ADVERTISEMENT

It's Happening...

The realization Kentucky is capable of doing it. #BlameBarnhart
Actually, since the introduction of NIL, we have landed one HS 5 Star, who is now at Auburn (ironically, he has fewer wins,
less PT and less money), and
have landed a couple more in the portal.

Yes our NIL isn't great but it did help up land Vandagriff, by paying him a respectable oh I'd guess mid 6 figures

There are exceptions, but they have been few since at least the 70’s.

Our first probation under Curci resulted from an occurrence in 1975, when a newspaperman asked an Alabama player why he had come to Kentucky instead of Bama or Auburn, and he honestly said the money was better at Kentucky.

In his first year at UK, during his call in show, Hal Mumme was asked the main difference between coaching at a school like Valdosta State and coaching at UK. He bluntly said, “We couldn’t afford players as good as we have here.” Full Stop.

Tom Leach jumped in, and said, “You are
talking about the cost of facilities, aren’t
you?” Mumme quickly affirmed he was talking about the cost of the facilities?!?!?

My old friend RV was at the event, in a restaurant in Lexington. He told me he dropped his fork into his plate when Mumme made the gaff. I was driving my car and shouted at the radio, “You can’t say that publicly. . . .” before Leach’s clean-up.
I remember this exchange, and crapping my pants at the time.

Yes our NIL isn't great but it did help up land Vandagriff, by paying him a respectable oh I'd guess mid 6 figures
The issue is that it doesn’t feel we are reaching what we are capable of at all due to being held back by administration. No reason we can’t do what Ole Miss and Missouri are doing.

The issue is that it doesn’t feel we are reaching what we are capable of at all due to being held back by administration. No reason we can’t do what Ole Miss and Missouri are doing.

"it doesn't feel"? Give me a break.

What is Stoops' record against MO? Do you know?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT