ADVERTISEMENT

Justified

I liked the ending. I thought it was a good final episode. This season made up for the terrible John Rappaport season.

It was a great ending. Had the tease of a showdown and surprising of Boyd not being able to pull on Raylan. Those 3 had the best outcome possible play out for each of the main characters.

Still never liked the Boone character though.

Best season since season 2.

Are they set up for a TV movie when Boyd gets out?

Who got the other $ 9 million? Or is it still buried?

Originally posted by gollumcat:

Who got the other $ 9 million? Or is it still buried?
I thought Duffy got most/all of it for getting Ava out of town in the modified dog catcher rig. They referenced rumors of him 'surfing in Fiji'.

Here are a couple of great links...one is an interview with the producer that answers a lot of questions:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/justified-producer-on-who-lived-and-who-died-in-the-finale-and-a-mags-cameo-that-wasnt/

and the other is a review that seems to hold out hope of a reunion down then road?

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/justified-producer-on-who-lived-and-who-died-in-the-finale-and-a-mags-cameo-that-wasnt/

"With the three sides of the show's main character triangle - Raylan, Boyd and Ava - still alive, Olyphant, Goggins and Yost say they are open to revisiting the characters if a future story beckons.

"In a heartbeat," Olyphant says. "Just tell me where and when."

About as good a series finale I have watched. The final scene with Raylan and Boyd was really good. Their connection can only be understood by them. Good stuff.

On a personal note, to have had a TV show this good be based around my hometown was surreal.

Ava: "Ain't no cell can hold him."

Love to see a reunion. Season 6 was right there with season 2 (Mags always was my favorite) and might have been THE best season. Too bad it only lasted around 78 episodes.

Thought it ended as it should.

Glad none of the main trio were killed off.

Really glad Raylan and Boyd didn't get killed off. The Boon character was one of my favorites, wished he had been on more of the episodes, and never could get into Sam Elliotts character.

When they fast forwarded, I was half expecting to see Raylan and Ava on the beach spending the rest of the money. LOL

Yea I kind of thought they were hinting at Raylan/Ava rekindling an old flame.

Mini Series plot:
Wynn didn't really get the $9 million in exchange for getting Ava out of Harlan....he did it in exchange for Ava telling him where it was buried, but he couldn't get to it. Wynn finds out where Ava is and tells Boyd she's not really dead, and helps Boyd break out. Boyd goes after Ava and the $. Raylan is summoned back to KY to deal with it.

Well you put some thought into that, but if Wynn knows where the money is why in the world would he break Boyd out to split it with him?

Not really sure on that.....was kinda off the top of my head. Maybe he needs Boyd's help or expertise or info for some unknown reason. I'm just wanting more.

Kind of funny Boyd's kid wears his shirt buttoned all the way up too.
This post was edited on 4/15 10:29 PM by gollumcat

I noticed that. I think there will be more at some point but to keep it going now would be forced. The only long standing characters left are Boyd, Raylan, Ava and Loretta.

I figured that Boyd and Raylan would have the classic shoot out as a climax to the series.

Boy, was I wrong.... and enjoyed being wrong.

Several times during the finale I said "I didn't see that coming"

Kept me entertained and kept my interest........ not a lot of TV shows pull that off.

I did not, however, like Raylan's final hat. Oh, well.

First it was Colbert..... then, Jon Stewart. Now, Ralyan Givens. I want my America back!!!!!!

I enjoyed all the subtle references to the pilot. There were a few more but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head:

"You're the most stubborn man I've ever met." "Better than angriest."

"Nice hat." "I tried it on and it fit."

laugh.r191677.gif
at Wynn Duffy's van. Down on All Fours - The Experts in Doggystyle.

And the "We dug coal together" line was just about perfect, I thought.

It also tied back to the pilot - and answered the battle of raylan's soul - by answering whether Raylan would have drawn had the other guy not drawn.

I doubt Raylan even knew the answer until Boyd refused.

Oh, and I read this somewhere.... But Boyd had once referenced how Raylan wore his hat high on his head. Which ended up saving his life as Boone went a little high.

Would like to have seen Raylan spend a little more time beating the crap out of Boon as the writers did a great job making Boon a very creepy and unlikable character.

Other than that, a very solid finale... certainly better than most finales.

I read that in the Elmore Leonard story, Raylan wore a smaller hat than he did in Justified. That was Leonard's one minor beef about the character that Graham Yost created. So the switch to Boon's smaller Stetson was a nod to Elmore Leonard, finally putting Raylan in the right-sized hat that Leonard envisioned.

"We dug coal together" was also the unspoken reason that Raylan shot Boyd in the stomach instead of the heart in Season 1, Episode 1. As Boyd is being taken to the hospital, Art chides Raylan because he knows that Raylan is a better shot than not to shoot Boyd through the heart.

Cool stuff, a lot of stuff came full circle. I read one reviewer call it "the perfect ending that we didn't know we wanted". I thought that was dead-on.

I wanted Raylan and Winona to end up together, but it would have almost seemed unrealistic if it had worked out for them. So it wasn't surprising at all how that worked out.

Two questions -

Did Wynn know in the penultimate episode that he would be smuggling Ava? He ordered a van with smuggling compartments and used it for her.

The diamond bracelet/necklace/whatever that he used as payment - did he steal that from Catherine, who stole it from the jewelry store earlier in the season?

He got it off her in the scene where she was there to kill him. Thats why it still had blood on it.

The smuggling components he asked for I thought was weird and never thought about it, you could be right.

And yes it was as clear as could be that the boy was Boyd's. She even said he would mess his life up if he knew.

Getting to gollum's miniseries idea. Maybe Ava doublecrossed Wynn and lied about where the money was. Not like Wynn could have went and got it before he got Ava out of Harlan. So maybe he thinks Boyd can help him find it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by GrandePdre:
"We dug coal together" was a great, great line, and I hope it is remembered as a great line in television history.
Yes it was. The back and forth with Raylan and Boyd in that final scene is good as it gets IMO.

Originally posted by GrandePdre:
"We dug coal together" was a great, great line, and I hope it is remembered as a great line in television history.My hearing must be going bad, I had to re-watch that particular line several times before I heard that...
confused0024.r191677.gif

It's not the ending I thought we were going to get, but after thinking on it, I liked it...it was a good (not great) show...very entertaining.

I was hoping Loretta was going to let Boon try some of Mag's apple pie moonshine in one of the "special" glasses.

ADVERTISEMENT