ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Henderson?

We are after this kid pretty hard?

TOS had a post about Leavitt giving an interview to WVLK about recruiting him hard for us given they go to the same JC.

Apparently he said Henderson was the best DLineman he has ever played with or against. Sounds good to me..sign him up!

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
You make a spot for him. Kid is explosive. If we sign him then we will have 6 of the top 15 players out of the 2014 Ohio class.

Leavitt says he is making a pitch, but I do not know if we have a spot for him.

If he is as good a Leavitt says you HAVE to find a spot for him. You just don't pass up talented Dlinemen in the SEC.

Does anyone know the details around him leaving UT? I believe he left after redshirt in his first year? Did he just see the writing on the wall that he was being recruited over...pretty strange to leave after your first year of redshirting. Butch is definitely churning players these days.

Any of out UT friends lurking out there that can add some color?

We definitely have a spot for him. Ideal finish would be Smith, Aime and Henderson. Henderson was actually going to OV this past weekend but couldn't because of juco rules. Having Leavitt in our corner is gonna help out tremendously. Regarding UT, he was there for the summer I think but dealt with some NCAA clearing house issues and missed practice time then decided to go juco to get his academics straight. As far as I know, he's good to go now.

Reactions: DaytonKat and jtw13
Don't know specifics, but the rumours were that Henderson shouldn't have been eligible to enroll at UT in the first place. So, he had no choice but to leave and go to juco in order to qualify. That raises a question. If he wasn't eligible did he burn a year og eligibility. Hmmm....

We definitely have a spot for him. Ideal finish would be Smith, Aime and Henderson. Henderson was actually going to OV this past weekend but couldn't because of juco rules. Having Leavitt in our corner is gonna help out tremendously. Regarding UT, he was there for the summer I think but dealt with some NCAA clearing house issues and missed practice time then decided to go juco to get his academics straight. As far as I know, he's good to go now.

Thsbk

Opps..user error. Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear he wasn't a UT castoff. Interesting that they don't seem to be recruiting him again. Perhaps they don't have a spot at that position given they've given 200 scholarships is the last two classes..

The glowing feedback on this guy from Leavitt puts him at the top of my wish list with Smith at DT. From the interviews I've seen from Leavitt he seems to be a very straight shooter. If he says Henderson is that good he would clearly be a great get

Opps..user error. Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear he wasn't a UT castoff. Interesting that they don't seem to be recruiting him again. Perhaps they don't have a spot at that position given they've given 200 scholarships is the last two classes..

The glowing feedback on this guy from Leavitt puts him at the top of my wish list with Smith at DT. From the interviews I've seen from Leavitt he seems to be a very straight shooter. If he says Henderson is that good he would clearly be a great get
If you go to hudl, you can watch him and Leavitt go against each other during spring drills.

Don't know specifics, but the rumours were that Henderson shouldn't have been eligible to enroll at UT in the first place. So, he had no choice but to leave and go to juco in order to qualify. That raises a question. If he wasn't eligible did he burn a year og eligibility. Hmmm....
In that case it kinda sounds like he would have 4 years to play 3 starting in 2016. That is if the NCAA doesn't screw him over.

In that case it kinda sounds like he would have 4 years to play 3 starting in 2016. That is if the NCAA doesn't screw him over.
i was thinking 3 to play 3. they would count the stint at ut as a rs year i would assume.

Not sure but isn't this the recruit that had a visit scheduled but couldn't come because of some JC rule?

Could be. The more I think about his visit it seems I recall an August OV date. But....I could've dreamed that.

ADVERTISEMENT