ADVERTISEMENT

IVAN RABB - HoopHall 2015

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
IVAN RABB - Bishop
O'Dowd H.S.
(Oakland, CA); 2015 PF; 6'-10"; 210; 5-Star; 247Sports rank 7; California & FG 11/15; 3's 0/0; FT 2/6; Reb 12; PF 3; TP 24; A 1; TO 3; Blk 5; Stl 1 - I had never seen Ivan live nor on TV, so I didn't know what to expect. He had a high ankle sprain at the Under-17 in Dubai last summer, so I would think that delayed his growth this season. It doesn't seem as if UK is high on his list with California the leader, but after seeing the way he played this game I
really like his game and think it would be perfect for UK. Best game by a big man I have seen this year. He is listed in the game program as a forward and 247 lists him as a PF, but I could see him playing a lot of 4-5 next year, ala Karl Anthony Towns. Runs the floor. Fights for position and not afraid of contact. Many high school bigs post up, but make themselves small. Rabb showed flashes of posting up BIG, making a good target for teammates' entry passes. Will need to post like this more often, however. Very good foot work which often frees him up for shots. Showed nice spin moves to the hoop, using either hand equally. Handled the didn't shoot any 3's. Got 20 of his 24 points in the paint. Was a force with 12 boards and 5 blocks and this was against Jaylen Brown's Wheeler H S team, not some cupcake team.

This post was edited on 1/31 2:28 PM by UKPhilly

ADVERTISEMENT