ADVERTISEMENT

Justified

Best scene in the show was the Season 2 finale. I loved Mags and didn't want to see her demise but....:

Raylan: "Mags, what did you do?"
Mags: "Same thing I did to Loretta's daddy. It's too late. It was already in the glass. Not in the jar.......Aaagghh!! This is the hard part......Put a end to my troubles.......Get to see my boys again......Get to know the mystery......"

In the deep, dark hills of Eastern Kentucky....that's where I traced my bloodlines! And it's there where I read on a hillside gravestone........you'll never leave Harlan alive......

Originally posted by krazykats:

And yes it was as clear as could be that the boy was Boyd's. She even said he would mess his life up if he knew.
I thought she said "I don't think he would dare harm him, but I still don't want him to know" or words to that effect, I took that to mean it was Raylan's boy (they implied that they had a quickie at Ava's home a few episodes back while Boyd was not around)

Anyway, thought the finale was terrific as well

Originally posted by Tskware:
Originally posted by krazykats:

And yes it was as clear as could be that the boy was Boyd's. She even said he would mess his life up if he knew.
I thought she said "I don't think he would dare harm him, but I still don't want him to know" or words to that effect, I took that to mean it was Raylan's boy (they implied that they had a quickie at Ava's home a few episodes back while Boyd was not around)

Anyway, thought the finale was terrific as well
It could go either way but I don't see Raylan walking away from his own son. So, to me, that indicates it is Boyd's.

In an interview after the finale, Executive Producer Graham Yost was asked if anything had happened between Raylan and Ava beyond the kiss that was shown. He said no, that the child was definitely not Raylan's as far as the writers were concerned.

That said, it is Hollywood and anything can be resurrected in any way they want it to, I suppose.

It was a great ending to a great show. Boyd is an all time great bad guy

Originally posted by KyFaninNC:
Here is Patty's version of the song.
Her version may be the best. The haunting sound in her voice is very touching.

I do like Patty's version.

Wonder why that was never played on the show? They played one verse of a different version in each year's finale.

Maybe the rights to hers cost too much?

Her version touches me because I know she comes from coal miners. Means something more to her I suppose.

Was it just me or were any of you on edge waiting for something bad to happen while Raylan was sitting there at the picnic table watching his daughter play? I liked the ending, but there was certainly some suspense and tension even in that rather tranquil moment. I could have just as easily envisioned a Sopranos type ending with A somehow freed Boyd Crowder or somebody else for that matter walking up behind him at that picnic table and it fading to black. Glad it didn't end tragically.

I actually thought Boone might kill him. I'm sure their timing of the "never leave Harlan alive" immediately before that shootout was not coincidental.

Originally posted by chitown87:
I actually thought Boone might kill him. I'm sure their timing of the "never leave Harlan alive" immediately before that shootout was not coincidental.
For a split second I did too. Raylan didn't have as confident of look as he usually did.

I was not thrilled with the final episode, until the last 2 minutes. That final scene with Boyd and Raylan was perfect.

What was the book that Raylan had in his desk that he said he had read more than 10 times? Think it was an Elmore Leonard novel, but cannot remember the name to save my life

What was the book that Raylan had in his desk that he said he had read more than 10 times? Think it was an Elmore Leonard novel, but cannot remember the name to save my life
"The Friends of Eddie Coyle, published in 1970, was the debut novel of George V. Higgins, then an Assistant United States Attorney in Boston. The novel is a realistic depiction of the Irish-American underworld in Boston. Its central character is the title character Eddie Coyle, a small-time criminal and informant"

The producers put that in there because it was Elmore Leonard's favorite crime novel.

"The Friends of Eddie Coyle, published in 1970, was the debut novel of George V. Higgins, then an Assistant United States Attorney in Boston. The novel is a realistic depiction of the Irish-American underworld in Boston. Its central character is the title character Eddie Coyle, a small-time criminal and informant"

The producers put that in there because it was Elmore Leonard's favorite crime novel.
Thank you, I knew it had a Leonard connection, and I need a book to read.

I didn't rewatch to check but when Raylan and Boone shot each other, didn't blood shoot out of Raylan's back when the bullet exited? I ask because he was shot in the head. I definitely remember blood shooting out of an exit wound.

ADVERTISEMENT