ADVERTISEMENT

Karl Towns - 2014 HoopHall

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
Karl Towns - St. Joseph (Met.) H. S. [/B](Metuchen, NJ) - Jan. 19; Committed to Kentucky - Lost to DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, MD) 73-45; 7'-1", 248 lbs, C, ranked #7 in class of 2014 - 9-12 FG; 1-2 3-Pt; 2-2 FT; 21 Pts; 9 Reb; 3 PF; 1 A; 4 TO; 3 Blk; 2 Stl; in 32 minutes. Much like Anthony Davis' and Julius Randle's high school teams, Karl does not have much of a supporting cast, which looked like 4 guards. I have heard he is not afraid to shoot the 3, but only shot 2 of them today. Rivals is listing him as a C, but from what I hear I would expect to see him at the 4, maybe some 3. Don't let that 7'-1" frame pencil him in as a center. He has a certain joy about him when he is on the court, much like Zona's Nick Johnson. Got the chance to talk to his mom, Jackie, for about 15 minutes and she was wonderful to talk to. I think our UK crowd will come to love his personality. Karl definitely needs to hit the weights and increase his strength. Played the entire game, but showed signs of being tired at times. When he runs the court it looks more like he is loping instead of sprinting. DeMatha is big and bulky inside, and they blocked several of Karl's attempts to take it to the hole. Be patient and give him until January before telling Cal what to do with him.[/B]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT