ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Forrest has gained 22 pounds

The question here is the weight gain or loss in that particular player a good or bad thing. The weight gains were they good weight or bad weight. Was quickness affected by the weight gain. I am particularly interested if Forrest retained his quickness and lateral mobility putting on so much weight. It likely will help him in stopping the run but will it hurt his pass defense which was one of his strong points. We will soonget a peek and have some idea how much players migh have improved.

In am a bit disappointed that Elam is still at 360. I was hoping he could get down to about 345.

Josh played well last season and had a great Spring. With his improved size and speed I think he is headed for a all SEC season! Also he will hit!

Matt Elam break 400 pounds yet?

I don't think 360 is that bad for somebody that's 6'7 and athletic. Somebody with his build that's going through Korem's S&C program and maintaining that weight has to be ridiculously strong. This isn't the Joker days, and they're not giving these guys the option to hide and slack. It's go hard, or go home. He hasn't went home. Somebody that size can shift +/-10 lbs over the weekend

Reactions: BengalWACO
I don't think 360 is that bad for somebody that's 6'7 and athletic. Somebody with his build that's going through Korem's S&C program and maintaining that weight has to be ridiculously strong. This isn't the Joker days, and they're not giving these guys the option to hide and slack. It's go hard, or go home. He hasn't went home. Somebody that size can shift +/-10 lbs over the weekend

It is true that a person that size could lose 10 pounds very fast but most of it would be water weigh and would come right back when he properly hydrated.

Those numbers aren't set in stone. For example, I read recently where either Korem or Marrow said that Bone was at 220. Also hard to believe that Kobie Walker is at 210 when he was already at 215 before fall practice last year. Suffice to say that Korems program and the fact that there is much more competition for playing time at every spot has gotten these guys to buy in and that as a result UK passes the look, run and lift test better than ever by a wide margin.

Rivals listed Tymere Dubose at 265 when he signed. He's now up to 315 (+50 lbs or +19%). Pretty impressive for 1 year in the program. Alex Montgomery @ 210 is up 30 lbs (+17%) from when he signed. From a % weight change, TV is one of the bigger gainers on the team @ +8% (143 to 155), but Garrett Johnson has put on 22 lbs (+14%) over same period.

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to post a screenshot of the changes...

I cant believe the staff didnt redshirt TV Williams last year. They need to this year or else his college career is going to be a waste

CLmmK8gWsAANNiv.png:large

Pulled "Signing Wt" from Rivals commit lists. Not sure how accurate they are.

Stoops said he wanted him at 350 fwiw.

Reactions: Kentucky81
If Forrest made those kind of gains while retaining speed, he'll easily be drafted. May even be picked in the top 3 or 4 rounds.

I cant believe the staff didnt redshirt TV Williams last year. They need to this year or else his college career is going to be a waste

No offense to TV, but the way our recruiting is going the staff probably didnt want him in the program more than 4 years. We're moving up to a whole new level talent wise in terms of recruiting WR's.

Reactions: RV2
How useful would a very small reciever be? Would he be able to zip in and out quicker and gain a hard on his man for a quick gain of a much needed 5 yards across the middle?

I thought Forrest has been mentioned as one of the best athletically gifted LB's in the sec and one to watch this season.
Who else in the sec had more tackles? The way I remember reading it was he had superior coverage skills but lacked physicality. But he was a guy along with Towels, Stamps and somebody else who had NFL talent.

The question here is the weight gain or loss in that particular player a good or bad thing. The weight gains were they good weight or bad weight. Was quickness affected by the weight gain. I am particularly interested if Forrest retained his quickness and lateral mobility putting on so much weight. It likely will help him in stopping the run but will it hurt his pass defense which was one of his strong points. We will soonget a peek and have some idea how much players migh have improved.

In am a bit disappointed that Elam is still at 360. I was hoping he could get down to about 345.
Wow, still hasnt lost the weight? Not that hard to drop 30 lbs., epecially if you are that big. Somebody needs to quit coddleing this kid and light a fire under his butt, where's the high performance program?

Wow, still hasnt lost the weight? Not that hard to drop 30 lbs., epecially if you are that big. Somebody needs to quit coddleing this kid and light a fire under his butt, where's the high performance program?

The number of hte weight isn't as important as the makeup of it. Muscle weighs more than fat. You can actually totally reshape your body and your overall weight number stay about the same, if you're dropping fat and adding muscle.

And on another note, I think Forrest is gonna be lights out. Thought he really progressed last year and was starting to understand the LB position. With added weight/reps/experience he's going to be awesome imo. Think he'll be like Travathan and Woodyard.

Reactions: RV2
You gotta believe that these guys are adding muscle and shedding fat, or the strength and conditioning guy would be out of a job. I would expect the linebackers and secondary to be stronger and the linemen to be quicker.

Elam is super talented and hopefully in shape now, i just hope he develops a mean streak, then he would be unstoppable. Feed him some gun powder and smack him around before the games or some sh"t. Thats high performance

if elam can play 10 more snaps/game then last year and play those snaps at a more consistent high level then he'll be good. he usually looked good early but he seemed to tire rather quickly and became just a big guy by his 10th rep.

The number of hte weight isn't as important as the makeup of it. Muscle weighs more than fat. You can actually totally reshape your body and your overall weight number stay about the same, if you're dropping fat and adding muscle.

And on another note, I think Forrest is gonna be lights out. Thought he really progressed last year and was starting to understand the LB position. With added weight/reps/experience he's going to be awesome imo. Think he'll be like Travathan and Woodyard.

Man, I really hope you are right about Forrest. I didn't think he did a good job last year stopping the run between the tackles. But I realized (and realize) that he came to UK playing another position (receiver if I recall correctly). That's a big adjustment in technique, need physical skills and perhaps most importantly, attitude.

With the added weight, the additional experience and hopefully a nastier attitude, I'm really hoping he can become a dominant force between the tackles. If he can do so, with his height, speed and range, he'll be playing in the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT