ADVERTISEMENT

Kash recruited by Drake et al?

Yes, I was told that Drake has been telling the Ky staff that they should recruit Kash for a few months. Drake is a big fan and friend of Kash's. Drake is definetley in Kash's ear.
Go Big Blue

Young men such as Drake are what makes the difference between the 2015 recruiting class and the 2016 class. Going back further, the 2014 class had Drew Barker et al, to solidify the class and hold it together. Last year's class didn't seem to have that critical nucleus of peer support.

At this point, the UK staff can afford to be selective, considering the number of commits they already have. That said, Kash is definitely a take, and would love to see him commit to UK sooner rather than later.

Landon young was tweeting fans to follow Kash upon receiving his offer and he had apparently been following him for a while himself

I saw a pic somewhere of Kash, Drake, and Landon when they were kids. At an all star game, I believe. They've known each other for a long time.

Here is the pic...

[URL=http://s340.photobucket.com/user/blackdawg28/media/w_H-esGn_zpsvloqo58h.jpg.html][/URL]
w_H-esGn_zpsvloqo58h.jpg

Every year, we see threads here about the importance of recruiting home grown players. Mostly, we hear about a popular Kentucky kid who makes headlines in the local newspaper. Sometimes, there are discussions about whether Stoops must sign all the top Kentucky high school players. The 3rd category is the 1 that pertains to Kash Daniel. Once in a while, a player is good enough to be recruited by other Big 5 conference programs. Like Tim Couch, Dennis Johnson, Andre Woodson, Brian Brohm, Michael Bush, Shaun Alexander, Brandon Deaderick, Micah Johnson, Corey Peters, Zach West, Patrick Towles, Damien Harris, Eli Brown. Kentucky signs most of these. Kash Daniel, Drake Jackson, Davonte Robinson, Landon Young fall into this category. If Stoops signs all 4, that should ease pain over Harris and satisfy Kentucky fans that Stoops more than holds his own. No college coach signs every top player from his state, but Stoops has done a better job than any previous Kentucky coach I can remember, including Curci. I am not a believer in the idea that Stoops must sign every top Kentucky kid to be successful. Recruiting in Ohio, Georgia, and Florida is sometimes more important for us, simply because those larger states have many times more SEC players in their high schools. But when it comes to generational players like Couch, Woodson, Alexander, Peters, and Harris, we have to sign most of them. I believe Daniel is more important for Stoops than Harris was, because Kentucky's offense is making strides without Harris but Kentucky's defense still has a longer ways to go. Signing Daniel may not be easy, but Stoops can sign him if UK's defense improves this year. DJ Eliot and Andy Buh will be critical in Daniel's recruitment, but it helps to have Drake Jackson involved. Jackson's stature as a Big 5 prospect is already immense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT