ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Meyer flips his Kobi Simmons pick from UK to Ohio State

Not surprising. We have been on a lot of guards as of late. Seems like Cal or Kobi cooled on the other. Lately our priorities have shifted away from Kobi. Now, with that said, Im not one of those fans. I will gladly take Kobi in a heartbeat!! But Im not the coach and not saying he wouldnt. Just noting that coach is on quite a few different guys lately.

Last edited:
SHOCKEDKRAMERISSHOCKED.gif

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Loaded class of kids. Gonna be a long while before it all gets sorted out.

Kobi getting the D'Angelo sell. Hopefully Cal offering Adebayo shows he's serious on going all in with Smith Jr. They've long been rumored to be a twosome. Smith is the best guard in the class easily and Adebayo the 2nd best big so that'd be quite a haul. Along with Monk or Bridges and we are talking about maybe having the top class even if Duke adds Giles to Tatum. Either way I think the last couple years of Cal missing on a lot of guys has reinvigorated him to an extent and made him realize he can rest and think we will get all the late signees.

Not surprising. We have been on a lot of guards as of late. Seems like Cal or Kobi cooled on the other. Lately our priorities have shifted away from Kobi. Now, with that said, Im not one of those fans. I will gladly take Kobi in a heartbeat!! But Im not the coach and not saying he wouldnt. Just noting that coach is on quite a few different guys lately.
I'm wondering if Cal has cooled on Kobi. Just seems like he hasn't kept up in improving with the rest of the class. I still think he's a great player but at the point is take Smith or Fox over him, personally.

Reactions: stuway
This shows you just can't count on anyone. Everyone early on had Zimmerman to UK the past season. Remember his mother wearing a Kentucky shirt? How about that kid that ended at Baylor that also was wearing Kentucky items and expressed how thrilled he was with an offer from Cal? I see fans putting these lists out on the future rosters and there have already been some with Simmons like there already was a commitment. Interests obviously can change and nothing is certain.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I'm wondering if Cal has cooled on Kobi. Just seems like he hasn't kept up in improving with the rest of the class. I still think he's a great player but at the point is take Smith or Fox over him, personally.

The problem being that at the moment anyway, no one seems to think we really have much of a chance at either.

Good. There are better guards out there in this class. He sort of reminds me of Seventh Woods. Crazy good athlete, long, good quickness, terrible decision maker, terrible jump shooter. There are a handful of guards that I would rather have over Simmons. He can play, but he wouldn't be in my top 5 best guards in the class.

The problem being that at the moment anyway, no one seems to think we really have much of a chance at either.
Maybe not. But we really just got involved with both. I know some will swear Smith is an NC State lock (as if they are recruiting gurus or something) and hey, he may be. But we just offered both these kids a scholarship within the last month. It's really too early to tell how this class will turn out.

Remember, this time a year ago we were going to land Malik Newman, Luke Kennard and Diamond Stone.

Reactions: jrpross
Is this a joke thread ? there is not much beyond Mwes11 's last post that makes much sense. First , haven't we learned to literally pay zero attention to Meyer's picks ? Simmons is the most likely pg prospect it seems as he is the one pg who at the time seems to favor UK so unless Fox or someone comes out and says UK is a leader I will assume Simmons is the man , at least for now . Who knows how it plays out but it seems weird talking about cooling on a player when there is zero evidence of that . Never in my life have i seen so little love for a player all rankings have in the top 10 ( and most around the top 5) . Also what is the with the Duke talk in this thread? It is 100% irrelevant .

This dude is a troll but the "you live in mommies basement" put down is so played out. At least be original

Oh, the Internet police. What should I say the next time I see a troll?
[roll]

I had always assumed it was "played out" because it was probably the truth. What other breed of human being spends entire day's trolling message boards? Inquiring minds would like to know. Next time I'll try to be a little more clever for you JellyShelly. :flush:

If Duke University's men's basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski wants 2016 guard Kobi Simmons, he gots him

Notice who is doing the attacking and then notice that the same person is saying that I am being an Internet bad ass.

Irony. Or iroknee as he would probably spell it

If you don't want to get treated like a troll, don't act like a troll. Pretty standard.

But yeah, k gots him. Next.

Smith and Adebayo are going to NC State. I don't care if you don't believe me, but you are wrong.

There is a reason they are a package deal and it has nothing to do with them being friends.

Simmons visited Ohio State a little more than a week ago. Meyer probably heard something positive about the visit, and combined with the recent Fox/Smith offers, is using his deductive reasoning to tell him UK may be souring on Simmons.

That plus perhaps Calipari is more sold on Monk playing the combo guard for UK next year. If Ulis returns, and that's highly probably, Monk could be UK's starting two-guard and UK's back-up point guard. If Cal feels good about landing Fultz or Alkins for the second wing spot (and with another season from Matthews/Mulder), then UK probably only needs two guards if they're the type of guys who can play 30 to 35 minutes/game.

Simmons looks more like a three these days anyhow. He doesn't look like a kid who is elite enough to run an offense at Kentucky.

This shows you just can't count on anyone. Everyone early on had Zimmerman to UK the past season. Remember his mother wearing a Kentucky shirt? How about that kid that ended at Baylor that also was wearing Kentucky items and expressed how thrilled he was with an offer from Cal? I see fans putting these lists out on the future rosters and there have already been some with Simmons like there already was a commitment. Interests obviously can change and nothing is certain.
Simmons didn't cool on UK, UK cooled on Simmons. It's was the biggest rumor out in Vegas over the weekend. Simmons has had some very poor performances this summer. Cal has since offered other guards.

Last edited:
Simmons reminds me a lot of Liggins coming out of high school.

ADVERTISEMENT