ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky team to beat for Miles Bridges

Nov 3, 2013
Things seem to be heating up for five-starMiles Bridges. The Michigan native who had an absolutely tremendous July has narrowed down his list, but the reality is a few schools are feeling good about their chances, far better than the rest in fact.

Right now all the buzz behind the scenes is that Kentucky is the clear team to beat for Bridges. There is no questioning that Bridges himself seems to favor the Wildcats, and in his mind they are clear team to beat.

That said the close to home pull fromMichigan State remains very real. In fact word is people in his hometown of Flint are pushing heavily for Bridges come back to the state and be a Spartan.

While North Carolina is in this, and Indianahas a visit set up, and Bridges continues to list the Wolverines of Michigan, all signs point to this being a Wildcats v Spartans battle.

Right now Bridges looks to be favoring the Wildcats, and there is reason for major optimism in Lexington, but getting a Flint kid away from Michigan State is never easy, and the Spartans are definitely rallying the troops around town to help get this momentum back in their direction.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1567931-recruiting-report-7-29-15

Don't tell the Sparty fan. A class of local third graders all made really nice drawings for Bridges and it meant a lot to him.

Reactions: KyFord
I really hope and pray this is correct. I would like to see this kid at UK next year. Thanks for the information op.

Reactions: oldfanofuk
The way Bridges shot the ball over the summer, he is definitely the big wing that I want. Good shooter, good ballhandler, good rebounder, and good finisher. Perfect guy to play the 3 for us and strong enough to slide over to the 4 at times (like when we have foul trouble).

Reactions: oldfanofuk
A better version of Poythress? I see a lot of similarities between the two with Bridges having a little more polish to his offense! I sure hope this is true. Bridges is an elite player who brings instant toughness!

The thought of Monk and Bridges flying the court with Ulis leading the break next year is enough to unnerve even the most confident opposing fans.

Cat . We are going to get 6-7 top 30 players yet again in this class but this time we will have a commit from a true blue top 10 SF , something we haven't had since MKG .

There you have it. Cal sorta said the same thing 2 days ago.

The thought of Monk and Bridges flying the court with Ulis leading the break next year is enough to unnerve even the most confident opposing fans.

The possible combination of players that might commit from this class is mind boggling. This class is so deep that we could end up with a wide range of different players and still have the #1 class. There are a lot of different options in this class but I love Bridges! Its going to be fun to watch, that's for sure.

Thanks for the update! It would be great to land this kid! Bridges is a versatile, top end talent and would give the roster added flexibility (especially if Poy doesn't apply for a redshirt)

Great news. I read the article last night. With Fultz potentially deciding around August and Bridges in December, we could have a very solid base for the '16 class before the year is up.

I just want that elite wing. I love teams that have the versatile 6'6"-6'8" SF/wing that can do it all.

Yep. My sentiments exactly.

I just want that elite wing. I love teams that have the versatile 6'6"-6'8" SF/wing that can do it all.

That's the biggest reason we were so good in 2012- we had two of them (MKG, Jones). Guys like that can guard multiple positions, clean the glass and lead or finish the break.

Reactions: will1976
I respect Izzo as much as any coach out there, like the guy even, but he loses leads in recruiting every year. Jabari Parker, Tyus Jones, Jahlil Okafor, Caleb Swannigan- just some examples of players State was favored for at one point or another.

This is good news and I expect him to be here. Who I am hoping we get that we have a good shot at...

1. Bridges
2. Fox
3. Alkins
4. Monk/Fultz
5. Maker/Killeya-Jones

Reactions: brianpoe
I respect Izzo as much as any coach out there, like the guy even, but he loses leads in recruiting every year. Jabari Parker, Tyus Jones, Jahlil Okafor, Caleb Swannigan- just some examples of players State was favored for at one point or another.

Ulis also correct?

Reactions: wcc31
Local pressure seems to play less and less of a factor with kids these days. My take away is it leads kids to consider the home town school for a longer period and list them as a finalist, but it just rarely seems to actually lead the kids to commit away form a more attractive coach/school/situation.

Think we land this kid, and Cal has some swag which is always a good sign.

Well, I'm sure Monk, and his mother and brother are fully aware of the currency forgery ring that went on with multiple players on Arkansas' basketball team (how could they not, their cousin was one of the players that got caught doing it).
Consider that the team will be an absolute dumpster fire next season, and their chances at getting Monk have nearly died in a matter of a day.

Could see a class of:

PG: Fox
SG: Monk
SF: Bridges
PF: Killeya-Jones
C: Bolden (his mentor is Julius Randle's godfather, and is close friends with Kenny Payne).

SG/SF: Alkins
PG/SG: Fultz

Reactions: brianpoe and MWes11
I hope Giles doesn't crap on Duke and pick UK and mess up all of your guys predictions...
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know, I know Duke lock, but whatever.:sunglasses:

Still waiting for the Spartan fan to come here and talk about Bridges being from Flint and tight with many MSU players.

if you can go to a guy like Giles or Ayton this Spring and say you could come play with a Top 1-2 PG like Fox, a top 1-2 2G like Monk or Fultz, a top 2-3 SF like Bridges or Alkins, a Top 3-4 PF like Jones - how enticing do you think that would be?

To me the big 3 would be Fox, Monk, Bridges - if you've got those 3 on-board and can add a Fultz or Alkins, that would be an great group for any big - Giles or Ayton - to want to come play with - and it would indeed be Cal's best class ever.

And that's on top of whoever we have coming back from 2015 - Mulder, Lee, Wynyard, etc.

Reactions: brianpoe
Whoa whoa whoa guys. Let's pump the brakes here. Getting top flight recruits is all good and dandy but as our resident expert Cut-Nuts opines; top recruiting classes don't win championships!!!!

Reactions: ia.ukfan and wcc31
Whoa whoa whoa guys. Let's pump the brakes here. Getting top flight recruits is all good and dandy but as our resident expert Cut-Nuts opines; top recruiting classes don't win championships!!!!

Slurping on me still I see. Think about it, if I'm in your posts even when I haven't entered the thread (until now), then I must be in your head. If Im in your head then I guess I own you. God I love it. I could autograph something for you if you'd like. Not sure it would mean much to a big time D2 athlete like yourself. Glory days……..yeah they'll pass you by glory days…...

Slurping on me still I see. Think about it, if I'm in your posts even when I haven't entered the thread (until now), then I must be in your head. If Im in your head then I guess I own you. God I love it. I could autograph something for you if you'd like. Not sure it would mean much to a big time D2 athlete like yourself. Glory days……..yeah they'll pass you by glory days…...
The only thing you own is a bad reputation along with a life-size Bruce Pearl poster hanging on your bedroom wall.

Reactions: ia.ukfan
The only thing you own is a bad reputation along with a life-size Bruce Pearl poster hanging on your bedroom wall.

Now I bet you still have your D2 football jersey and helmet don't you. I bet you its in a super safe place. Hell you probably put that helmet on from time to time to see if it still fits. If you went on a message board and found a way to brag on your D2 football playing days "got picked off 3 times etc" (humble brag) I can't imagine how much you talk about it. Glory days…….in the wink of a young girl's eyes, glory days……….glory daaaaaaaaaays

Now I bet you still have your D2 football jersey and helmet don't you. I bet you its in a super safe place. Hell you probably put that helmet on from time to time to see if it still fits. If you went on a message board and found a way to brag on your D2 football playing days "got picked off 3 times etc" (humble brag) I can't imagine how much you talk about it. Glory days…….in the wink of a young girl's eyes, glory days……….glory daaaaaaaaaays
Looks like somebody's mad. Poor guy. Cal has really done a number on ya here recently. Signing Murray, leading for numerous '16 targets. Got his swag back.That's gotta sting. Don't worry though, you only have about 5 more years of him once Brad walks on. That should give you the chance to reload your Anti-Cal bb gun you carry around with ya.

This fancy ignore feature is fantastic. I can tell something idiotic is being said, but I am being spared the inconvenience of being exposed to it.

Last edited:
Looks like somebody's mad. Poor guy. Cal has really done a number on ya here recently. Signing Murray, leading for numerous '16 targets. Got his swag back.That's gotta sting. Don't worry though, you only have about 5 more years of him once Brad walks on. That should give you the chance to reload your Anti-Cal bb gun you carry around with ya.

Lol whats funny is that I love Cal. God you are dumb. Ive said over and over again I love Cal. By the way, nice job hijacking the thread.

Because I state my opinion on what I believe to be Cal's shortcomings doesn't mean I can't stand him as a coach or want him to fail. Quite the contrary (that means quite the opposite, or opposed). I want Cal to succeed at UK, obviously, or I wouldn't be so damn bitter over coming up short. Seriously, how dumb are you?

Back to topic. Bridges would be the type that quite frankly we've never had. MKG? Yes, but a better shooter.

Is my shrine growing?

Lol. Some funny back and forth here. Thanks for a good laugh [laughing][laughing]

ADVERTISEMENT