ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas Diallo Still Not Cleared by NCAA

To be fair Kansas fans were questioning his eligibility when it looked like he might go elsewhere. Looks like they were right.

Reactions: UK till Death
I'm gonna assume he will be eligible. If he's not though, our game there should get a bit easier. I think barring injury, with Murray and some frontcourt depth now, we have a great chance of getting out of there with a W.

I don't wish this on Diallo at all, but at the same time I would enjoy the anguish KU fans would suffer.

Agreed. I would also say that if he went to a diploma mill (similar to UNC) then he deserves what he gets. It sure sounds like the NCAA is thinking the school isn't legit.

Dang...Cal is good. Even when he's not, he IS.

This. May have dodged another bullet, because I'm 100% sure he'd have taken Diallo... we don't have to go OTIS fan and pretend we pulled an offer, we just missed. But like you said, Cal wins when he loses more than anyone I've ever seen.

Cal would get turned down by Gisele and suddenly Kate Upton would fall into his lap.

Reactions: Nubb16
I am blown away by this. I wanted Diallo bad too. Wondering how much of this is because of the name on the front instead of the name on the back? Which is hilarious. How many rival fans have criticized us for Cal being "Dirty"? I mean UofL players being kicked off the team constantly, UNC's many atrocities and now it seems that KU has a dark cloud over it. Yet in the time Cal has been here we've been squeaky clean... Not saying something won't pop up (They are just kids after all) but the Irony isn't lost on me.

We don't have to do anything. He is or he isn't. Not a thing "we" can do about it....I don't think anyway. You may have some clout...

Just don't like seeing people happy that a kid could be ineligible especially when UK......is that better.......could have issues of their own

Just don't like seeing people happy that a kid could be ineligible especially when UK......is that better.......could have issues of their own
I don't think anybody would be happy if he would be ruled ineligible, at least I wouldn't. You never want to see a kid's future in jeopardy, especially if he didn't do anything in particular to deserve it. Now, if he took money, or didn't attend class and the school gave him grades to pass, then that is a different story. But if he did everything the school asked of him, and the school is shady in some way, then that would suck for him.

I think some on here would take delight that it is KU though as they constantly give us sh*t about Cal being dirty and cheating. I would say it is more geared towards that rather than the actual player.

Slightly off-topic here, and this Diallo thing isn't a huge deal in and of itself, but I would love to know just how much media ass Bill Self kisses (and why they all seem to buy into it). He must be the most epic suck-up in the history of the planet. Because no one, ever, seems to hold him to any kind of standard. With just about anything. His players act like idiots, there's a whole bunch of hinkiness with his recruiting, he bombs out of the NCAA Tournament on a shockingly consistent basis, and all of it just seems to slide right off him.

People talk about how slick Cal is, but there's a glaring spotlight on every thing he's ever done, does, or will do. If some of the things that have happened at Kansas happened at UK, there'd be some kind of national referendum on Cal's sleaziness. If Cal had Wiggins and Embiid, and managed to lose 10 games and bow out in the 2nd round of the tourney, 5 different national media guys would take the opportunity to blast him as a 2 bit salesman with no actual coaching ability. Self just smiles his fake smile, with his fake hair, and continues to bask in all the praise that's thrown his way.

I don't get it.

I don't think anybody would be happy if he would be ruled ineligible, at least I wouldn't. You never want to see a kid's future in jeopardy, especially if he didn't do anything in particular to deserve it. Now, if he took money, or didn't attend class and the school gave him grades to pass, then that is a different story. But if he did everything the school asked of him, and the school is shady in some way, then that would suck for him.

I think some on here would take delight that it is KU though as they constantly give us sh*t about Cal being dirty and cheating. I would say it is more geared towards that rather than the actual player.

That's exactly it for me. I have nothing against Diallo (even when he spurned us) I'm sure he is a good kid, and so from that perspective I hope he has a great college career. However I hope all of KU's top recruits are shrouded in scandal and thus bring nothing but distraction to their program. Most of their fans that I have had interactions with deserve that.

Slightly off-topic here, and this Diallo thing isn't a huge deal in and of itself, but I would love to know just how much media ass Bill Self kisses (and why they all seem to buy into it). He must be the most epic suck-up in the history of the planet. Because no one, ever, seems to hold him to any kind of standard. With just about anything. His players act like idiots, there's a whole bunch of hinkiness with his recruiting, he bombs out of the NCAA Tournament on a shockingly consistent basis, and all of it just seems to slide right off him.

People talk about how slick Cal is, but there's a glaring spotlight on every thing he's ever done, does, or will do. If some of the things that have happened at Kansas happened at UK, there'd be some kind of national referendum on Cal's sleaziness. If Cal had Wiggins and Embiid, and managed to lose 10 games and bow out in the 2nd round of the tourney, 5 different national media guys would take the opportunity to blast him as a 2 bit salesman with no actual coaching ability. Self just smiles his fake smile, with his fake hair, and continues to bask in all the praise that's thrown his way.

I don't get it.

I agree that the media does give Self a huge pass...BUT why does that mean Self is a bad guy with a fake smile? Being good with the media is a skill. Of course, it's beneficial. That doesn't mean Self is sneaky or fake. Maybe he's just a really good guy.

Well look at it this way he won't miss anything after the first weekend of the NCAA, he will be packed and gone as Kansas leaves early again , but Self's a great coach , Oh yes much better that Cal LOL !!!

KU is as shady as it gets.

players taking money
stabbings
fights
sexual assaults
DUIs
grade changes
aau million dollar ticket scam
shoe deals
playing ineligible players

but Cal is the bad one.

Coaches getting arrested for drugs...

Geez, give us a break. You have been around since 2002 and you cannot tell the difference between jabs at a rival and a kid?

Nobody is wishing harm to a kid's career, although in his case he will still get drafted and be a millionaire.

This is all about Kansas, lighten up Francis.

Reactions: Bkocats and jarms24

I'm not happy this kid could have his future jeopardized. I wouldn't think any sane fan would but I think we are a little happy that eligibility issues are rising against a program who's fans have called UK dirty for years and using terms like "pay pal Cal." In 6 years Cal has had one kid (Bledsoe) have eligibility questions due to academics, and hasn't had a kid that had eligibility questions due to taking money from agents or boosters. It's no coincidence that UK has stayed above that noise since Bledsoe's problems arrived. The administration goes through everything with a fine tooth comb and hasn't taken anyone on unless they were 99.9% sure they would get cleared & won't play them till they do. It's why I feel pretty good about the Skal situation. UK is not going to play him until they have clearance, just like Kanter. I'll say this, I'm not naive to think any program is clean. They are all doing something but UK has stayed above the major allegations. With all the sniffing around Forde and Thamel are doing, UK can't be breaking major rules.

Just ask yourself this, you don't think Kansas fans were celebrating a bit when Enes was ruled ineligible?

Reactions: MWes11
Do some research on Our Savior New American. Diallo isn't the only one. There are a few other recruits in the same classing dealing with issues. There have been others prior to this year. It sounds like there are way more issues here than with Skal. In fact, it seems all the issues with Skal have been brought up based on rumors and assumptions. There's no confirmation at all the NCAA is looking into it. While no mention to Diallo directly, there's definitely issues with his school.

Geez, give us a break. You have been around since 2002 and you cannot tell the difference between jabs at a rival and a kid?

Nobody is wishing harm to a kid's career, although in his case he will still get drafted and be a millionaire.

This is all about Kansas, lighten up Francis.

Or Francine...

Reactions: brianpoe
He is officially a part of the team and would play tonight if a game was tonight. It's a matter of the NCAA coming in and declaring him ineligible due to evidence against his amateur status.

I don't think this is correct. He hasn't been cleared yet by the NCAA. He cannot play until he is cleared.

KU is as shady as it gets.

players taking money
stabbings
fights
sexual assaults
DUIs
grade changes
aau million dollar ticket scam
shoe deals
playing ineligible players

but Cal is the bad one.

Let's not forget the infamous "sex under the bleachers" incident - which, while not hardly a crime, was an example of division 2 sexual behavior (I'm looking at you, Tyshawn Taylor). I mean, under the bleachers? What is this, a homage to Pretty in Pink? I'd expect Anthony Michael Hall to pull a stunt like that, but certainly not a fringe NBA player who has access to hot tubs, hotel suites, and the Pump Brothers world-renown bunny ranch just outside of Lawrence.

Reactions: UK till Death
How can you say he isn't cleared? You never hear about players "being cleared." You only hear about them being ineligible.

"What is the NCAA Clearinghouse?

The NCAA Clearinghouse is an essential step in becoming eligible to play college sports. Over 180,000 potential college athletes register with the NCAA every year.

If you want to play NCAA college sports and receive a scholarship at the DI or DII level, you will need to register and be cleared by the NCAA. The Eligibility Center is the organization within the NCAA that determines the academic eligibility and amateur status for all NCAA DI and DII athletes."

For the record, it is now called the NCAA Eligibility Center.

Last edited:
How can you say he isn't cleared? You never hear about players "being cleared." You only hear about them being ineligible.

And for the record, the article linked above said he wasn't cleared:

More than three months later, though, Diallo has yet to be cleared by the NCAA Eligibility Center, formerly known as the NCAA Clearinghouse. The issue puts his basketball-playing future at Kansas in question.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...-of-kansas/article29990328.html#storylink=cpy

ADVERTISEMENT