ADVERTISEMENT

Kash Daniel

It means he can start working out under Eric Korem and he can start learning the defensive schemes earlier. Plus he will get to participate in spring practices too. So basically he will get a head start and be better prepared once he hits the field for us.

Reactions: KYFAN502
It means he will be here for Spring practice and have nearly 6 month jump ahead of other freshmen.

It means he can start working out under Eric Korem and he can start learning the defensive schemes earlier. Plus he will get to participate in spring practices too. So basically he will get a head start and be better prepared once he hits the field for us.

^^^Right.^^^
Talk to Big George A A at Spring game said his "enrollment in December and work under coach Korem put me way ahead!" Young big man was a pleasure to talk with, very articulate! Hear now he is workaholic in weight room and strongest player on the team!

Reactions: BlueRattie

Well said!! Wish all new recruits could come early to a big start.

^^^Right.^^^
Talk to Big George A A at Spring game said his "enrollment in December and work under coach Korem put me way ahead!" Young big man was a pleasure to talk with, very articulate! Hear now he is workaholic in weight room and strongest player on the team!

Good point about George. There's a reason he's going to be able to help us as a true freshman this year. Much of it, obviously, is natural talent. But don't discount the fact that he enrolled early, essentially getting 1/2 of a redshirt year under his belt before he was able to vote. That gives him a HUGE advantage over other incoming freshmen and makes him a viable option on Saturdays almost immediately.

Will Daniel get the same benefit? Only time will tell. But the time will no doubt allow him to transform his body and get his mind around the playbook.

Drake and others will join him, as well as Jucos Ross and Leavitt. We will again have good solid additions in the spring. Not to mention M. Jones. This thing remains in the upswing!!

Reactions: DACats86
Wow, huge if it works out that way. If it does I won't be surprised at all if Kash plays and plays a lot as a true frosh in '16. Go get it young fellah!

Reactions: DACats86
Awesome news! We're gonna need some help at LB next year and he's just what the doctor ordered. It also shows how dedicated these guys are to turning things around. I love these Kentucky kids, they are talented and loyal. They want to be here to make this a great program. And they will! Just takes time

Even starting early, it will be a challenge to get on the field as a true freshman. There are a lot of guys ahead of him in the process right now. If he does make onto the field then he will be special. You can see with his attitude that he may possibly make it with plenty of hard time put in before the nxt season in 2016.
I've been told that he's already on a plan. He really wants on the field early.

Kash is gonna bust some heads here. Kid is for real, and has a great work ethic.

Even if he does not start early, he still could earn PT as a true FR. Could be a fun rotation at the ML spots with Daniel, Firios and Love.

In addition, he can potentially be back counted against the 2015 class and thus free up another scholarship for 2016.

As I understand the numbers however we will be limited by the 85 scholarship limit so nothing would be gained. Frequently back counting does free up a scholarship.

The kid is a legit SEC football player. He works his rear end off and is a pretty sharp cookie on the books. Glad to see him in Kentucky blue!

That's great,but I hope we can red shirt him. Jordan Jones, Firios, Love, Hendrix. We have a lot of young talent and now we should start letting what we can age as long as we can. he may be good,but that's not a desperate need position. Yeah, we could find some plays for him next year, but I'd rather start stock piling the fifth year seniors that special teams that win the division have.

Reactions: fuzz77
Whether he redshirts next year will depend on his ability to move in front of Firios and Hendrix on the depth chart. That's assuming that Love will be the starter.

Love firios hendrix and Jones are the only returning lbs next year correct? So he could play as a freshman if one of those guys don't showup big this fall.

Thought he was gonna be outside. Oh well, Kash might be rs'ing regardless then. Still be nice to get him 2 spring practices in before he hits the field and is playing a ton.

I really like this kid's attitude on the football field. I think he will a big part of the UK defense in the coming years. Throw in that he is Kentucky boy, it really doesn't get better than that. Getting all of the top Kentucky players should continue to be a priority as is getting top Ohio players. Ohio State proved you can build a top team on Ohio talent.

That's great,but I hope we can red shirt him. Jordan Jones, Firios, Love, Hendrix. We have a lot of young talent and now we should start letting what we can age as long as we can. he may be good,but that's not a desperate need position. Yeah, we could find some plays for him next year, but I'd rather start stock piling the fifth year seniors that special teams that win the division have.

Right On. We need 5th year seniors.

Although I like being able to redshirt kids to build future depth (something UK has always lacked), if the kid is good enough to play and more importantly earns it as a true freshman, then let him play.

Although I like being able to redshirt kids to build future depth (something UK has always lacked), if the kid is good enough to play and more importantly earns it as a true freshman, then let him play.

This. There is a big difference between playing as a true freshman out of necessity and playing as a true freshman because you are that good that you earned it. We are starting to get to the point where the only freshman not red shirted is because they are that good. Not because the returning players are that bad.

Reactions: RV2
ADVERTISEMENT