ADVERTISEMENT

Jahlil Okafor drops 76ers jersey like it's trash

Yeah, that won't sit too well with Philly fans. They can be brutal.

Well he only needed a year to pick up the dukie sense that I'm better than you.

I won't read too much else into it but dude seems to have a bad attitude.

Reactions: LineSkiCat
cant believe this is going to turn into a thing. is a freaking jersey.
I'm whatever about it, myself......but I do know enough Sixers fans who will be offended. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but, at the same time, doubt it was anything intentionally malicious.

Reactions: wild mandu
Non-story. I hate Duke, but c'mon...

You guys are right about Philly fans, though. They boo the national anthem.

Reactions: LetsHang#9
He did not drop it on the floor, for those of you that think he has a bad attitude... He is so tall that the table was just out of frame. He just dropped it on the table after the picture was done. He's a good kid with a good attitude, and he's going to be a very good player in the league. I know this has already been said and shown in the thread multiple times, but some people are still making something out of nothing. Don't be that guy, people.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
You didn't miss the table because he is tall, you missed because the camera didn't show it. Looks like to me he gave it a wave to fold it then dropped it on the table. No disrespect.

In 40 plus years as a sports fan, I have only seen one team that was as inept as this Philly team. That was the Cavaliers back in the 70s, who were so bad that the League actually stepped in, and had to give the new owner free draft picks because the previous guy gave them away. What is Philly doing? Trust the process? Didn't understand the Embiid pick last year and don't understand the Okafor pick this year. Noel is your one solid starter. Build around him, not on top of him.

He put the jersey down after the pic was taken and presser was over. Was he supposed to take it with him and kiss on it and cuddle with it? This is a non story.

Yeah, after watching it again, it wasn't anything. Seemed very disrespectful at first, but not so much on second viewing.

its amazing to me that so many folks still believe that all these athletes think and feel the same way as they do.

How do you know he has a goo attitude Ofange king???

Because he's always been classy and humble in interviews, was a good team player on a good team, never had on-the-court or off-the-court issues, never sulked about falling to No. 3... Need I go on?

And how do you know he has a bad attitude?

It's ok to not be a fan of players, but fabricating something out of nothing is silly. There are many more dislikabe Dukies than Okafor.

Reactions: Bkocats
Who said he dropped it on the floor? The title of the thread says he drops the jersey like it's trash.

Right. Who cares where he dropped it. He was obviously disgusted and his non verbals were terrible. Dropping it on the table or the floor really makes no difference.

In 40 plus years as a sports fan, I have only seen one team that was as inept as this Philly team. That was the Cavaliers back in the 70s, who were so bad that the League actually stepped in, and had to give the new owner free draft picks because the previous guy gave them away. What is Philly doing? Trust the process? Didn't understand the Embiid pick last year and don't understand the Okafor pick this year. Noel is your one solid starter. Build around him, not on top of him.
Noel can play the 4. Drafting Embiid made sense last year. A case can be made for drafting Okafor since Embiid apparently had a setback. Lakers taking Russell jacked up their plan

Noel can play the 4. Drafting Embiid made sense last year. A case can be made for drafting Okafor since Embiid apparently had a setback. Lakers taking Russell jacked up their plan

The Lakers screwed em up big time with that. Philly still could have taken Mudiay, but I didn't think they were going to want him given that they just traded a point guard in Carter-Williams who has tons of trouble shooting (which is supposed to be Mudiay's biggest weakness)

As far as Jahlil and the jersey, it won't be a big deal at the end of the day, but I can see how and why in this day and age something like this can be turned into a short term story.

Okafor is the most arrogant SOB I've seen in a long time. Philly is going to eat him alive.

What a non issue. Just a stupid thread and trying to make something out of nothing.

Here's the real concern: Can he shoot better than 51% from the FT Line?

If not, he won't be on the floor during crunch time. Get ready for hack-a-Okafor.

He better pick that jersey up, put it on, and get to the gym to practice free throws.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
What a non issue. Just a stupid thread and trying to make something out of nothing.

Truth. There are plenty... and I mean plenty... of bona fide reasons to despise anything Dookie-related... but this isn't one of them.

Truth be told he's probably pissed as hell. Lakers are the best franchise in the NBA and one of the best in sports (God I hated typing that). Sixers are a dumpster fire. All year long he thought he was the number one pick. Now he's slated for a lot less money and 60-70 losses his first year.

ADVERTISEMENT