ADVERTISEMENT

Jurich continues pushing for stadium expansion

UL can expand all they want, the fans will still leave 5k empty seats every game while they continue to drink in the parking lot! Every game is announced a sell out and every game has gaping holes in the stands.

I dislike Jurich. However, there is no doubt that Louisville's football program has improved under Jurich's guidance. On the other hand, Barnhart has made some terrible decisions that almost crippled the Kentucky football program.
Jurich is actually not the real savior in this ...That would be Bill Olsen who hired Howard Schnellenburger...That SAVED Otis's program...period

I dislike Jurich. However, there is no doubt that Louisville's football program has improved under Jurich's guidance. On the other hand, Barnhart has made some terrible decisions that almost crippled the Kentucky football program.
Absolutely correct, Sincerely, Cliff Hagan, CM Newton, Larry Ivy

Reactions: brianpoe
Anybody that likes Jurich is equivalent to Jim Jones Guyana tragedy. All you have to do is look or listen to him and it screams phoney. I worry sometimes hoe people can't sniff out bullshitters.

You have to be a biased fool to not recognize the strides that TJ has made at that commuter school. He is definitely a top AD, rivals hate him, as they should. He cares about winning which is what 99.9% of his fan base cares about. You may not like how he does it but he has turned Louisville into a very good athletic school.

Last edited:
Reactions: ok-cats-computer
Blame the reduction in seating where it belongs...ON THE STUDENT SECTION...They are pitiful...Go to an sec road game and you will see what I mean...I have no problem with the temporary loss of seats because when it is time that can be addressed...#ALL IN

Yes, it's true that UK students have never been faithful football supporters, but they tend to show up when we're good. If UK would simply keep the student section at 5,000-7,000 and give the rest to season ticket holders, they'd easily sell out when the team is good.

Yes, it's true that UK students have never been faithful football supporters, but they tend to show up when we're good. If UK would simply keep the student section at 5,000-7,000 and give the rest to season ticket holders, they'd easily sell out when the team is good.
Unless I'm mistaken ...the student allotment was cut from 12K to 6500...Let's see if they show up...When the demand for more seats is strong then they will be added...I for one LOVE the way this is going...[banana]:cool2:

I heard it is a pain to get in and out of there...but that aspect especially in this era looks like a hellva idea

Yeah it's terrible. Once you get there it basically looks like an erector set football stadium. There is absolutely no character, nothing special about it. Centurylink in Seattle is an awesome stadium. Sadly, Levi's doesn't compare. I say that as a 49ers fan who gets depressed every time I watch a game at Levis.

Didn't ul offer buy 1 get 1 free tickets to their game against Auburn? Sounds like desperation to me. I'm pretty sure some of upper deck tickets for their home games are VERY cheap

They want to expand their stadium and yet they still have season tickets,available in the lower bowls per the ul website and we are now in August. I'm sure they have plenty of excuses.

And that is exactly what they did, isn't it? I was checking single game tickets the other day and it looks like best remaining seats are in the former student section.

Not the point of this thread but I continue to be stunned at a renovation which physically removes some 6,000 "good" (i.e., mostly south side) seats from a 67,000 seat stadium. Someone would literally have to set down with engineering drawings and show me why that big a seat loss was "necessary".

Peace

Agreed, does not compute.
jauk11 & WC...Do either of you have season tickets?...As of right now every FOOTBALL fan should be thrilled with the direction this program is headed...Mark Stoops has stated that in 2016 when the new facility along with the stadium renovation that KENTUCKY'S facilities will be as good as any in the country...Seating at this pt in time is immaterial...That can be worried about at a later date when they are necessary...

They want to expand their stadium and yet they still have season tickets,available in the lower bowls per the ul website and we are now in August. I'm sure they have plenty of excuses.
Wait a minute, you mean there's not actually a huge waiting list for season tickets like we always hear from their delusional fan base? Or maybe the waiting list is just for the $10 seats.

I gave up my season tickets in the Joker era and have enjoyed watching our rise from the comfort of my living room. I'd like to get season tickets again, but every time I consider it I remember how much I hate those bleachers. The same reason I let my rupp tickets go.

Reactions: dorkmeister
jauk11 & WC...Do either of you have season tickets?...As of right now every FOOTBALL fan should be thrilled with the direction this program is headed...Mark Stoops has stated that in 2016 when the new facility along with the stadium renovation that KENTUCKY'S facilities will be as good as any in the country...Seating at this pt in time is immaterial...That can be worried about at a later date when they are necessary...
Not since the mid 80s. I still try to get down there for a couple or three games each year. In addition to UofL I'm looking at the FL and UT games this year. I've got my Card tickets ordered from UofL and it looks like Mitch has kicked up the price on FL and UT as well. May end up shopping out front for those 2 games. [winking]

As for facilities, the new training center will be nice and far more important to performance than the stadium renovations. Aside from the fact it will be new, it locates all the football operations and facilities around CWS, the way it should have been from the get go. The stadium improvements benefit the fans, not for the players. Without question, all fans will benefit from better restrooms and better concessions. After that, it is all about luxury seating to help foot the bill. JMO, but it is hard for me to believe it will be "nice enough" to justify the loss of 6,000 seats.

I saw games at Stoll Field. CWS is the newest venue in the SEC. I recall when it was built it was hailed as the missing piece of the puzzle for UK football. Some years later Nutter Field House (still an outstanding indoor facility) was described as the final piece of the puzzle. I have followed UK football since the Bradshaw era and the average season record over those 53 years is 4.5 - 6.6. I have seen UK football start in the right direction more than once over the past 5 decades (5-6, 6-5 in Curci's first 2 years; 6-5, 9-3 in Claiborne's 2nd and 3rd years, but no more than 5 wins after that, consecutive 4-4 SEC seasons in Mumme's first 2 years and 4 consecutive winning season in Brooks' last 4 years). Football success at places like UofL and UK is a very perishable commodity; it is hard to attain but even harder to sustain.

Without question Stoops is recruiting at a higher level than seen since the Bill Curry era (it was really pretty good back then, you just did not have the whole recruiting industry then that you have now). So if everything is going in the right direction, it is time to win some games. UK has won exactly 1 game in 2 years that they were expected to lose (SC last year). But that win is somewhat mitigated by the loss to WKU the year before. Stoops ain't a rookie HC anymore and has recruited some good players; time to win some games.

Peace

LittleBrother attendance figures are BOGUS..they never sell out after all the FREE tickets to UPS.GE.FORD and Homeless..the place is lucky to draw 30,000 drunks..Why expand when you cannot sell out?????[laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

LittleBrother attendance figures are BOGUS..they never sell out after all the FREE tickets to UPS.GE.FORD and Homeless..the place is lucky to draw 30,000 drunks..Why expand when you cannot sell out?????[laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

Don't worry, he will figure out some way to get someone else to pay for it, maybe the non sports fan students this time, probably the ones paying for BP's half million bonus for the players making the minimum point standing------didn't he come through for Willie with those lifetime living accommodations?

Jurich is actually not the real savior in this ...That would be Bill Olsen who hired Howard Schnellenburger...That SAVED Otis's program...period

And one of UK's worst mistakes of the century was in NOT hiring Howard. (2nd only to letting Bryant get away ). It's interesting that both have to do with missing out on great football coaches. Running Rupp off when he still had a lot of great coaching in him must be 2a.

I remember living in louisville around 07 or 08 and uofl football games were free after halftime to get ppl to come to games

No excuses! Yes you are correct UL has some lower bowl season tickets left. have to love the school web sites these days. As of today they about 215 seats available but only about 80 are in pairs. The rest are single seats. Lower Bowl is pretty much sold out. UL does not even really market these few season tickets since the pairs will sell quickly as single game tickets. By the way UK uses the same type web site and UK has about 650 lower bowl season tickets left. I also discovered that Cat fans get a bargain. UL fans pay about $54 per game while UK fans only pay $40 per game for lower bowl seats. In fairness UL does sell many of the upper level seats cheaper than UK so I guess it balances out.

At some point UL will fill in the lower bowl. Probably a mix of lower seats mid level club seats, a recruiting club type room and some more suites which are sold out. I am thinking about 7500 seats. LIke many schools it is all supply and demand. Big games sell out and the seats are full and many games there are sold empty seats.

Final note is that while UK can count on most SEC schools bringing 5000 or more fans UL has played few schools that travel well until now where some of the ACC schools travel well but not like the SEC.

LittleBrother attendance figures are BOGUS..they never sell out after all the FREE tickets to UPS.GE.FORD and Homeless..
This is the absolute truth. I work for a large Louisville employer, and have many friends & family who work for just about all the rest in town. And every one of us get email blasts during the season about special employee discount ticket offer for UL homegames, maybe $5, sometimes less or given away. It is a running joke, we start email chains about how we all get the same offers - for businesses that all added together have tens of thousands of employees!

UL fanbase is built about as solid as sandbox sand. Depends on a lot of people in the city who aren't from here, didn't grow up here, but relocated here due to their jobs. And get snowed by the local fanboy media that following & cheering for the local city college is the cool hip exciting thing to do. About as shallow of loyalty and dedication as you can possibly get. the ones who do go to their games spend most of the time wandering around getting drunk, or standing and talking business on that wonderful "party deck" or up in the Brown Forman lounge. occasionally standing still a few moments to watch the game in progress on the field before they get back in line for another beer or whiskey.

gee....ya think that's maybe because UofL only plays 6 home games this year?

Not sure what you are talking about. I did not just fall off the turnip truck. I gave you the per seat per game price not the full season price. The season tickets are about the same but both schools adjust it for the number of games. Next year when UK goes to 7 home games the price will probably be lower. A few years ago I was buying season tickets to UK for $230.

First two years in Papa John I shared season tickets with a friend and during that period I never saw the stadium more than 3/4 full. No I did not see the UK game. Our seats were in bend of end zone. Good seats for viewing. Years back I'm entering a horse at C.D.racing office and racing secretary who knew I was a big football fan gave me two 40 yard line lower level tickets for up coming game. Thanked him the following Monday and he told me he always had tickets on hand! Same time my son got two free end zone tickets for filling up truck at Convenient Store just around corner and out back gate of C.D.. Know that was then, at present have two friends that are long time UofL season ticket holders that say very few time The Papa is as full as Tommy J. and athlete department released numbers.
For years there has many empty seats in UK's student section. Have a positive feeling that's going to change this season.

No excuses! Yes you are correct UL has some lower bowl season tickets left. have to love the school web sites these days. As of today they about 215 seats available but only about 80 are in pairs. The rest are single seats. Lower Bowl is pretty much sold out. UL does not even really market these few season tickets since the pairs will sell quickly as single game tickets. By the way UK uses the same type web site and UK has about 650 lower bowl season tickets left. I also discovered that Cat fans get a bargain. UL fans pay about $54 per game while UK fans only pay $40 per game for lower bowl seats. In fairness UL does sell many of the upper level seats cheaper than UK so I guess it balances out.

At some point UL will fill in the lower bowl. Probably a mix of lower seats mid level club seats, a recruiting club type room and some more suites which are sold out. I am thinking about 7500 seats. LIke many schools it is all supply and demand. Big games sell out and the seats are full and many games there are sold empty seats.

Final note is that while UK can count on most SEC schools bringing 5000 or more fans UL has played few schools that travel well until now where some of the ACC schools travel well but not like the SEC.

And that is exactly what they did, isn't it? I was checking single game tickets the other day and it looks like best remaining seats are in the former student section.

Not the point of this thread but I continue to be stunned at a renovation which physically removes some 6,000 "good" (i.e., mostly south side) seats from a 67,000 seat stadium. Someone would literally have to set down with engineering drawings and show me why that big a seat loss was "necessary".

Peace

For once, I completely agree with you. Yes, they have already dropped the student allotment and yes, that was a really dumb move by UK to drop capacity (and certainly to drop good seats from the inventory).

OP is another UL fan trying and failing miserably at posing as a UK fan. Will the new seats be Pu$$Y colored pink like the existing ones? [laughing]

Is it UL's policy for you to have lower tickets in the Yum Center you "MUST" purchase season football tickets? If true, they are forcing football down their fans throat.

I am thrilled and excited by the direction Stoops and Troops are taking UK football, still not willing to make mitch out to be a hero for doing what he should have done about a decade earlier (he had NO choice in his present support, COULD have and SHOULD have been done much sooner) or to forget about mitch running the program so far into the ground with his starvation level support of the program that we had two years in a row when we not only lost to UL but also WESTERN KENTUCKY. Along with ZERO conference wins.

Is it UL's policy for you to have lower tickets in the Yum Center you "MUST" purchase season football tickets? If true, they are forcing football down their fans throat.
oh that has been their policy since day 1 of Papa John opening in 1998. Want basketball tickets, want luxury boxes, you've gotta buy the same if not more for football.

ADVERTISEMENT