ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky fans I have a couple of questions

Mar 12, 2013
***I am not trying to flame/troll I have been more of a lurker

Kentucky fans, you guys generate a ton of discussion on this board. I am a Kansas fan but I have a great amount of respect for Kentucky's program. Since the 2015 recruiting has just about ended. Who are you guys looking forward to for 2016? Josh Jackson is one of the most impressive players I have seen at a highschool level. 24/7 has him as the highest overall shooting guard ever ranked by the site.

Also, Kentucky is much closer to Ohio than Kansas and the your fans travel like crazy, so I wanted to know if any of the older members went to see Lebron James play in highschool? If so, what what impressed you the most about his game at that age?

I haven't seen any of the 2016 players play, so I can not answer your first question.

However, when Lebron was a jr. and sr. in high school I was a high school basketball coach in the eastern part of Ohio and got to see him play more than once. In fact, his senior year we made it to the state semi-finals and got the privilege of coaching a game against Lebron.
What impressed me the most about Lebron in high school? There were lots of things. First of all, I am not sure there has been another player who was more a man among boys at that level than Lebron. His size, strength, and athletic ability were off the chart. However, another thing that greatly stood out to me, is that he always played within the game. He never forced the issue, he looked to get team mates involved, even at the high school level. The only think I felt he had as a weakness was his outside shot, which still isn't great, but is greatly improved over his NBA career.

I haven't seen any of the 2016 players play, so I can not answer your first question.

However, when Lebron was a jr. and sr. in high school I was a high school basketball coach in the eastern part of Ohio and got to see him play more than once. In fact, his senior year we made it to the state semi-finals and got the privilege of coaching a game against Lebron.
What impressed me the most about Lebron in high school? There were lots of things. First of all, I am not sure there has been another player who was more a man among boys at that level than Lebron. His size, strength, and athletic ability were off the chart. However, another thing that greatly stood out to me, is that he always played within the game. He never forced the issue, he looked to get team mates involved, even at the high school level. The only think I felt he had as a weakness was his outside shot, which still isn't great, but is greatly improved over his NBA career.
Thank you so much for the reply. It is just crazy to me that a highschool student could show so much polish. I have been watching his old mixtapes and recruiting videos but you don't really get to see the entire picture. If you don't mind me asking what was the score of that game?

- Malik Monk. Kid is electric and I think the Cats steal him out of Arkanasas.

- What impressed me immediately watching James in high school was his feel for the game and passing ability. Just great court vision and unselfishness from a guy who could score at will if he wanted. He preferred to be a team player.

I first heard about Lebron when he was in 8th grade because we were the same age and I went to all of those AAU/Blue Chip bball camps (never with him but with a couple of guys that played with him) and that was about as close to a real-life version of the recruiting in He Got Game.

Lebron played in tourney (so do all big prospects) a mile from my house. I've become a Cavs fan when he's there. Otherwise I root for UK guys. Haven't had a real NBA team to follow since Jordan. Malik Monk is who I'm lookin fwd to seeing in the future.

Thank you so much for the reply. It is just crazy to me that a highschool student could show so much polish. I have been watching his old mixtapes and recruiting videos but you don't really get to see the entire picture. If you don't mind me asking what was the score of that game?

I would have to look back in an old score book. However, they beat us by little more than 30 and it was something like 78-47 ... or something close to that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT