ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Williams to UNC - was Cal looking at this kid?

Sep 3, 2005
did not remember who all was involved after Shaka leaving VCU opened up his recruitment.... looks like a sharpshooter who has some other skills too....

did not remember who all was involved after Shaka leaving VCU opened up his recruitment.... looks like a sharpshooter who has some other skills too....
Big get for a UNCheat team that had only one reliable shooter last season.

Lousiville, GTown, Florida, Virginia, UConn, Carolina, and Michigan were the main schools I remember calling him once Shaka left. He set up officials to UNC, UVA, Florida, and Michigan. He eventually cancelled the Florida and Michigan visits.

UNC will be really good next year...

PG - Britt/Berry
SG - Paige/Williams
SF - Jackson/Pinson
PF - Johnson/ Hicks
C - Meeks

Roy's four-year plan: Recruit guys who should be in the NBA after 1-2 years, and convince them to play 3-4. Throw in the AF-AM program to keep them eligible (until caught) and repeat in cycles of roughly 4 years: 2005-2009-2012-2016.

I think I prefer having a legitimate shot almost every year.

This group might be Roy's last solid group for a while If this one fails to reach the Final Four, UNC nation will be lamenting in the streets.

We all know that UNC athletics should be on a 2 year probation and likely should be shut down for a year.. If cheating on academics condoned by the institution isn't lack of institutional control what is? If UNC gets away with this why not just create a degree in the art of Tiddle Winks or something else just as ridiculous. Jez I have heard UNC fans in the past refer to their school as on a level with the Ivy League in academics. LOL at that. The Carolina way "Cheating".

I most times do not like to see teams get in trouble with the NCAA but with UNC and Indiana I am overjoyed because of the sanctimonious way their fans have went at other teams that have been in trouble in the past. The IU fans up here in Columbus have lived hard from the razzing that I have given them since their little bout with punishment from the NCAA,

PG - Britt/Berry
SG - Paige/Williams
SF - Jackson/Pinson
PF - Johnson/ Hicks
C - Meeks

Only thing I would amend there is Berry in front of Britt. Once he returned from injury, Berry passed Britt in the rotation and became the first guy off the bench. It made a big difference. As good as Paige is, he does not push the fast break at the pace Roy would prefer. Berry is quicker, more of a pure PG, and he pushes the pace similar to how Ray Felton used to. I think for UNC to maximize their potential, they have to do a better job capitalizing on fast break opportunities. Berry is probably the best option for making that happen.

As for Kenny Williams, he brings the one thing to the court that UNC has needed the last two seasons... More reliable 3pt shooting. We know Paige can shoot. Britt shot over 40% last year after making the odd decision to switch shooting hands in the offseason. Berry and Jackson both shot well over the final 10 or so games of the season (Jackson actually shot ridiculously well) but that doesn't erase how they shot earlier in the season, and I don't think you can count either as a reliable threat from deep until they prove it consistently. So Williams, regardless of where he is ranked in the top 100, is definitely an asset. With more and more teams using zone these days, everybody needs a zone buster or two.

Kenny Williams was actually named Student of the Year at his high school on April 23rd, per his high school principal's Twitter feed.

for the record, student of the year is more of a popularity contest and not any kind of academic acheivement. choosing a football player and a bball player is a good clue.

btw, here is a description of student of the year in chesterfield county (keep in mind that bird h.s. isn't exactly a school with a stellar rep

"Each year, Chesterfield County Public Schools honors two students from every school for demonstrating citizenship and the school division’s core values of respect, responsibility, honesty and accountability. "

PG - Britt/Berry
SG - Paige/Williams
SF - Jackson/Pinson
PF - Johnson/ Hicks
C - Meeks

Yes they will as they have a lot of depth but Paige is soooo inconsistent and only Johnson IMO is on Poy or Briscoe 's talent level. UNC and KU are deeper then UK but we are more talented. Skal is much better then any post player for a top 5 team not named Diallo or Johnson ( though Swanigan is good as well) . UNC has alot of what i like to call Gerald Fitch level players ie very good college players but not pros. Britt, Berry , Pinson , hicks , Meeks. While Jackson , Johnson and Paige will be pros but only Jackson IMO will be a good pro.

Roy's four-year plan: Recruit guys who should be in the NBA after 1-2 years, and convince them to play 3-4. Throw in the AF-AM program to keep them eligible (until caught) and repeat in cycles of roughly 4 years: 2005-2009-2012-2016.

I think I prefer having a legitimate shot almost every year.

Do some research before you post idiotic things. Here are his players hs rankings (rivals):
Britt 90
Paige 34
Jackson 11
Johnson 49
Meeks 57
Berry 27
Williams 89
Pinson 17
Hicks 16
James 65
Not many elite players there...yet they'll probably be the favorites to win the championship next year. Man, imagine how good they'd be if Roy actually could recruit...probably something along the lines of their teams from 2005-2012.

This kid is a sharpshooter, doubt Calipari was interested. He doesn't go after shooters unless they can drive and dunk first.

Do some research before you post idiotic things. Here are his players hs rankings (rivals):
Britt 90
Paige 34
Jackson 11
Johnson 49
Meeks 57
Berry 27
Williams 89
Pinson 17
Hicks 16
James 65
Not many elite players there...yet they'll probably be the favorites to win the championship next year. Man, imagine how good they'd be if Roy actually could recruit...probably something along the lines of their teams from 2005-2012.

UNCheat will not win the title next year. The loss of Tokoto is not going to be made up with this guy. And someone earlier nailed it. You guys have a bunch of good to pretty good players, but it is not a title-calibre team. And Williams is a shadow of the coach he used to be.

Britt 90
Paige 34
Jackson 11
Johnson 49
Meeks 57
Berry 27
Williams 89
Pinson 17
Hicks 16
James 65
Don't know anything about Roy's plan but Meeks is still in school while Dakari who is not half the player has declared for the draft.

Reactions: CUT-NETS
Don't know anything about Roy's plan but Meeks is still in school while Dakari who is not half the player has declared for the draft.

Maybe he should've been given better advice? Also, no way Meeks was expected to leave after two years coming in...Dakari was supposed to be a game-changer, top 10 recruit.

UNCheat will not win the title next year. The loss of Tokoto is not going to be made up with this guy. And someone earlier nailed it. You guys have a bunch of good to pretty good players, but it is not a title-calibre team. And Williams is a shadow of the coach he used to be.

Yet another example of having no respect for the ability of another team. I know I know, i don't respect UNCheat at all for the academic fraud, but they will be damn good next year with a legitimate shot at the final four and a national title. To act any other way about it is simply being a homer which you definitely are.

UNC will be very good next season.

He's a smaller guard & it wouldn't make sense to have him alongside of Ullis& Briscoe.

A taller guard like Murray would be fine or a 6-7 slasher like Brown would go alongside of Ullis & Briscoe easily. Williams...not so much. But he's a great addition to UNC & exactly what they needed.

Yet another example of having no respect for the ability of another team. I know I know, i don't respect UNCheat at all for the academic fraud, but they will be damn good next year with a legitimate shot at the final four and a national title. To act any other way about it is simply being a homer which you definitely are.

UNC will be very good next season.

Didn't say they wouldn't be good. You have a reading comprehension problem. I however am pretty confident they won't win. I am prepared to bet you that if they do win it I will incur a one-year self-imposed ban, if you agree to do the same if they don't.

He's a smaller guard & it wouldn't make sense to have him alongside of Ullis& Briscoe.

A taller guard like Murray would be fine or a 6-7 slasher like Brown would go alongside of Ullis & Briscoe easily. Williams...not so much. But he's a great addition to UNC & exactly what they needed.

I've seen Williams listed as both 6'3" and 6'4". Not sure which one is more accurate. I suppose he could still be growing. But my initial guess is that the shorter listing will probably end up being more accurate.

Dakari was never thought of as a game changer. Anyone with any sense saw he was going to have physical limitations regardless of how long he stayed. Meeks has more skill and some of the same physical limitations but dont let ole roy get to crying though, his game just might get worse....

Lousiville, GTown, Florida, Virginia, UConn, Carolina, and Michigan were the main schools I remember calling him once Shaka left. He set up officials to UNC, UVA, Florida, and Michigan. He eventually cancelled the Florida and Michigan visits.
Thank you Bombur. your choosing a name of a JRRT dwarf is consistent with your helpfulness. :)

Thank you Bombur. your choosing a name of a JRRT dwarf is consistent with your helpfulness. :)

No problem. Also read back through some Evan Daniels stuff and found that Kansas also reached out to Williams, but was rebuffed like Louisville rather quickly. Seems like Bill Self wanted to jump on Shaka's VCU class the moment he heard Shaka was heading to a conference rival.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT