ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray reclassifying to 2015 & announcing college on ESPNU

Would love to have the kid here at UK but whomever he picks,I wish him the best.
Having said that,C'mon Jamal and let everybody know your Big Blue bound.

Consensus is Oregon Ducks frontrunners per Canadian sports affiliate
No one knows, but that's fine if he does. Clearly no one player will make or break UK's season. Sure he will be a great addition. UK still has the number 2 class coming in including two players that are #1 at their repsective positions.

If anything, if Calipari miss it out on him, then it may reignited a fire in him to really put us back at the #1 recruting class for 2016.

It's crazy that Calipari's down year in recruiting is the #2 recruiting class. UK fans are spoiled.

Reactions: catman111
This leads me to believe that Isiah Briscoe knows/knew more about Jamal Murray's recruitment and interest than most of us. We can hope Jamal wants to be at UK - but UK is not for everyone, only those who can read and write, especially the proverbial writing on the wall - lols! The NBA seems much easier to get to thru UK and I think this week will/should make an impression on those with those aspirations.

Go Big Blue!

This leads me to believe that Isiah Briscoe knows/knew more about Jamal Murray's recruitment and interest than most of us. We can hope Jamal wants to be at UK - but UK is not for everyone, only those who can read and write, especially the proverbial writing on the wall - lols! The NBA seems much easier to get to thru UK and I think this week will/should make an impression on those with those aspirations.

Go Big Blue!
What is this in reference to?? Must have missed something

Can someone in the know PLEASE explain Oregon's scholarship situation?! I've researched it several times and I see no available spots or any outs to get one. How are they even in the running?

Can someone in the know PLEASE explain Oregon's scholarship situation?! I've researched it several times and I see no available spots or any outs to get one. How are they even in the running?

You know it's possible to make room, right?

More often than not, when big recruits announce on ESPNU, it's good news for UK. Would be cool if that's the case again, but ah, I dunno, and I'm not that worried about it either way. If he goes to UK, cool. If not, oh well.
It's understandable why Canadian recruiting services pick Murray to Oregon. Oregon's coach recruits Canada very well, and he's been on Murray for 3 years or so now.
That said, consider these things:
- Oregon has zero scholarships available right now,and Murray has already announced his reclass, which makes me think that he didn't pick Oregon.
- Murray said he's going to do what's best for him long-term, said he wants to be the top pick in the draft
- Being announced on ESPNU, which is usually good for us.
- Doesn't make much sense to reclass for Oregon. He wasn't considering reclassing before UK came into the picture.

It is, but why would he choose to reclass for Oregon without knowing if Oregon would cut anybody for him? Again, I look to him not even considering a reclass until UK came calling.

I think Oregon opened Up A scholarship within the last 2 weeks if I'm not mistaken

I'm okay with whoever he decides, but if we could get him, it will solidify us with any injuries in the backcourt.

I think Murray has a close friend going to Oregon, hence the big interest. Oregon could be very good next year as well.

It is just getting a little annerving that we can't add anyone else to the class.

Also, what did Briscoe say about Murray?

It is just getting a little annerving that we can't add anyone else to the class.

Also, what did Briscoe say about Murray?

Nothing in particular. If anything he may have sounded like he was getting tired of being asked about Murry and UK and made mention that he was going to UK with a goal in mind. Some people then to put more into a statement then what was actually said.

What is this in reference to?? Must have missed something
Recent interview with Briscoe where Briscoe was asked about Jamal Murray. Briscoe said it didn't matter if they got Murray or not and he didn't care of Murray came to UK or not. You can read from that statement what you wish, but to me from the tone of the article, het was not expecting Murray to attend UK. Hope I am wrong!

Go Big Blue!

I think Oregon opened Up A scholarship within the last 2 weeks if I'm not mistaken
There was a player from Oregon State not Oregon dismissed from their team a couple of weeks ago that someone posted on here. Not seen so far a player cut from the Ducks though. However as noted above they can make room for him I am sure. He does not have to have a spot to commit. He does not need an open scholarship until school starts I think. .

Recent interview with Briscoe where Briscoe was asked about Jamal Murray. Briscoe said it didn't matter if they got Murray or not and he didn't care of Murray came to UK or not. You can read from that statement what you wish, but to me from the tone of the article, het was not expecting Murray to attend UK. Hope I am wrong!

Go Big Blue!

If he really cared, would he really have a clue? Probably not lol. I think Briscoe genuinely just doesn't care, and is ready for his career at UK to begin. I am as well.

Why would you reclassify to go to Oregon? And for that matter, why would you get on ESPNU to tell everybody about it? Nobody cares about Oregon basketball.
Nobody cares or will ever care. But Murray cares about that sweetheart Nike endorsement deal he'll get from Knight.

Reactions: WildcatAL77
I don't know why some of yall act like you don't worry about this. This is huge. He's the missing link. The difference in being a regular ole top 10 team, or the best damn team in college basketball. This is life and death. Yall need to figure that out. I think we'll get him with all that said.

Clearly. My point is that at least with squads like IU the moves are made before the recruit is ready to make a decision. Why would Murray go there with no official spot for him? That's bad for team chemistry to cut one of Oregon's athletes this late in the game, even if you add a talent like Murray. I think Oregon would do it if necessary but the fact that they haven't yet is telling. "Cutting" NCAA players is very shady. The commitment from the new guy almost always comes after the school and other player have split.

I don't know why some of yall act like you don't worry about this. This is huge. He's the missing link. The difference in being a regular ole top 10 team, or the best damn team in college basketball. This is life and death. Yall need to figure that out. I think we'll get him with all that said.

UK fans are spoiled. It's a good thing most of the time.

You are spot on with this. With him we are easily the best team and might lose 1-3 games , without him we still are top 5 but could drop 4-7 games . thats a big difference .

If (as his dad said)they are looking at the long term then UK is the right choice.If you are as good as you think the shoe and clothing contracts will come,the chance to test yourself on the biggest stage and be in the mix for a NCAA championship will come at UK.not Oregon.

We are overstocked at the guard spots but Murray takes us to a whole other level.Maybe Mulder being here pays dividends before he even has his first practice.

You are spot on with this. With him we are easily the best team and might lose 1-3 games , without him we still are top 5 but could drop 4-7 games . thats a big difference .

I think the group with Murray could still lose 4-6 games next year. The advantage is they would be much better come tourney time compared to the group without him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT