ADVERTISEMENT

Kash Daniel?

Well, if he doesn't redshirt you only have your son to blame. One of the big advantages of redshirting is for physical growth, and sounds like he is way ahead of the game there, and since that involves dedication and a lot of hard work sounds like he is ahead of the game there also.

That is one of the reasons I feel bad about the Tubman case, it sounded like he was another worker with the right attitude. I still believe in innocent until proven guilty, and think the DA probably has more resources than some committee.

I'm looking forward to seeing your son play this year, and if he wasn't going to play he would be redshirted, this staff has a history of doing the right thing..

Congratulations to your son! If he is an early enrollee I'm not sure if he would lose any time if he redshirted this year. I don't think he would. Has he talked to the staff about red-shirting or are they really ready for him to knock some offensive backs on their a**. Best of luck and I hope he gets what he wants to do regarding his possibility of red-shirting. Thanks for sharing! GBB
Thanks, at the end of spring practice, CMS asked him what his preference was and he stated that he didn't have one and wanted to do what was best for the team. He was then told that he would be counted on this year to play pending his continued development in the weight room and on the field. He played DE during the spring so coaches could get a feel for him at the 3 technique and now he has been moved permanently to the Jack position largely because of pass rush and coverage abilities. If he is able to contribute right away, that, along with a winning season can go along way with Kash and other LB recruits. In the 3-4 defense, we will use eight LB at one point or another during the season.

Well, if he doesn't redshirt you only have your son to blame. One of the big advantages of redshirting is for physical growth, and sounds like he is way ahead of the game there, and since that involves dedication and a lot of hard work sounds like he is ahead of the game there also.

That is one of the reasons I feel bad about the Tubman case, it sounded like he was another worker with the right attitude. I still believe in innocent until proven guilty, and think the DA probably has more resources than some committee.

I'm looking forward to seeing your son play this year, and if he wasn't going to play he would be redshirted, this staff has a history of doing the right thing..
The decision to not reinstate Tubman was somewhat of a surprise to me and is a sad one all the way around. Players have been warned that if they have any doubts they better be the first one to the police station just to be safe.

Thanks, at the end of spring practice, CMS asked him what his preference was and he stated that he didn't have one and wanted to do what was best for the team. He was then told that he would be counted on this year to play pending his continued development in the weight room and on the field. He played DE during the spring so coaches could get a feel for him at the 3 technique and now he has been moved permanently to the Jack position largely because of pass rush and coverage abilities. If he is able to contribute right away, that, along with a winning season can go along way with Kash and other LB recruits. In the 3-4 defense, we will use eight LB at one point or another during the season.

Thank you very much for your response!

Don't know about Kash was talking about his dad...Have heard his mom is a huge UK fan, but like many others in the state it could only be in basketball...
You're just going from one rumor to another.... You haven't got the slightest idea, and evidently, if your friend actually said that, he doesn't either.... You shouldn't listen to someone because he lives in a county close to where Kash lives.... That's not news, and why would you want to post negative news that came from a rumor of someone living somewhere in east ky?

You're just going from one rumor to another.... You haven't got the slightest idea, and evidently, if your friend actually said that, he doesn't either.... You shouldn't listen to someone because he lives in a county close to where Kash lives.... That's not news, and why would you want to post negative news that came from a rumor of someone living somewhere in east ky?
You need to reread my post...The info came from someone who is related to the family...not someone living in another county:p:rolleyes::)

You need to reread my post...The info came from someone who is related to the family...not someone living in another county:p:rolleyes::)

The creditability that I give to posts by someone saying they have an unnamed source that has information. ZERO 0 ZERO 0

I have a source in the NCAA office that has told me that the NCAA has reviewed the film of the UK Wisconsin game and has decided to rule that since the officiating was so bad they are going to give UK the win and now Duke will have to play UK for the National Championship. See how it works

People need to put to rest,the idea that Harris was a Kentucky lean or had any allegiance to UK. I live in Madison County,and there was never a reason,other than he lived here, but that his preference was to out of state schools,such as Michigan. Did not grow up a UK fan,so need to quit comparing him to home grown talent!

People need to put to rest,the idea that Harris was a Kentucky lean or had any allegiance to UK. I live in Madison County,and there was never a reason,other than he lived here, but that his preference was to out of state schools,such as Michigan. Did not grow up a UK fan,so need to quit comparing him to home grown talent!

Yeah but he sure seemed to enjoy being an attention w^&#@ at UK FB games and had no problem making people believe he had real interest in UK when apparently he never did. Sorry still have a chapped a$$ over that one, but kids will be kids I guess.

I like our chances of landing Mr. Daniels but it doesn't matter until the LOI is signed sealed and delivered.

The creditability that I give to posts by someone saying they have an unnamed source that has information. ZERO 0 ZERO 0

I have a source in the NCAA office that has told me that the NCAA has reviewed the film of the UK Wisconsin game and has decided to rule that since the officiating was so bad they are going to give UK the win and now Duke will have to play UK for the National Championship. See how it works
He is friends of the family ...Why the hell would I tell you his name?...So no I don't see how it works...

FYI: First Some background then these are supposedly quotes from Kash himself. Taken from an interview with a courier journal staff member.

UK offered him on April 27 and Klenakis and UofL offered him on April 28 after combine

* "It is unreal. Everybody around here is a really big Wilcat fan, and they bleed blue. Just random people that I have never heard of are tweeting me and telling me to go to UK, putting up links to UK videos. It is just unreal how bad this state wants me to play for UK."

* Daniel says he has been to several UK games with family but that he is not personally a fan of UK, or any team, the way Paintsville fans are, and he dismissed the fact that he would just go to UK because that is the in-state school that everyone around there wanted him to go.

* UofL is getting a very strong look. Daniel enjoyed the personal attention he received from UofL's staff at a February junior day. "You could tell it is a family atmosphere up there and that everybody cares about one another, and they're in the business of winning and not looking back."

* "I get a lot of people who tell me not to go to Louisville because they don't want to have to cheer for the Cards." But, Daniel pays that little mind, "My whole life, I knew there were going to be critics, so I've learned not to care what other people say or think. If they tell me not to go to Louisville, well, I don't care because they are not the one making the decision. If I feel at home at Louisville, then I will go to Louisville. If I feel at UK or some other school, I will go there."

Sounds like the negative recruiting on twitter is having a negative impact on Kash. Fans should leave it up to the coaches to recruit players. Sure give him a follow, even congratulate them on the offer. After that leave it for the various staffs to battle it out. What people do to these kids is crazy. That's not just UK fans (I am not singling anyone out) )that is the crazy fans from any school.

FYI: First Some background then these are supposedly quotes from Kash himself. Taken from an interview with a courier journal staff member.

UK offered him on April 27 and Klenakis and UofL offered him on April 28 after combine

* "It is unreal. Everybody around here is a really big Wilcat fan, and they bleed blue. Just random people that I have never heard of are tweeting me and telling me to go to UK, putting up links to UK videos. It is just unreal how bad this state wants me to play for UK."

* Daniel says he has been to several UK games with family but that he is not personally a fan of UK, or any team, the way Paintsville fans are, and he dismissed the fact that he would just go to UK because that is the in-state school that everyone around there wanted him to go.

* UofL is getting a very strong look. Daniel enjoyed the personal attention he received from UofL's staff at a February junior day. "You could tell it is a family atmosphere up there and that everybody cares about one another, and they're in the business of winning and not looking back."

* "I get a lot of people who tell me not to go to Louisville because they don't want to have to cheer for the Cards." But, Daniel pays that little mind, "My whole life, I knew there were going to be critics, so I've learned not to care what other people say or think. If they tell me not to go to Louisville, well, I don't care because they are not the one making the decision. If I feel at home at Louisville, then I will go to Louisville. If I feel at UK or some other school, I will go there."

Sounds like the negative recruiting on twitter is having a negative impact on Kash. Fans should leave it up to the coaches to recruit players. Sure give him a follow, even congratulate them on the offer. After that leave it for the various staffs to battle it out. What people do to these kids is crazy. That's not just UK fans (I am not singling anyone out) )that is the crazy fans from any school.

Some good info on the surface.

I don't know a thing about this kid or his recruitment... But here's what seems odd about his recruitment from what little I have read...
KD had been playing ball for three years... Goes to a camp and is that diamond in the rough/a find!... His size and speed and ability to cover open eyes...
Apparently his Camp performance gets him an offer form home State UK... After review of tape (perhaps) others offer and that includes some of the BIGS....
It certainly was the first many of us had heard about him... I don't remember hearing about him via any of the social media type outlets... But I'm not exactly a guy that follows that stuff all that much... Until I hear from someone that knows, that UK had been on this guy for a while, then far as I'm concerned he's up for grabs... Why didn't UK know about him? Why didn't his coach send UK some tape make a phone call? Why wasn't someone interested at the State school long before he Camped??? I don't know but as they say about the NFL... If you can run, cover, catch, tackle and are real big, they will find you, even if you play for the all Eskimo team at Alaska St. U....... I don't know how he feels about UK but my guess is that he'd feel a lot better had they been a player in his recruitment for a period of time longer than what it appears they were??? But I don't know any more than the rest of you... I'm just schmuck that reads this stuff.

Yeah but he sure seemed to enjoy being an attention w^&#@ at UK FB games and had no problem making people believe he had real interest in UK when apparently he never did. Sorry still have a chapped a$$ over that one, but kids will be kids I guess.

I like our chances of landing Mr. Daniels but it doesn't matter until the LOI is signed sealed and delivered.

I agree. I thought his actions or maybe better, his numerous actions were less than honorable and I felt like his mother did not approve of his conduct either.

Sounds like the negative recruiting on twitter is having a negative impact on Kash. Fans should leave it up to the coaches to recruit players. Sure give him a follow, even congratulate them on the offer. After that leave it for the various staffs to battle it out. What people do to these kids is crazy. That's not just UK fans (that is the crazy fans from any school.
I don't know a thing about this kid or his recruitment... But here's what seems odd about his recruitment from what little I have read...
KD had been playing ball for three years... Goes to a camp and is that diamond in the rough/a find!... His size and speed and ability to cover open eyes...
Apparently his Camp performance gets him an offer form home State UK... After review of tape (perhaps) others offer and that includes some of the BIGS....
It certainly was the first many of us had heard about him... I don't remember hearing about him via any of the social media type outlets... But I'm not exactly a guy that follows that stuff all that much... Until I hear from someone that knows, that UK had been on this guy for a while, then far as I'm concerned he's up for grabs... Why didn't UK know about him? Why didn't his coach send UK some tape make a phone call? Why wasn't someone interested at the State school long before he Camped??? I don't know but as they say about the NFL... If you can run, cover, catch, tackle and are real big, they will find you, even if you play for the all Eskimo team at Alaska St. U....... I don't know how he feels about UK but my guess is that he'd feel a lot better had they been a player in his recruitment for a period of time longer than what it appears they were??? But I don't know any more than the rest of you... I'm just schmuck that reads this stuff.

My Nephew is 6' 3" about 300 lbs. He runs about a 5.1 as an offensive lineman. He had a terrible coach, I mean terrible. I took him to the GSU camp in which he was a top performer. The coach asked me to get him some film on him. Well his school is in a backwoods no where that is half impossible to get to. I got there asked his coach if I could get the relevant film, or have access to get it assembled. First he said no to access, then it took him 4 months to the tape to us. My nephew ended up starting school on an academic scholarship at a small christian college and kept himself in shape. We then got the film which he and I edited. His dad didn't want him to go far so we just sent it to a few schools GSU, Georgia Southern, Valdosta, ect. Anyway next year he will be playing for Georgia Southern. Kentucky kids are lucky that they have two major camps to attend in UK and Louisville. Some parents and coaches don't market their kids very well and those camps make it accessible.

Sounds like the negative recruiting on twitter is having a negative impact on Kash. Fans should leave it up to the coaches to recruit players. Sure give him a follow, even congratulate them on the offer. After that leave it for the various staffs to battle it out. What people do to these kids is crazy. That's not just UK fans (that is the crazy fans from any school.

My Nephew is 6' 3" about 300 lbs. He runs about a 5.1 as an offensive lineman. He had a terrible coach, I mean terrible. I took him to the GSU camp in which he was a top performer. The coach asked me to get him some film on him. Well his school is in a backwoods no where that is half impossible to get to. I got there asked his coach if I could get the relevant film, or have access to get it assembled. First he said no to access, then it took him 4 months to the tape to us. My nephew ended up starting school on an academic scholarship at a small christian college and kept himself in shape. We then got the film which he and I edited. His dad didn't want him to go far so we just sent it to a few schools GSU, Georgia Southern, Valdosta, ect. Anyway next year he will be playing for Georgia Southern. Kentucky kids are lucky that they have two major camps to attend in UK and Louisville. Some parents and coaches don't market their kids very well and those camps make it accessible.
Good info and explains some of it.... I tend to forget that we're talking HS football... No insult to the profession as a whole but there are some terrible people in coaching, and more than a few terrible coaches that are okay people.
Good luck to your nephew....

i read that article and it was a ul article. the questions were about his interaction with ul and its coaches and really only mentioned UK in passing. for the record. kash has been on UK's campus just as much as he's been to ul. he's had just as much contact with UK's coaches as he had with ul the difference is the guy who recruited the state for UK went to troy and so we probably had a lull in getting face to face time with him. my gut tells me he is a UK lean but it does sound like he really likes klenakis (i've read several articles from other teams sites and he mentions him more than a few times). i think he stays in state either way a lot will depend on how UK does this year. if we show improvement then i like our chances better. if we dont, then i could very well see him going to ul.

and i know the homegrown talent is always good to get but lets not forget we are still looking good for tucky and a couple other guys have visits planned. we just have to get 2 good inside lb'ers this cycle and i hope kash is one of them but as long as we get 2 really good ones... im gonna be happy.

Some kids just seem to think that the grass is going to be greener on the other side of the fence and it is difficult to change their minds. I agree that Harris was one of those and I never had much hope from the beginning that he was going to sign with UK. I would not think badly about him for going out of state if he hadn't been an ass hat and led the coaching staff and fans to believe he might come to UK Since he did he has my ill will. and I hope he is a bust at Alabama.

If Kash gives UK serious, respectful consideration throughout the recruiting process and, then, chooses to go somewhere else, I will respect his decision and wish him well whether he chooses UL, UT, Alabama or elsewhere.

On the other hand, if the night before he announces that he will be attending Alabama or any other school, he trolls the UK fan base for tweets regarding how badly we want him at Kentucky, I'll write him off as a disrespectful punk and, no, I won't be rooting for him.

From what I've read about Kash so far, I just don't see him acting the fool like that.

At the end of the day, I am looking forward to seeing Kash in UK Blue making some big time hits against UL, UT, and Alabama running backs and receivers. That will be fun to watch.

UK REALLY NEEDS TO TRY TO CLOSE THE DEAL. Right now,he is Enamored with South Carolina. If Ohio St. Offers... It will be tough. But he likes UK.
Kash is legit.

This is right.

And, not all kids or their families will come to UK, even if they grew up UK fans. Stoopa has demonstrated he knows the importance of in-state recruiting and has done a great job keeping the top talent at UK, for the most part.

This is right.

And, not all kids or their families will come to UK, even if they grew up UK fans. Stoopa has demonstrated he knows the importance of in-state recruiting and has done a great job keeping the top talent at UK, for the most part.
Agree.

I would never downgrade a player for choosing their Home State University, and in most cases it IS their best choice. I could also sympathize (a little bit) with players that went to schools that put a lot more into football than UK did-----for decades. It was a real problem in football, but now I'm not sure what other schools can offer that is that much better than UK, including being part of the rebuilding process. The facilities, the coaching staff, the fan base, always great considering the product they had to support, the strength and conditioning program, a lot of kudos for them, a great State University with a lot of tradition, an excellent tutoring program, a great bb program to watch, the list is long.

There are lots of advantages, family and friends able to follow your career, able to go home and get a home cooked meal once in a while as well as able to take your dirty clothes home and get them washed (well, guess that isn't needed by these guys, but it was important to me), and if you get lost in all the talent at a Bama you will still be a home town hero. Also if you don't make a lot of money from playing pro ball it will still open a lot more doors for you in your home state than some other place, if you get a career ending injury or don't play much you won't be remembered long at some of those places.

A little disappointed in his attitude if the quotes attributed to him are true, sorry, but I won't have a lot of empathy for the RB that went to Bama whatever happens to him, I won't be celebrating his triumphs or his defeats.

Was told by a friend who lives in that part of the state that he is by NO means a certainty for UK and in fact that his dad is not a UK fan and they very well may take the best offer he gets if he likes it well enough...Thoughts?
All of this attention on him, now he comes out and says he is not a UK fan like most Paintsville people are. Worst part is his 'talking up' UL. Just a lot of bad info earlier.

Forget it... Louisville will be the last place Kash would go.....

All of this attention on him, now he comes out and says he is not a UK fan like most Paintsville people are. Worst part is his 'talking up' UL. Just a lot of bad info earlier.
i think the doom and gloom is a bit premature at this point. i think all he's saying is he's gonna take all his visits and he's gonna decide this fall. he's been to several UK games and he talks to eliot almost daily and drake is working him hard. we just have to have a good season and i think we got a really good shot. saying he's not a UK fan like most people are.... well hell, that is about the most rabid UK fans in the world so...

Kentucky is on the rise, recently some of the best players in the state have stayed at home to play for the cats and hopefully he will too. I remember some top notch players from Kentucky in the past went somewhere else only to sit on the bench or transfer out after a couple of years, he is in the heart of Big Blue country, you would think he would want to be a part of something special here. I think he would have a better chance of playing a lot here early, than somewhere else, not to mention being close enough for family and friends to get to see him play. It would be hard for me to grow up here and turn down UK if they really wanted me and I had family and friends who give me good advice about going to our state univsersity.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT