ADVERTISEMENT

Kash Daniel on Tom Leach Radio Show This Morning

Mar 4, 2003
Manchester KY
Kash Daniel was on Tom Leach's radio show this morning and he said he wasn't taking anymore visits and had already made his mind up as to where he will be playing college football after only visiting UK and South Carolina . He said he loved both visits and especially the visit to Lexington where he spent most of it with Coach Elliot and hanging out with good friends Chase Jackson and Landon Young. Hopefully these guys have convinced him that his best decision would be to become a Wildcat and join them in 2016 in what would be another great recruiting class for Coach Stoops and staff and probably their best. Seemed like a very intelligent well rounded young man who cares a lot for his community and state. Tom said as much !!! Go Big Blue !!!

Put on that blue, and come play for your home state school Kash. Help build something special and be a hero. It's a decision that you will never regret. You will always be taken care of if you choose Kentucky. Would love too see Kash become a Wildcat. Some of the other schools want him but Kentucky needs him.

Reactions: Bleed Blue 2
You can interpret this either way. Maybe Spurrier sold him on South Carolina. But I think his friendships with Drake Jackson and Landon Young are the clue to what will happen on 7/4. I think those 3 have bought into what Stoops is telling them. Spurrier wasn't able to lure Drew Barker away from Kentucky in 2014, and they don't call Columbia the Death Valley of the east for nothing.

Kash Daniel was on Tom Leach's radio show this morning and he said he wasn't taking anymore visits and had already made his mind up as to where he will be playing college football after only visiting UK and South Carolina . He said he loved both visits and especially the visit to Lexington where he spent most of it with Coach Elliot and hanging out with good friends Chase Jackson and Landon Young. Hopefully these guys have convinced him that his best decision would be to become a Wildcat and join them in 2016 in what would be another great recruiting class for Coach Stoops and staff and probably their best. Seemed like a very intelligent well rounded young man who cares a lot for his community and state. Tom said as much !!! Go Big Blue !!!

If he's made up his mind why wait another 3 weeks to announce?

Just guessing, but don't think this looks good for UK
1) He just went to USCjr and now immediately has cancelled his visits. Could this be the mythical "silent verbal"?
2) He's announcing on a holiday....seems like when "bad news" is announced it's typically done on holiday weekends to avoid backlash.

Regardless, wish Kash the best!

Also, Stoops et al started to back off Tucky about a month or so ago......about the time when Daniel was really heating up big time. Does this correspond?......Perhaps.....we'll just have to see.

Spurrier may have worked some magic but I just don't see it. UK is on an upswing and USCjr has probably peaked under the Ole Ball Coach. If they have another rough year this year, he very well could retire. The Columbia campus is not very impressive compared to UK, imo. UK has about $5 billion in projects on the books. Just drive by the hospital, new dorms and athletic facilities. Its like a boom town. Most importantly, I know some of the UK coaches and they are very invested in Stoops and his vision of UK football. Just talking to them, they get so wound up that I feel like they recruiting me.

Death Valley of the East is at Clemson, not Columbia. Cmon guy.
True and unrelated. Death Valley is what the Clemson folks call their football stadium. But Columbia is called the Death Valley of the east by its inhabitants because of the extreme summer weather there.

Also, Stoops et al started to back off Tucky about a month or so ago......about the time when Daniel was really heating up big time. Does this correspond?......Perhaps.....we'll just have to see.
I think it does correspond, and I also think it gives us a clue. On its own, Stoops wouldn't have backed off Tucky just because Daniel heated up. He backed off Tucky because he believed he will actually be able to sign Daniel, which is a little bit different. Daniel must have said something to Stoops that made Stoops confident about Daniel's decision. At least, I hope so.

What concerns me is the Brunson kid from South Carolina wanted to go to USC but didn't have a comittable offer, then right after Daniel visits USC Brunson says he's done with South Carolina and wants to leave the state and mentions UK and UofL as his top choices. I just don't like the way those dominos stack up.

However if we miss on Daniel and pick up Brunson I'll be OK as I think he is a quality player himself though not as highly rated.

Sounds like a done deal for UK to me. I was most worried about Florida, the fact that he just cancelled that visit tells me his is solid. I believe the SC trip just confirmed what he was thinking. Would be absolutely shocked if he picked SC now.

Reactions: wildcatglenn
Sounds like a done deal for UK to me. I was most worried about Florida, the fact that he just cancelled that visit tells me his is solid. I believe the SC trip just confirmed what he was thinking. Would be absolutely shocked if he picked SC now.
He is a KY kid and grew up loving the Cats. He needed to see what else there was out there in terms of the vibe and he takes the SC visit and he knew. Kid is going to be a winner.

my heart says that.... as much as kash talks about wanting to be the best that ever came out of paintsville and wanting to represent that part of the state and that getting an offer from UK meant alot and he wanted to get exposure for eastern KY.... i have to think that being a part of the best class in UK history with a chance to make some noise in the east the next few years... i think its a good sell for us. i mean, this is one of the best in state classes we've had and i dont see how he wouldn't want to be a part of that and help bring exposure to the state.

plus, we very well could be where usc is either this year or next. spurrier is getting old to the point were he's not the same coach he was. that staff has had problems the last 2 years. i agree kash is not gonna make or break the program but i'd love to keep a kid with his ability in state and if we dont i just hope we get a high level kid to fill that spot.

I don't know much about USC recruiting, but I haven't heard anyone say they felt it was a family atmosphere under Spurrier. Kash said that was something that was very important to him, so he probably took that visit just to compare it to UK

Reactions: BigBoyBlueMMA
Listening to him on the Leach Report I have to say I feel good about UK. With that said I felt good about Damien Harris too so what do I know. :grimace:

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
I don't know much about USC recruiting, but I haven't heard anyone say they felt it was a family atmosphere under Spurrier. Kash said that was something that was very important to him, so he probably took that visit just to compare it to UK

On a South Carolina site, they were saying that the staff had no idea which way he was headed.

Listening to him on the Leach Report I have to say I feel good about UK. With that said I felt good about Damien Harris too so what do I know. :grimace:
At least he isn't waiting till the last minute to announce, like Harris.

If we get both Kash Daniel, as well as TJ Brunson, that would be a nice gift.
Kash Daniel alone though, and I'm still very, very content. I believe he will pick UK based on his "I'll pick what feels like home" comment. Hard to beat a place that's actually home, with your friends, and which you have a rather close connection to the staff based on the reports.
Count me in the camp of people who believe that the USCjr. visit was for comparison. I feel like, while he probably enjoyed himself down there, being down in Columbia didn't compare to being in his ol' Kentucky home with his buddies, surrounded by home-state fans who really want him at UK.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
I'm thinking UK told him we have other options & if he waited till August he could be odd man out.

He said the school he chose felt like his "home away from home". That worries me.

Want him in Blue. I still think he chooses Blue. But this made me pause...
8nJklZg4_bigger.jpg
Kash Daniel 1⃣5⃣‏@KashDaniel15 Jun 13

Had a blast today at South Carolina! Can't wait to come back! #WeCocky
1f413.png
1f3c8.png

He said the school he chose felt like his "home away from home". That worries me.

Paintsville isn't exactly close to Lexington, but it's much, much closer than Columbia, SC. There are also more things in Lexington that would make him feel at home that he's mentioned already.

Want him in Blue. I still think he chooses Blue. But this made me pause...
8nJklZg4_bigger.jpg
Kash Daniel 1⃣5⃣‏@KashDaniel15 Jun 13

Had a blast today at South Carolina! Can't wait to come back! #WeCocky
1f413.png
1f3c8.png

I just hope one of those southern belles didn't get their hooks in him while he was down there. Does USC have a call girl ring similar to UT.

Kind of a strange recruitment. On the surface you would have to love UK's position. But then football people cast doubt on that; the comments from Maggard and also Chris Fisher on TOS feeling it isnt good. Whatever happens we will know quickly.

Yeah I saw that and got the same feeling you did. However that statement is vague enough to fit either school.

Just guessing, but don't think this looks good for UK
1) He just went to USCjr and now immediately has cancelled his visits. Could this be the mythical "silent verbal"?
2) He's announcing on a holiday....seems like when "bad news" is announced it's typically done on holiday weekends to avoid backlash.

Regardless, wish Kash the best!

Not sure why you have this mindset. How many top prospects (especially from Ky) have picked South Carolina over UK since Stoops has been here? None, that I can recall.

Stoops has been pretty much lights out with Kentucky high school players. It's not like we're going up against Alabama or LSU..it's South Carolina...they're a solid program, but it's not like it's some super attractive offer like one from Alabama or Auburn that would be impossible for him to turn down.

How much distance is between the two programs right now? We beat them last year, and should've beat them in their own backyard the year before that.

The Kentucky program is a lot more attractive to recruits than many of our "fans" want to give it credit for. If it weren't, we wouldn't be beating out Alabama and Ohio State for multiple recruits in every single recruiting class for the last 3 years.

Reactions: Bigbluediddy63
Not that choosing south Carolina over Kentucky is out if the question. But canceling the other trips seems telling. What's the more likely scenario.

Wow,Columbia South Carolina is awesome. I'm so impressed with the football tradition and pretty girls. I don't need to visit Ohio state or Florida because I've never heard of them having that there.

Or

Ugh, Columbia South Carolina is alright, I guess. But I don't know anyone here. And now I realize stepping on this field in front of a bunch of strangers without my family doesn't interest me. Don't need to visit Ohio State and Florida, because it won't feel any different there.

Not that choosing south Carolina over Kentucky is out if the question. But canceling the other trips seems telling. What's the more likely scenario.

Wow,Columbia South Carolina is awesome. I'm so impressed with the football tradition and pretty girls. I don't need to visit Ohio state or Florida because I've never heard of them having that there.

Or

Ugh, Columbia South Carolina is alright, I guess. But I don't know anyone here. And now I realize stepping on this field in front of a bunch of strangers without my family doesn't interest me. Don't need to visit Ohio State and Florida, because it won't feel any different there.
That's what I was thinking. Plus. Anyone remember the picture of his girlfriend? She is supposedly going to UK and was prettier than 3 girls from sc. Also. His cousin is at eastern. People say the family is upset he didn't get a UK offer but sc didn't offer him either. So that's one family member 30 minutes away.

Or

Or

This was my take as well. If he liked South Carolina better than KY, why not go on down to Florida and check that out? He might like it better than SC or KY. My only fear is that you just can't really predict what a teenager is thinking.

One of my best friends is from Paintsville, he told me today that UK has a slight lead right now, but Kash is actually a huge UT football fan, but they never offered. Basically we just have to hope Tennessee doesnt come after him even after he makes his commitment because he would likely go there. Now that would make me sick. Cant stand UT

One of my best friends is from Paintsville, he told me today that UK has a slight lead right now, but Kash is actually a huge UT football fan, but they never offered. Basically we just have to hope Tennessee doesnt come after him even after he makes his commitment because he would likely go there. Now that would make me sick. Cant stand UT

BS. Take a whip to your "friend."

This kid was UKs the day they offered. He is no Harris cause he was raised right. Kids from paintsville who are offered by UK go to UK.

End of story.

ADVERTISEMENT