ADVERTISEMENT

Karl-Anthony Towns already working hard

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
It took one day after the draft for KAT to become a fan favorite for Minnesota. How did he spend his Friday night just one day after the draft you wonder? He was in the training facility at midnight putting in work.
Excited to see his career take off. He deserves it. One of the most determined, kindhearted kids that there is. With his work ethic and talent, he may very well be considered one of the greats by the end of his career. Cheers to watching this young man fulfill his dream, and become great in the process!

Already involved in the community as well.

karltowns: Had an awesome time today at @cookiecart1. So blessed to be with a organization that not only helps me be part of the community but supports all the community work I do. Blessed to be a @mntimberwolves.

The Minnesota fans all love him, based on the comments made on their fan forums. Glad to see him go to a city welcoming him with such open arms, and a place that he genuinely wants to be in. He's come a long way.

Yes, he will have a great NBA career, will most likely play in All-Star games in the future.

ESPN and specifically Seth Greenberg didn't hesitate to heap praise and expectations on him. If you haven't see this short video, help yourself to it.

I'm actually disappointed that Cal pulled the plug on Towns shooting 3s so early. Every video I see is him cashing threes with an incredible stroke.

This dude is going to be a superstar. Anthony Davis level superstar.

I'm actually disappointed that Cal pulled the plug on Towns shooting 3s so early. Every video I see is him cashing threes with an incredible stroke.

I disagree with this.

One of the weakness he had coming in was that he didn't have inside game and plays soft. If it wasn't for KAT's and his post play, we would have lost in elite eight.

People forget who KAT was at the beginning of the season. His interior game wasn't that great, and he missed a lot of bunny shot. By the tourney time he was bucket from the post. Which is why he was picked first.

Had Coach Cal had more time with him, you would have seen his game spread out more, but it's not that easy polished one's skill. It takes time and a lot of repetition in game and outside game.

Remember, one of our biggest weakness also was rebounding. KAT playing the post like a post player helped resolve that issue, but unfortunately we didn't rebound well at all against ND or Wisconsin, one resulted in a loss. If KAT didn't evolve more into the post player that he became, we wouldn't be so great last year.

Yes, I know all that and who he was when he came in. I'm not saying he should only hang out on the perimeter, but running some set plays for him to get some shots or being out on the perimeter here and there would have opened up the floor for Andrew Harrison to drive to the bucket. It would have opened up the floor so much and you could still get tons of touches to him in the post as well.

Yes, I know all that and who he was when he came in. I'm not saying he should only hang out on the perimeter, but running some set plays for him to get some shots or being out on the perimeter here and there would have opened up the floor for Andrew Harrison to drive to the bucket. It would have opened up the floor so much and you could still get tons of touches to him in the post as well.
I love this kids personality and his I.Q. He always knows the right thing to say.

He is definitely a very likeable young man. Hope he has a hall of fame type career.

ADVERTISEMENT