ADVERTISEMENT

Jarred Vanderbilt.. .

See some of you haven't watched the Lakers play a single game since he joined the team, which is fine but he's been a big part of why this team is in the Conference Finals.
Arguably the biggest piece from that trade . Everyone focused on D-Lo but Vanderbilt has been more of an X-Factor in the playoffs .

Speaking of D-Lo he has to play better . He struggled and didn’t play any of the 4th I believe .

See some of you haven't watched the Lakers play a single game since he joined the team, which is fine but he's been a big part of why this team is in the Conference Finals.
Yeah he was great for them for a while and I imagine he’ll still have games where he plays a big role. He was doing a great job of hounding Steph in the last series but the Warriors did a great job of kinda forcing Darvin Ham to sit him as they were sagging off him so much/packing the paint and he couldn’t get a shot to go

Arguably the biggest piece from that trade . Everyone focused on D-Lo but Vanderbilt has been more of an X-Factor in the playoffs .

Speaking of D-Lo he has to play better . He struggled and didn’t play any of the 4th I believe .
I'd not count on D'Lo. He's not serious enough for this level of competition. He won't get dirty and fight. Just hope he hits a few open shots and then stays out of the way. Personally and this may make you laugh seeing how mid to awful he's been as a Laker--I'd see if Beasley can provide something off the bench. He shot well/played well in Denver and see if he can provide some makes on those open looks.

The D'Lo I saw in MN was this guy and PlayAwf(ul) Russell has been far too present this Postseason.

The Lakers staff figured out to let AD roam and it worked all '20 because they had Dwight/Javale to play the 5 spot-keep AD fresh and then let him pick possessions to defend guys like Jokic in the 4th. I'm not sure Rui is going to hold up doing that-but they almost stole a game they had 0 business being in. All time NBA Scoring leader getting an open 3 to tie....I'll take that more times than not.

I'd not count on D'Lo. He's not serious enough for this level of competition. He won't get dirty and fight. Just hope he hits a few open shots and then stays out of the way. Personally and this may make you laugh seeing how mid to awful he's been as a Laker--I'd see if Beasley can provide something off the bench. He shot well/played well in Denver and see if he can provide some makes on those open looks.

The D'Lo I saw in MN was this guy and PlayAwf(ul) Russell has been far too present this Postseason.

The Lakers staff figured out to let AD roam and it worked all '20 because they had Dwight/Javale to play the 5 spot-keep AD fresh and then let him pick possessions to defend guys like Jokic in the 4th. I'm not sure Rui is going to hold up doing that-but they almost stole a game they had 0 business being in. All time NBA Scoring leader getting an open 3 to tie....I'll take that more times than not.
Inserting Beasley in this series probably isn’t a bad idea. He’s capable of hitting shots.

On the Denver side KCP was huge tonight . In the second half he hitting big shots . Bruce Brown too . If those two are producing like that they are going to be damn near unbeatable .

Inserting Beasley in this series probably isn’t a bad idea. He’s capable of hitting shots.

On the Denver side KCP was huge tonight . In the second half he hitting big shots . Bruce Brown too . If those two are producing like that they are going to be damn near unbeatable .
Always been a big fan of Bruce Brown and that was a great pickup for Nuggets. KCP is going to be KCP and he's got a chip on his shoulder as he should. The dagger was really seeing Old ass brick tosser from 3pt line Jeff Green sink that corner 3 which at the time seemed harmless but you work to get it down and think of that shot. Guaranteed Green doesn't scrape iron if that look was in a 1 possession game either way. But front running lubricant on the shooting elbow is a crazy thing when up double digits. LOL

In fairness, he only played 10 minutes. JV's role and playing time got pushed back after the Lakers switched to the small ball starting lineup with Austin Reaves at the 3 and Lebron at the 4.

But I kinda doubt that continues. Going small made good sense against the Warriors, but it didn't work against Denver tonight. I suspect Vanderbilt will be getting more time in upcoming games.

Reactions: shaudyshaud

Aloha Shaudyshsud:

Sorry, I don’t follow the NBA much..at all… until playoff’s are well underway… Q: who is D-Lo?

Mahalo

AlohaCat

Reactions: shaudyshaud
JV was a great pickup for LA. He’s not out there for his scoring. He’s an energy guy. Great defense. Very good rebounder. Great passer. Very high BB IQ. He’s a toughness player that the Lakers needed. Any scoring he does is just a bonus.

The Lakers played well last night. You can play well and lose.

Denver is better. And Denver played well. Jokic is great. He should have been MVP again this year.

This is going to be a good series. I think Denver wins it. But LA winning wouldn’t be a shock. LeBron has gotten to the finals with far less talent around him.

This Denver team is very good. They are deep. They have improved their defense. And they have home court advantage.

Lakers are going with Hachimura at the forward as he can shoot......Vanderbilt will not likely have a big role in this series as you have to score in the 110 or more to win these games.

Maybe if they get to finals and play Celtics...Vanderbilt will play more as is a better match up with Tatum/Brown on defensive end.

Lakers are going with Hachimura at the forward as he can shoot......Vanderbilt will not likely have a big role in this series as you have to score in the 110 or more to win these games.

Maybe if they get to finals and play Celtics...Vanderbilt will play more as is a better match up with Tatum/Brown on defensive end.
They didn't put Hachimura in place of JV. They started Schrooder, (sp?), instead. That worked against the Warriors. Once they put JV in the team played even the rest of the way.

Denver is the better team. LA is going to have play their best basketball of the season to win.

They didn't put Hachimura in place of JV. They started Schrooder, (sp?), instead. That worked against the Warriors. Once they put JV in the team played even the rest of the way.

Denver is the better team. LA is going to have play their best basketball of the season to win.
Yeah but the lineup for 4th qtr comeback was

Davis - C
Hachimura - PF
Lebron - SF
Reeves - SG
Shroeder - PG

So I'd expect to see a heavier does of Hachimura on Jokic...with Davis lurking and playing off Gordon to clog it up a bit more. So they're goign to sit Vanderbilt in this rotation in favor of Hachimura.

Reactions: jbne222
Always been a big fan of Bruce Brown and that was a great pickup for Nuggets. KCP is going to be KCP and he's got a chip on his shoulder as he should. The dagger was really seeing Old ass brick tosser from 3pt line Jeff Green sink that corner 3 which at the time seemed harmless but you work to get it down and think of that shot. Guaranteed Green doesn't scrape iron if that look was in a 1 possession game either way. But front running lubricant on the shooting elbow is a crazy thing when up double digits. LOL
I think Russel has been a huge spark for the Lakers. He’s been playing pretty good in the games I’ve watched making shots from outside at least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT