ADVERTISEMENT

Jadon Lafontant Committed

Offer list is kind of ehhh, but he's got some Ivy league offers, so he's a smart kid. Definitely a project tho.

Offer list is kind of ehhh, but he's got some Ivy league offers, so he's a smart kid. Definitely a project tho.
You see I’ve been telling buddies at work this exact same thing. Idk man…it just seems we don’t need to burn as many scholarships on “projects “ nowadays? I’m pretty bummed besides Boley about the start of the ‘24 class tbh. I trust Stoops and Marrow but we need to be taking that next step?!

Reactions: Ky grandpa
  • 320 lbs
  • Ivy League intellect
  • Wrestler
Win….Win….Win

Great pickup

GBB!
TBD in my opinion. I hope like hell he turns into a beast but I have some doubts. Go prove myself and the naysayers wrong big guy! I’d LOVE TO WITNESS IT!

SEC size for sure for a guard. I trust the coaches evaluations and the ugly truth every offensive lineman is a project but I think the days of us signing just what if raw kids have been over awhile. Welcome aboard

I would add, we signed a 5 star offensive lineman last class..... how did that work out? People get caught up to much in ratings, not realizing a lot of those ratings are based on their class of kids and their what if scenarios. For me its a starting point, but football is about the right fit, the right staff and work ethic. If you have the right measurables and athletic traits, which this young man does, then you have as good as shot as any if you are willing to work

This player might well end up a 4 Star.

I think the ratings services have started giving us the “benefit of the doubt,” as several of our Three Star commits last year added a 4th by NSD.

I hope we keep him!
His HS coach talks about how low key he is, and is loyal when making decisions. Spends all his time in weight room.

Agree his rating will go up, dude is a beast with a mean streak.

His HS coach talks about how low key he is, and is loyal when making decisions. Spends all his time in weight room.

Agree his rating will go up, dude is a beast with a mean streak.
It feels like we've been missing the "mean streak" characteristic lately.

Of course, being a dominant O-lineman who just pancaked a couple of defensive players makes it easier to have a mean streak, but I'm willing to accept an Unnecessary Roughness penalty now and then in exchange for a BBW that puts some fear and intimidation into the other team.

Top 100 OL in the country. Listed anywhere from 6-3 285 to 6-4 320. So Johnson and Lafontant OG's, means Selm possibly OT?
Many will agree with you. On this, I am in the minority. IMO Selm will be an OG at the next level. I believe all three of our current OL commits will end up playing in the interior. Apparently we are still having a hard time getting OTs. I don't think we will sign McRoy either. Expecting to see more OT prospects come onto UK's radar during the summer and fall.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Many will agree with you. On this, I am in the minority. IMO Selm will be an OG at the next level. I believe all three of our current OL commits will end up playing in the interior. Apparently we are still having a hard time getting OTs. I don't think we will sign McRoy either. Expecting to see more OT prospects come onto UK's radar during the summer and fall.
Not trying to be disagreeable but have read elsewhere where Johnson is listed as an OT and Selm an OG but same source stated Selm was more athletic. Maybe you have touched on another thread but thoughts? Could either Johnson or Selm project at least as a ROT given the opportunity?

Not trying to be disagreeable but have read elsewhere where Johnson is listed as an OT and Selm an OG but same source stated Selm was more athletic. Maybe you have touched on another thread but thoughts? Could either Johnson or Selm project at least as a ROT given the opportunity?
Johnson def is a OG. He also isnt in great shape just look at his OV pics. Then had a bad camp. JR said he struggled, others said he got dominated by guys that arent D1 caliber. No way he is an OT and sounds like he has some work to do to make it at all

Johnson def is a OG. He also isnt in great shape just look at his OV pics. Then had a bad camp. JR said he struggled, others said he got dominated by guys that arent D1 caliber. No way he is an OT and sounds like he has some work to do to make it at all
Johnson and Wood both have a long way to go to get themselves prepared for SEC battle. Will depend on what kind of mind set and determination they have if they have a chance to contribute. Stoops program, with the way it has the ability to bring in high ceiling players and the work they expect from every player, the least dedicated gets left behind.

See this is what’s discouraging as hell. Hayes Johnson sounds by all accounts like a great kid, but we don’t need just great kids, we need great football players! I really hope that he wasn’t as bad at camp as what’s been reported? Dominated by players that aren’t even D1? Really?? Should we not be past taking questionable players? Super frustrating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT