ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs Turkey on ESPNU

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
Is this Kansas team the same exact Kansas team we are playing in January? Or is this Kansas team made up of former players and some borrowed players from other teams?

Only players who are US citizens. No Mykhailiuk or Diallo. I believe they were missing Devonte Graham to injury too. Carlton Bragg played with a mask for broken nose.

Only players who are US citizens. No Mykhailiuk or Diallo. I believe they were missing Devonte Graham to injury too. Carlton Bragg played with a mask for broken nose.

And Brannen Greene is out with injury as well. To replace Graham, they added Julian DeBose who is a combo guard from Florida Gulf Coast.

Any KU fans saying their competition is tougher than UK's summer trip last season? Probably.

Yeah, this would be fun if it was UK...not even going to lie. Then again we would not have Murray so once again it would be a trip without our full team.

Yeah, this would be fun if it was UK...not even going to lie. Then again we would not have Murray so once again it would be a trip without our full team.

Agreed, but trying to pass this off as a USA team is a bit of a stretch to me.

Team is made up 100% of kids born in the USA and you cannot get behind them as a USA team? WOW.

Gwangju, South Korea — The Kansas University men's basketball team had a new look when it represented the United States in a 81-72 victory against Brazil in the World University Games on Sunday.

After FIBA requested that the jersey put "USA" in a bigger role, the Jayhawks put a red patch with a white outline for the letters "USA" across the front of their blue jerseys.

"FIBA asked us to enhance 'USA' on our jerseys and we gladly did it," Sean Lester, KU Deputy Athletics Director said.

If the Jayhawks didn't change their jerseys, they could have been forced to forfeit games by rule. The team wore red "Kansas basketball" t-shirts in warmups with a Jayhawk logo below it, but were told to remove the shirts because they didn't say "USA." After retreating to the locker room, the Jayhawks wore their game jerseys for the final 30 minutes of their warmup.

"It was obviously something that was told that we had to do, which is fine," KU coach Bill Self said. "Even though we were given the clearance that our uniforms were good when went through the whole process earlier. I think it’s fine that we have USA on there. And we should. This is a USA event. It’s not a Kansas event, even though we’re representing the school.

Gwangju, South Korea — The Kansas University men's basketball team had a new look when it represented the United States in a 81-72 victory against Brazil in the World University Games on Sunday.

After FIBA requested that the jersey put "USA" in a bigger role, the Jayhawks put a red patch with a white outline for the letters "USA" across the front of their blue jerseys.

"FIBA asked us to enhance 'USA' on our jerseys and we gladly did it," Sean Lester, KU Deputy Athletics Director said.

If the Jayhawks didn't change their jerseys, they could have been forced to forfeit games by rule. The team wore red "Kansas basketball" t-shirts in warmups with a Jayhawk logo below it, but were told to remove the shirts because they didn't say "USA." After retreating to the locker room, the Jayhawks wore their game jerseys for the final 30 minutes of their warmup.

"It was obviously something that was told that we had to do, which is fine," KU coach Bill Self said. "Even though we were given the clearance that our uniforms were good when went through the whole process earlier. I think it’s fine that we have USA on there. And we should. This is a USA event. It’s not a Kansas event, even though we’re representing the school.

I don't get your point? Kids are representing the USA in this event and are 100% born and bred US citizens, yet you can't get behind them and support your country in this event? That's un-American.

For the record, USA basketball is not sponsoring the men's squad, so KU is flipping the bill.

I don't get your point? Kids are representing the USA in this event and are 100% born and bred US citizens, yet you can't get behind them and support your country in this event? That's un-American.

For the record, USA basketball is not sponsoring the men's squad, so KU is flipping the bill.

un-murican!!!!![roll]

In April 2014, the Kansas basketball team was selected by the United States International University Sports Federation (US-IUSF) to represent the United States in the World University Games. Kansas was selected as the team to represent the U.S. from the schools that expressed interest.

You're either for us or a terrorist. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This post was edited by the TSA, CIA, FBI, and CNN. Preacherfan is now in custody and being deported to Iran unless he receives a full Presidential pardon, which might not be that difficult under the current administration.

Last edited:
KU can't do anything right. Wear the right jersey, make the second week of the tournament...

ADVERTISEMENT