ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky to put 5 more in 1st rd next June?

KWilt43atbuzz

All-American
Nov 18, 2012
Skal
Murray
Briscoe
Lee
Poythress

I know Poy and Lee have work to do, hell, they all do, but I can see it, what say you?

I predict two 1st rounders - Murray & Skal.

Poythresss has no shot & Lee odds are incredibly slim. I actually expect Lee to return for his SR. year.

Skal, Murray, and maybe Briscoe.

In my opinion for Poythress to really blow up he will have to play the 4. Not many NBA teams going to draft a 22 yr old 6'7 power forward in the first round.

I don't see it. The 3 frosh are the only ones I'd say have a good chance, and maybe Briscoe comes back. I won't expect that though...never do.

I agree with brianpoe, however; Poy is just as good as M. Harrell (age 21 and 6-7.5 in shoes)...and he went 32nd.

I think these 5 are going to dominate.
UK needs them to and I think all 5 will play themselves into 1st rounders, with each others and Cal's help of course.

I agree with brianpoe, however; Poy is just as good as M. Harrell (age 21 and 6-7.5 in shoes)...and he went 32nd.

32 isn't 1st round though... I definitely agree with you and think if he has a good year he will get picked up in the 2nd.

Poythress will have to prove his worth from the corner three if he's going to have any real shot at the first round. He has a lot of work to do.

Poythress will have to prove his worth from the corner three if he's going to have any real shot at the first round. He has a lot of work to do.

I don't want Poy shooting in any 3 pointers to be honest. He needs to glue his behind down low and get layups, dunks, post up moves, and take the rare mid-range jumper.

The two typically go handy and handy.

Wish that were true for us. Ive said it before, if (and I do mean "if" because I fear we are due a letdown in the tournament) we get back to the Final Four i hope Kenny Payne or someone says "Cal, get the hell out of the way and let these boys play".

Wish that were true for us. Ive said it before, if (and I do mean "if" because I fear we are due a letdown in the tournament) we get back to the Final Four i hope Kenny Payne or someone says "Cal, get the hell out of the way and let these boys play".

You copying and pasting that reply?

Has anyone heard anything on Lee this summer? I hope he is working on his shot and conditioning. Lee may be the key as a backup 5. Hope he has been in the gym a lot.

Reactions: brianpoe

capture32.jpg

Has anyone heard anything on Lee this summer? I hope he is working on his shot and conditioning. Lee may be the key as a backup 5. Hope he has been in the gym a lot.

There was a story in the paper around 3 weeks after the final four where they talked to Lee and he said he had been in the gym everyday and he couldn't believe how the season ended. I hope the kid, along with Alex explodes this year. It would help the freshmen tremendously early if they could.

I'm sure everyone would agree with you but its harder to do that without the NBA type players, even dook understands that now.

Yeah, UK is not winning a national title without NBA players. The 98 team did not really have any high level draft picks, but 4 players from that team were first round picks at some point. 96 certainly had star power, as did 2012, and 78 had several first round picks as well.

The problem for Cal is that you can't keep your high level NBA talent for more than one year anymore...it is just isn't happening. That is an issue everywhere, but with UK it is magnified because every year the best players are freshman and why UK may have the best raw talent most seasons, they do not have the experience they need in some aspects. That said, it has not really hurt UK overall as other than 2010, all the teams that were any good made it to at least the Final Four.

There was a story in the paper around 3 weeks after the final four where they talked to Lee and he said he had been in the gym everyday and he couldn't believe how the season ended. I hope the kid, along with Alex explodes this year. It would help the freshmen tremendously early if they could.

I read that story but have not heard or read anything on him since. I'm with you hope he and Alex really come on strong this season.

I gave up trying to figure out who stays and who goes, need to see them all play together first, impressed with Murray though, we know what Ulis, Poythress and Lee can do, hope they have been living in the gym and weight room:popcorn:

ADVERTISEMENT