ADVERTISEMENT

Jahlil Okafor drops 76ers jersey like it's trash

It's a jersey, not an American flag. You sweat in it and then toss it in the locker room floor when the game is over.

Okafor seems like a good guy, and I don't know of a single instance in his past to suggest otherwise, especially for a kid who grew up in Chicago, under the national spotlight and without his mom

Didn't Okafor say a few weeks ago there's no way he'd go play for the Timberwolves? I remember that; and KAT has embraced Minny. Says a lot for having UK class.

You don't think coaches & players are smart enough to make a foul look unintentional? If he doesn't improve from 51%, I guarantee you his big arse is shooting FT's all night.

You don't think the league offices aren't smart enough to make the rule so a foul off the ball results in free throws and the ball back? It's already that way in the last two minutes of regulation.

I can't stand Duke or much of anything about that program but this really is stretching it. He didn't throw it down like it was trash and it wasn't thrown on the floor like some said either. There's plenty of other better stuff to complain about Duke and their coach/players than something silly like this.

You don't think the league offices aren't smart enough to make the rule so a foul off the ball results in free throws and the ball back? It's already that way in the last two minutes of regulation.

So that makes it ok that he barely shoots 51% from the charity strip & plays weak Defense?

I love how wveryone knows what he was thinking. This story is a non story right now. But will be written when the season starts, as far as everyone knowing he doesnt wanna be in Philly. I hate dook as much as anyone. But this is blatantly unfair towards the kid.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
In that whole 2 second clip(13 seconds faster than pitino) it looks worse than it really is. The funniest thing was the dude on our left, looks at how the number 3 overall pick sets his jersey down and kind of laughs about it.

I hate dook as much as anyone. But this is blatantly unfair towards the kid.

Unfair = bullshit. He quit being a "kid" when he gave himself over to the Duke brand for the purpose of marketing himself into the position that got himself where he is. If he isn't smart enough to know to be damn careful with every single twitch of his being the first time he holds his professional employer's sacred garment in public view for the first time then he deserves whatever comes his way. He wouldn't have flopped a Lakers jersey and turned his back so quickly as the #2 pick. I hope the Philly fans crucify him. There is only one acceptable presentation on draft night and that is to beam with joy from ear to stinking ear - literally and figuratively. Entering a man's world comes with tough lessons and Okafor gets to learn his sooner than later. Sucks to be him, but then again not so much.

Reactions: anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
Truth is if he's rookie of the year and scores 20 a game helping his team win, then he could use that jersey as toilet paper and would be cheered.

Unfair = bullshit. He quit being a "kid" when he gave himself over to the Duke brand for the purpose of marketing himself into the position that got himself where he is. If he isn't smart enough to know to be damn careful with every single twitch of his being the first time he holds his professional employer's sacred garment in public view for the first time then he deserves whatever comes his way. He wouldn't have flopped a Lakers jersey and turned his back so quickly as the #2 pick. I hope the Philly fans crucify him. There is only one acceptable presentation on draft night and that is to beam with joy from ear to stinking ear - literally and figuratively. Entering a man's world comes with tough lessons and Okafor gets to learn his sooner than later. Sucks to be him, but then again not so much.

This might be the single dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum. Unless it's sarcasm, then it's brilliant (especially the bolded).

ADVERTISEMENT