ADVERTISEMENT

Kash Daniel?

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
Was told by a friend who lives in that part of the state that he is by NO means a certainty for UK and in fact that his dad is not a UK fan and they very well may take the best offer he gets if he likes it well enough...Thoughts?

This is the first I have head he is not a HUGE UK fan. Everyone on here has described him as loving UK and a rabid fan. This is one we need to lock up!!!!

If the kid and his parents don't want him here then oh well. After Harris in football and everyone in Bball, I don't get worked up about recruiting anymore.

This is the first I have head he is not a HUGE UK fan. Everyone on here has described him as loving UK and a rabid fan. This is one we need to lock up!!!!
Don't know about Kash was talking about his dad...Have heard his mom is a huge UK fan, but like many others in the state it could only be in basketball...

Reactions: optimus-blue
Don't know about Kash was talking about his dad...Have heard his mom is a huge UK fan, but like many others in the state it could only be in basketball...

He seems to involve himself in awful lot with UK football to potentially only be a fan of the basketball team.

Looks awfully developed for a 17 year old....
It must be in the water up there. My son enrolled early at UK this spring weighing 247pds with 21% body fat. They
broke him down to 223 pds by the beginning of February and now he's pushing 265 pds with 11% body fat. CMS
told him after spring ball that he's good for the next two years at that weight, needs to make the weight room his best friend
this summer and he will be counted on in the 2 deep this season at LB.
Still not certain if that's a good thing as I was hoping for a RS.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
It must be in the water up there. My son enrolled early at UK this spring weighing 247pds with 21% body fat. They
broke him down to 223 pds by the beginning of February and now he's pushing 265 pds with 11% body fat. CMS
told him after spring ball that he's good for the next two years at that weight, needs to make the weight room his best friend

I certainly hope he can RS too but UK is so very short of quality depth he may be forced to play. Hope it works out best for all concerned and good luck to your son.

One thing I will say I have noticed with Stoops is that if you are a TF and not RSing, you will get your reps on the field and it wont be a waste. With Elam, they didn't/don't think he would've been around all 5 years to make a RS worth it (before anyone wants to argue about him)...

Sounds like he will be physically ready to help out...and he works too hard to fail in the classroom, so I think you will be a happy papa in the fall! (sure you're already proud, but man what a feeling you will get to see him play his first college snaps!)

One thing I will say I have noticed with Stoops is that if you are a TF and not RSing, you will get your reps on the field and it wont be a waste. With Elam, they didn't/don't think he would've been around all 5 years to make a RS worth it (before anyone wants to argue about him)...

Sounds like he will be physically ready to help out...and he works too hard to fail in the classroom, so I think you will be a happy papa in the fall! (sure you're already proud, but man what a feeling you will get to see him play his first college snaps!)
That was my biggest concern and I am definitely excited to hear that, He will not turn 18 until the end of July and Coach Brumbaugh said he is just starting to get his 'man strength' and is making some real progress in the weight room. We are all excited about what's in store and proud to be Wildcats!

I like the film on Kash Daniel, hopefully we can close the deal.

Thanks for the update, very encouraging to me, sounds like he is making great progress and working hard, an important part of the whole thing. No downside to me, sounds like it is even possible for him to bring in the big bucks early, and if not and he needs more time I think he can transfer and get a fifth year of eligibility elsewhere if necessary-----as long as it is a team UK doesn't play.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, very encouraging to me, sounds like he is making great progress and working hard, an important part of the whole thing. No downside to me, sounds like it is even possible for him to bring in the big bucks early, and if not and he needs more time I think he can transfer and get a fifth year of eligibility elsewhere if necessary-----as long as it is a team UK doesn't play.
Ha! Not a problem, anytime.

He is going to play a maximum of 4 years no matter where he is at. The rule is 5 years to play four.

Back to the subject of this thread that was hi jacked. If UK can not get the best kids out of Eastern Kentucky there is a problem with their recruiting. Losing two in a row that it really wants would be really bad. It would signal that just as in the past that UK can not get the very best recruits even in its own state. The fact that the past two happened to be from Eastern Kentucky which is a traditional hot bed of UK support would make this even worse than if they happened to be from Louisville or Western Kentucky.

My bad, I was confused by the new graduate transfer rule, didn't realize Russell redshirted as a freshman.

But I don't really consider the kid that went to Bama an Eastern Kentucky kid.

He is going to play a maximum of 4 years no matter where he is at. The rule is 5 years to play four.

Back to the subject of this thread that was hi jacked. If UK can not get the best kids out of Eastern Kentucky there is a problem with their recruiting. Losing two in a row that it really wants would be really bad. It would signal that just as in the past that UK can not get the very best recruits even in its own state. The fact that the past two happened to be from Eastern Kentucky which is a traditional hot bed of UK support would make this even worse than if they happened to be from Louisville or Western Kentucky.
Of course there's a problem with UK recruiting against the big boys: 31 games under .500 since 2002 & 18 under just the last three years. I submit signing him wouldn't be an issue were we +31 since 2002.

Of course there's a problem with UK recruiting against the big boys: 31 games under .500 since 2002 & 18 under just the last three years. I submit signing him wouldn't be an issue were we +31 since 2002.

This bring us to the problem faced by UK and a lot of other schools It is the old which comes first the chicken or the egg scenario. UK must win to get better players but has difficulty winning without better players.

IMO UK must get the very best recruits out of its own state before it can hope to start to get the better recruits from other states. IMO it is bad when recruits see that UK isn't able to get the very best even from its own state. Yes I understand that there is not a lot of SEC quality recruits in the state of Kentucky every year but I believe UK must somehow get the very best of what there is available.

If this coaching staff is going to succeed at UK and make it a competitive SEC team they are going to need to build teams of overachievers to win at first to get better recruits later. Redshirt a lot of players and let them mature to be ready by their Junior and Senior years.

I have noticed that a lot of your post are negative. You are very critical but never seem to have any suggestion on how to cure the problems. Get better players is not a solution. How do they get better players and how can they win without better players so they can get better? players? Suggestions anyone?

Reactions: *Bleedingblue*
C1180, you are completely underselling how well this staff has done to bring our in-state talent to UK. Stoops has signed or received verbals from Drew Barker, Matt Elam, Jason Hatcher, Ryan Timmons, Adrian Middleton, Eli Brown, Drake Jackson, Landon Young, Devonte Robinson, and Z'yaire Hughes. Yes, we missed on Harris but he admittedly grew up as a Michigan football fan. Even if we lose Kash this staff has still done an amazing job with keeping kids home.

Was told by a friend who lives in that part of the state that he is by NO means a certainty for UK and in fact that his dad is not a UK fan and they very well may take the best offer he gets if he likes it well enough...Thoughts?
Your friend is an idiot and probably thinks Paintsville is some backwoods hick community. Their is no other school in Johnson County but UK in support because all these Paintsville kids are raised right.

This kid is uk's all the way. His dream is to play for UK besides he would be run out of Paintsville if he went anywhere else.

I don't think kids give a damn what happened in 2002...they will look at Stoops' record and trajectory at UK and the players he has had drafted.

Most of the really good players think enough of themselves to feel like things will change when they step foot on campus anyways.

This bring us to the problem faced by UK and a lot of other schools It is the old which comes first the chicken or the egg scenario. UK must win to get better players but has difficulty winning without better players.

IMO UK must get the very best recruits out of its own state before it can hope to start to get the better recruits from other states. IMO it is bad when recruits see that UK isn't able to get the very best even from its own state. Yes I understand that there is not a lot of SEC quality recruits in the state of Kentucky every year but I believe UK must somehow get the very best of what there is available.
If we got only the very best players in KY every year, we'd get nowhere towards significantly improved teams . Getting an overall higher quality - as Stoops has done/is doing than the last 15 years anyway - regardless of from where is more important imo. And by doing that, odds of getting the best of the KY players improves as results are achieved. Let me know how this is negative.

I agree that Stoops has done a much better job of keeping instate talent than coaches had in the past but the truth is with there being so few of them he almost has to keep all of the very best ones . Especially the rare high four stars and five stars because they are not likely to get many of those types from out of state.

I do believe however evaluating and projecting 3 stars is what will get them on the right track to where they might be able to get some of those higher rated out of state players.

I have noticed that a lot of your post are negative. You are very critical but never seem to have any suggestion on how to cure the problems. Get better players is not a solution. How do they get better players and how can they win without better players so they can get better? players? Suggestions anyone?
You're making a quite gratuitous claim about my negativity without providing examples. Net, it's bs.

Why do I need any suggestions? Are you in charge of what others do? Now I admit that's negative.

I don't think kids give a damn what happened in 2002...they will look at Stoops' record and trajectory at UK and the players he has had drafted.

Most of the really good players think enough of themselves to feel like things will change when they step foot on campus anyways.
OK, just look at the last three years' records.

As far as Stoops' results, they are improved, but it will still take time for them to continue & sink in with recruits.

C1180, please critique for negativity.

If we got only the very best players in KY every year, we'd get nowhere towards significantly improved teams . Getting an overall higher quality - as Stoops has done/is doing than the last 15 years anyway - regardless of from where is more important imo. And by doing that, odds of getting the best of the KY players improves as results are achieved. Let me know how this is negative.

I would like to know where you got the Idea that I thought that UK should get only players from in state. That has been done before, was an epic failure, and is one of the leading causes of why UK has been a SEC door mat for way too many years. UK must recruit out of state. All I was suggesting is that it should be much easier to get the very best in state kids than the best out of state kids. IMO UK must get most of the 4 star, 5 star, and high 3 star in state kids. They then must recruit hard out of state where they are going against the home state schools and multiple other big boys of college football. Evaluation of players by the coaching staff then makes or breaks the football program since it is going to be difficult to get the better rated players to spurn their home schools and go out of state. They must first keep the big boys from taking the cream off the top of our instate players like has happened way too often in the past.

It is my understanding that this years crop of Football recruits from instate just might be the best crop in many years. Let hope the coaching staff can harvest them.

If this coaching staff is going to succeed at UK and make it a competitive SEC team they are going to need to build teams of overachievers to win at first to get better recruits later. Redshirt a lot of players and let them mature to be ready by their Junior and Senior years.

I would argue that Stoops and his staff are already succeeding at Kentucky. Some fans act like there is a dotted line at 6 wins every year. If we are under 6 wins, they reason that the coach is unsuccessful. But everything is relative. Given the downtrend in the program in 2011-12, and given where our roster stood in 2013, I give Stoops a lot of credit. He has recruited really well, and he came within a blown delay of game call and a dropped interception of going 7-5 in 2014. If you think about it, that's really amazing. Quality depth on our roster is far better than at any other time I can remember since the mid-1970s.

Your friend is an idiot and probably thinks Paintsville is some backwoods hick community. Their is no other school in Johnson County but UK in support because all these Paintsville kids are raised right.

This kid is uk's all the way. His dream is to play for UK besides he would be run out of Paintsville if he went anywhere else.
Really...because I have family that lives in Paintsville and a niece whose son played bb there...The info came from someone not in my family , but knows the Daniel's family and is also from Paintsville...

Really...because I have family that lives in Paintsville and a niece whose son played bb there...The info came from someone not in my family , but knows the Daniel's family and is also from Paintsville...
been reported by a lot of locals that dad is not a UK fan but mama is... as is kash. he wears UK gear to school. dont know if he is a lock for UK but i read where he said he grew up dreaming of playing for UK so we at least are the leader if only by a little. he calls drake jackson a friend and is also pretty familiar with a couple of our other recruits.

I think Miller and Tucky would be able substitutes if this son of the Commonwealth is a turncoat.
Easy Chump, the kid has the right to go wherever he wants, plus be careful or someone might report you to Matt Jones again.

I am with you 100% about recruiting your home state. On UGA's board I get railed because I have always said if we owned the state recruiting like we should we would dominate the SEC, maybe a little overboard. But Richt seemed to want to expand our recruiting footprint and let the state of Georgia go a little. Last year we signed 8 of the top 10 in state kids, but in 13, we signed 1 of the top 10, a recruiting disaster for me. But with so many other schools at the edge of their respective states and less than 30 minute drive to get to Georgia lots of areas have a very high percentage of fans of out of state schools. FSU and AU are less than 30 minutes from Georgia, UT is an hour and a half, UF less than an hour, same for Clemson and USC and Tech is in the middle of Atlanta. Bama is farther away but has 2 Georgia guys as their top recruiters in Kirby Smart and Billy Napier. Schools from all over the south have billboards in metro Atlanta promoting their schools. Add all of that to the state producing so many P5 and D1 players, we aren't going to sign all of them, but like you I think we should get the instate kids we are after. This year things look good instate and the state is loaded with DL this year, maybe best year ever for the position, 4 DT in Rivals top 100, but RB might be the weakest class I can remember in quite a few years, we usually always have at least 1 elite guy but not this year.

It's easy to use this argument but that's like someone from Alabama being upset that we took a stud bball player from their state. Yea, it's great to play for the home-state school but sometimes you simply can't pass up going to play for the best. I hope Kash ends up at UK, but I will never fault a KY kid who decides to pass playing for the state school in order to play at Bama or OSU. hard to argue otherwise.

If he wants to be here, cool. If he wants to go to Bama, cool. Heck, if he wants to go to Hawaii, cool. Just don't drag the staff along and play the interest card to get basketball tickets, or feel important. You want the perks of being a UK athlete, commit. Otherwise, say thanks but no thanks, and move along.

Congratulations to your son! If he is an early enrollee I'm not sure if he would lose any time if he redshirted this year. I don't think he would. Has he talked to the staff about red-shirting or are they really ready for him to knock some offensive backs on their a**. Best of luck and I hope he gets what he wants to do regarding his possibility of red-shirting. Thanks for sharing! GBB

ADVERTISEMENT