ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas players at the scene of the crime

They’re witnesses supporting the defendant, so who knows…
Exactly.

I think KU is a dirty program full of punks and has been for a long time, but the number of people rushing to convict Shannon in this thread just because he was at a party at KU is depressing, from a legal standpoint. I hope none of you ever serve on a jury. Jesus.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Exactly.

I think KU is a dirty program full of punks and has been for a long time, but the number of people rushing to convict Shannon in this thread just because he was at a party at KU is depressing, from a legal standpoint. I hope none of you ever serve on a jury. Jesus.
I've never seen Americans so eager to give up their freedoms as some of the ones in this thread. The founding of our country was based on the idea of the very freedoms these morons are so eager to just hand over. One poster was even fine with his own son being forced to put his life on hold for an accusation. And that was even after he acknowledged how slow our criminal court system operates. I honestly wonder how his son feels about that.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Lagerald Vick. Sherron Collins. Carlton Bragg. Josh Jackson. Arterio Morris. Silvio DeSousa. Plenty of reason that at least the Bill Self version of the program should be shut down, mostly for the safety of women on campus but also any men who happen to be in a Lawrence bar and want to keep two eyes, in DeSousa's case.

Who recruits a kid already charged with battering his girlfriend, and brings him to campus just long enough so a young woman can get raped there? Bill Self, that's who. An absolute disgrace. If I were the girl's father I'd sue Self for endangering my daughter.

https://www2.kusports.com/news/2021/may/04/silvio-de-sousa-ordered-stand-trial-aggravated-bat/
I do find it weird that it happened at Kansas campus, it has happened with their players quite a bit. Even though this time it didn’t, off all places to happen.

I've never seen Americans so eager to give up their freedoms as some of the ones in this thread. The founding of our country was based on the idea of the very freedoms these morons are so eager to just hand over. One poster was even fine with his own son being forced to put his life on hold for an accusation. And that was even after he acknowledged how slow our criminal court system operates. I honestly wonder how his son feels about that.
I’m not to happy that he’s playing but I’d rather this than him being convicted before any evidence is out or a trial.

The situations you described remove the suspect from being able to harm potential victims. I don't think suspending him from men's basketball games protects a female victim in Lawrence, KS....like, at all! So, how is that relevant?

So, he should he forced to put his life on hold for something that may not even be true? Time that he can never recover. That opens a hell of a lot of opportunity for abuse by anyone looking to seek revenge or force someone out of a game. Imagine us making the F4 and someone coming out and saying Reed, Reeves, Rob or someone assaulted them. Should they be forced to sit out when nothing has been proven? Forced to miss an opportunity they may never get again?

A worker in a daycare can return to work afterwards if innocent. A worker in a company can return if found innocent of embezzlement. A police officer can return to work when cleared. If Shannon sits, he can never get that opportunity back if innocent. Not that I agree with those people being punished without due process either.

I guess due process just means squat anymore.

I didn't really think of this argument. Good points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT