ADVERTISEMENT

Julian Phillips

c21B11P.png

Apparently he did well at the combine and like CL wants to stay in the draft. If I remember correctly, while he didn't play well against us, he had some nice games and appears to be a good player with upside.

24% from 3? Sounds about right
Come on, it was 23.9%. We don’t roll them up when it’s this close to 0. This guy would come here and chuck up 3’s, but would increase his % up to 26-27% by years end, he is a Must get commitment.

Julian Phillips is projected around 30th. Unbelievable we are trending better for him than CL who isn't on any mock drafts.
Did we even reach out to DaRon Holmes II? He's currently trending around 40th so there's a slight chance he returns to college under the right circumstance.

Bottom line, UK needs to stop fighting the current and fully embrace NIL. We are falling behind and look incompetent not exhausting resources to have NIL reach its highest potential at KY.
It seems as if the program is waiting for regulations to pass so they can say they've always operated under similar guidelines.

I would think he wants a solidified starting spot and that’s probably not here.

I remember him on the HS All-Star circuit and thinking he looked like a stud. Perhaps he was just in a bad spot at UT? Environment/culture matter. Locker room could have sucked w/ that squad of jokers.

I would take him. He’s a talented kid. And if he is one of the best five (and I think he would be), he would start.

I think right now, Wagner, Edwards, and Bradshaw are locks to start. I am not putting Dillingham in that category yet. I think it will depend on need. If we are better with Wagner running the show, Cal might elect to go with two big wings to go with him. In that case, Phillips could start opposite Edwards on the wing.

Cal has had a lot of success playing a PG and two wings (Knight/Lamb/Miller, Teague/Lamb/MKG, Harrison/Harrison/Young, Harrison/Harrison/Lyles), so it’s not unprecedented.

Of course, those recruiting against us will continue to tell these portal guys that UK’s Freshmen will all start and that they have no shot at starting. Heck, they probably tell them to come to this board and see what UK fans say, since we are supposedly the “most knowledgeable fans in college bball.”

I would take him. He’s a talented kid. And if he is one of the best five (and I think he would be), he would start.

I think right now, Wagner, Edwards, and Bradshaw are locks to start. I am not putting Dillingham in that category yet. I think it will depend on need. If we are better with Wagner running the show, Cal might elect to go with two big wings to go with him. In that case, Phillips could start opposite Edwards on the wing.

Cal has had a lot of success playing a PG and two wings (Knight/Lamb/Miller, Teague/Lamb/MKG, Harrison/Harrison/Young, Harrison/Harrison/Lyles), so it’s not unprecedented.

Of course, those recruiting against us will continue to tell these portal guys that UK’s Freshmen will all start and that they have no shot at starting. Heck, they probably tell them to come to this board and see what UK fans say, since we are supposedly the “most knowledgeable fans in college bball.”
They aren't wrong.4 freshmen have been promised starter roles.

Reactions: seccats04
They aren't wrong.4 freshmen have been promised starter roles.
Maybe. Maybe not.

Has Cal said this or is it speculation?

I really don’t know.

Cal may be desperate enough to make promises. After the last three seasons, he probably had to promise spots to get kids to come play for him.

I don’t know.

Until I hear proof that Cal has promised spots, it is just speculation.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Has Cal said this or is it speculation?

I really don’t know.

Cal may be desperate enough to make promises. After the last three seasons, he probably had to promise spots to get kids to come play for him.

I don’t know.

Until I hear proof that Cal has promised spots, it is just speculation.
I'm sure Livingston just started at the 3 all season just because he was so good at it.

Cal is going to play his freshman, always has ,always will. We are not getting anybody good in the portal. Why would you come here to take a secondary role if you were good enough to start elsewhere.

I'm sure Livingston just started at the 3 all season just because he was so good at it.
Good point.

But Livingston proved worthy of that spot at the end of the season.

He was clearly the third best player on the court in the last game of the season. Third in scoring, third in rebounding that game. He was the best defender at the 3 spot all year long.

Meanwhile his main competition for a starting spot on the wing, Fredrick and Reeves, did nothing.

Was he promised a starting spot or did Cal just see his potential and stubbornly stuck with him, because he believed Livingston was our best option at the 3?

I really don’t know.

Just speculating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT