ADVERTISEMENT

Kash Daniel to Announce

He said he wanted it out of the way before his senior year and season. I think UK is in a good position. Just hope he chooses to be a Cat.

I only see this as a good thing. The longer it drags out and more big boys come calling the worse for UK. Gotta think his top 4 will be UK, UofL, USC and Purdue.

I only see this as a good thing. The longer it drags out and more big boys come calling the worse for UK. Gotta think his top 4 will be UK, UofL, USC and Purdue.

Agree completely. Sounds like his mind is already 95% made up, just wants to go through the process and make sure. Cant imagine its anyone other than UK at this point. If he starts pushing back the date, could be trouble.

I'm not sure an early commitment is a good thing, I, for one, think UK will look a lot more attractive after the season is over.

Hearing his comments about UL, why so much optimism for UK? He said that he wasn't a rabid UK fan and he said that UL was very 'family like.' Admitted he had attended a few UK games but made it sound like it was more of something to do rather than being a rabid fan.

Originally it was thought he was a huge fan because his mom is and he sometimes wears UK attire. He also said he would make the best decision for himself and not be influenced by his hometown.

Why did his tone seem to suggest he was trying to put some distance from UK? Intentionally building up UK's most hated rival seems a little odd. On the surface it doesn't seem anything near a slam dunk decision.

According to his Twitter announcement, for what it's worth, looks like his girlfriend is coming to UK.

Hearing his comments about UL, why so much optimism for UK? He said that he wasn't a rabid UK fan and he said that UL was very 'family like.' Admitted he had attended a few UK games but made it sound like it was more of something to do rather than being a rabid fan.

Originally it was thought he was a huge fan because his mom is and he sometimes wears UK attire. He also said he would make the best decision for himself and not be influenced by his hometown.

Why did his tone seem to suggest he was trying to put some distance from UK? Intentionally building up UK's most hated rival seems a little odd. On the surface it doesn't seem anything near a slam dunk decision.
maybe he is just a respectful young man and klenakis has been very straight and engaging with him and he's just showing due respect... dont get me wrong i think he could very well end up going there but i think we got more going for us than just eastern KY roots. for the record in one of those interviews he said petrino was a really good guy... that has never been said by anyone... even ul fans that like him agree that he's not that personable and is pretty much an ass. he may want to play for a national title and he may not believe in UK and stoops in that regard and that is why i'd see him going elsewhere. if our staff can sell him on us becoming a winner... i think he's a cat.

If Tucky or another high 3* or 4* wants to commit you accept and move on. Please no more of this putting all your eggs in one basket.

If Tucky or another high 3* or 4* wants to commit you accept and move on. Please no more of this putting all your eggs in one basket.
i think if we get tucky that we would still save room for kash. but if you get 2 then i think you gotta take them and run. i can see us taking 3 in this class since jones may not rs and 1 of these ilb'ers in this class could play as freshman but i dont see how we could take more than 3. i really like walders tape and think he's gonna be good one here.

What is weird is that when Petrino was hired he wasn't going to be able to recruit anybody because of his past , but that hasn't seemed to matter much so far...Why ?...Because these kids could care less about that stuff even if you and I think he is the biggest dirtbag and scum on the earth:angry::sunglasses:

What is weird is that when Petrino was hired he wasn't going to be able to recruit anybody because of his past , but that hasn't seemed to matter much so far...Why ?...Because these kids could care less about that stuff even if you and I think he is the biggest dirtbag and scum on the earth:angry::sunglasses:
Yeah, even when Petrino left Western there was some talk from those people that overall the Western players didn't care for the way Petrino was as a person.

And how could anyone with a name Tucky not come here?

Yeah, even when Petrino left Western there was some talk from those people that overall the Western players didn't care for the way Petrino was as a person.

And how could anyone with a name Tucky not come here?
But he wins football games and that is what Jurich and ul fan base KNEW they were getting...All else can be over looked...

A guy I talked to that is close to his family said UL wants him to play offense and he's pretty set on playing D in college. And surprisingly quiet a few of his big offers are for TE. I think we are in good shape here.

A guy I talked to that is close to his family said UL wants him to play offense and he's pretty set on playing D in college. And surprisingly quiet a few of his big offers are for TE. I think we are in good shape here.
That is surprising. His running ability and aggression on tackles is what seems to set him apart. What part of him do they not like at linebacker?

^ It's not that they don't like his D or ability on that side of the ball. They really love his speed for his size and supposedly he has really nice hands. A lot of the schools recruiting him see him as a TE.

That is interesting. It seems like a lot of times, the kids want to be given their shot on the offensive side of the ball first. Then only go to defense if that fails. If what you are saying is true, and I have no reason to think it is not, then this kid may already know where his best chance to play for money is. His size and speed make him a good candidate to come in and get some early playing time.
Looking to be building some solid depth across our whole LB corps.

We only got 1 ilb last year. Even if he isn't fully ready to play he's gonna get some snaps as a rs freshman and will play a lot his sophomore year

We only got 1 ilb last year. Even if he isn't fully ready to play he's gonna get some snaps as a rs freshman and will play a lot his sophomore year

Firios is going to need to get lots of PT this season. With Forrest, Henderson, and Flannigan leaving after this year, it will be Firios, Hendrix, and Love (if he gets his waver and plays this year) as our experienced LBs.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding...but last year we had Jones a big time get and Allen who some say is a big time sleeper get...along with Brown

If I recall correctly Jones started school in January and was in Spring drills.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding...but last year we had Jones a big time get and Allen who some say is a big time sleeper get...along with Brown

If I recall correctly Jones started school in January and was in Spring drills.

OH you said Inside LB my bad

This kid looks like the dictionary definition of "sleeper prospect"...i.e., legitimate sleeper prospect. I will be surprised if he does not go to UK but that opinion is based solely on the fact UofL has traditionally had difficulty attracting players from out in the state. It happens sometimes but, more often than not, most out-in-state kids grow up UK fans and that is a hard thing for UofL to overcome if UK is interested. However, this young man seems to be something of an "independent thinker" and is going to do what he thinks is best for him, not what fans think is best for him. That said, by all accounts, he has apparently enjoyed his visits to UofL and they seem to be very much in the hunt.

FWIW, I have heard no back stories about "how hard" UofL is recruiting him or at what position they are projecting him. However, he was the #3 LB at a the Rivals Charlotte camp coming in "behind" two highly recruited 4* prospects. His size plus the camp report (i.e., very good in coverage) makes me think he is LB in college. In today's game you just gotta have (some) LBs that can cover as well as tackle.

Peace

Big Erroll Thompson himself, a 6-2 250 inside linebacker, set to announce in a week or two. Can we beat Alabama, MS ST, and Michigan? IF we do, can Daniel go OLB?

Big Erroll Thompson himself, a 6-2 250 inside linebacker, set to announce in a week or two. Can we beat Alabama, MS ST, and Michigan? IF we do, can Daniel go OLB?

I'd say so. He has more than enough speed to do so. Alabama will likely be Thompson's decision though.

I personally prefer that UK doesn't try to throw its co-eds at recruits. I know I wouldn't have wanted that done to my daughters when they were in college. I prefer that UK doesn't have a blue version of the orange call girls of UT.

ADVERTISEMENT