ADVERTISEMENT

Ja'quize Cross talks UK commitment and recruiting

..."It feels like home and just like Kentucky's motto this year #WhyNot?" he said of his commitment. "I had a feeling the offer was coming, they just kept telling me to be patient. They like my speed and aggressiveness."
With UK looking at Cross as a potential three-technique and/or hybrid defensive tackle, he found the instruction at the recent camp as a possible preview of what it will be like while preparing for SEC competition.
"I liked everything about the camp," he said. "With (defensive line) coach (Jimmy) Brumbaugh, he coaches just like my high school D-line coach. The examples he makes and the intensity, that's what I wanted I know.
"He can get me to be the best I can be. I'm just extremely thankful."
Cross, who wants to major in electrical engineering in college, admits he's unsure of the whether or not he'll continue to take recruiting visits going forward. Tennessee and Ole Miss are among many programs in contact despite having yet to offer the three-star at this time...

Reactions: robo222
Electrical engineering. Yes this kid is smart.

As an EE graduate from UK I would say he had better be smart but also plan on putting tons of time in studying, lots of homework in EE that you can't get out of and probably even a lot more in all the things required in football. If he is going to do that the first thing I would recommend is redshirting to give him time to adjust to both and to spread his studies out over a longer stretch of time, but that probably is UK's plan already.

He will probably graduate in 3 years and enter draft early. We are loading up on NFL quality talent!!!

As an EE graduate from UK I would say he had better be smart but also plan on putting tons of time in studying, lots of homework in EE that you can't get out of and probably even a lot more in all the things required in football. If he is going to do that the first thing I would recommend is redshirting to give him time to adjust to both and to spread his studies out over a longer stretch of time, but that probably is UK's plan already.

Hmm are you saying that all schools are not like UNC where they just show up and get a degree and never go to class??

Hmm are you saying that all schools are not like UNC where they just show up and get a degree and never go to class??

I think those were pretty special classes, all I know is that I don't ever remember seeing a scholarship athlete in any of my EE courses at UK, not that I couldn't have missed a lesser one.

I think those were pretty special classes, all I know is that I don't ever remember seeing a scholarship athlete in any of my EE courses at UK, not that I couldn't have missed a lesser one.
i had several UK football players in my speech class the year we went 1 and 10. one of my speeches was on "UK should cheat" it was mostly a comedy bit but a couple of the players agreed with me and gave examples of kids coming on visits and loving the school and campus and everything associated with it. then they'd go on a visit to another school and on return visits would ask about "extra" perks and then would sign elsewhere. they seemed to think that every school in the sec was paying players except for us and vandy. lol... not sure much has changed since the early 90's...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT