ADVERTISEMENT

Its going to be Kentucky and everyone else!

KWilt43atbuzz

All-American
Nov 18, 2012
Everyone is saying UNC but when was the last time UNC had only 1 recruit in the top 150 and that recruit is only #89!?
They have no chance and neither will Duke or Maryland.
Kentucky has 6 five star athletes and if you include Murray as a top 10 recruit which we know he is , you are looking at 4 players in the top 10 of their respective classes:
Skal
Briscoe
Murray
Poythress

Plus we have 3 five star veterans in Poy, Lee and Ulis to show the new guys the ropes.

I think this team has the perfect blend of vets and newcomers especially when you throw in Hawkins and Willis to go along with Mulder and Matthews.

No way this team loses more than 3-4 gms.

I expect about 5 to 6 losses. This team is better constructed for the college game than last year's squad, but they will still be featuring three starting freshmen and three elite guards trying to learn to play together. There will be some bumpy roads.

I feel the '15-16 Cats will be the best team in the nation by the time the tournament rolls around, however. UNC, Duke, Kansas, and Maryland will all challenge, and I see the champion coming from one of those four teams or Kentucky. I would put UK ahead of all of them based on talent, however. Hopefully it plays out and UK gets some breaks in April. Seeing Alex and Tyler win a title together would be special, and I feel like getting Cal a 2nd title would be huge.

Last edited:
I can't wait for the season to start, it's gonna be fun:popcorn:

I was overwhelmed with excitement about last year's squad, but my excitement for this upcoming season is pretty close, but in a different way. I don't think I've ever seen a team featuring three elite guards playing at one time, certainly not on the college level, and certainly not with a skilled 5 man like Skal to balance out the other side of the offense.

It's going to be a very interesting season. I can't wait. Plus, the added bonus of having guys like Ulis, Matthews, Murray and Briscoe running the open court together in transition? Wow.

We will average less than 10 turnovers a game!!!!! Hard to lose with that many more possessions than other team

Wont need alot of size. We will have all the size we need with Skal at 6'11, Lee at 6'10 and Poy at 6'8 all 5 star McDonalds AA.

Some of you guys need to temper the enthusiasm..Wow..We will be very young and won't have a lot of size..As Frankie says. Relax.
-We are always young. However, we return Ullis, Poy and Lee - all gave us significant minutes last year.
-Mulder and Matthews are crazy athletes with skills.
-Briscoe is a stud but may struggle to find his role for a while.
-Skal reminds me of Davis with his all around game.
-Poy and Lee will absolutely clean up with the guards we have breaking down defenses and throwing the lob for dunks.
-Murray will play more like a soph due to the experience he is getting at PanAm games playing against older guys.
-Our size? Not as big as last year but similar to 2012

We will be fun to watch and will be very, very good!

I, too, wish we had another good big but I'm still pretty pumped for the upcoming season and see what this team really can do. I don't think there is any doubt that this team will really be fun to watch, no question about that. And, they really do have an excellent shot at winning #9. That's all we can ask heading into a new season, just to be competitive and have a decent shot at a title. This team should be both of those. I'm definitely looking forward to the season with enthusiasm way up there but knowing we are no lock for a title either, not going that far, YET.

Guys we may be sickining good.
We have to wait and see how they gel but judging from Cals track record we are going to be a nasty group of ballers that will be very hard to top.

Our Achilles heel has always been shorter faster guard teams bothering us.. This season we get to be that Achilles heel to other teams..
Very true. Loved the twins, but they were not great at penetrating and creating. This team shouldnt have that problem.

We're the best team in the country hands down. Alpha dog baby! We wont lose no more than 3 games bet on it. We literally have everything a championship team needs and probably the number 1 and 3 draft picks in the draft next year.

UK has Murray and Skal and a bunch of 4or 5 star role players. .. Kentucky will be Top Dawg once again. .

UK should have dominate guard play entering March. That bodes well for a another final 4 and title run. There was so much pressure on those kids last year that I think I may enjoy this coming year better than last year.

Reactions: brianpoe
This feels like the 2010-11 season- great freshman class, young players oversll on the roster. Will lose a few games, but we'll get better and better as the days go by.

UK should have dominate guard play entering March. That bodes well for a another final 4 and title run. There was so much pressure on those kids last year that I think I may enjoy this coming year better than last year.
First of all, is that you in your avatar?

Secondly, yes, hoops is a guard/perimeter game, and we'll have the best set of guards/perimeter players in the nation.

Obviously there is a 100% chance we go undefeated and win the title. What do y'all think about making t shirts about going undefeated? [banana]

Guys we may be sickining good.
We have to wait and see how they gel but judging from Cals track record we are going to be a nasty group of ballers that will be very hard to top.

What else could happen based on his track record? I say if we get to the EE or FF hopefully Kenny Payne says "Cal, get out of the way and let these boys play".

Reactions: ArmyWildcat81
I like this team and I'm very optimistic about the season. These young players are certainly capable of going on a late season run and winning it all. Of course a championship is far from certain but these Wildcats are definitely contenders.

20r42v7.jpg

Elite level guard play is ALWAYS critical come tournament time. No one in the country will have as much talent and depth as we will this coming season. If we can keep our bigs healthy, we could be looking at #9 next April. On a side note, I really get a kick of fans from other programs coming on our sites. This tells me that we are indeed the place to be for all things involving college basketball.

Everyone is saying UNC but when was the last time UNC had only 1 recruit in the top 150 and that recruit is only #89!?
They have no chance and neither will Duke or Maryland.
Kentucky has 6 five star athletes and if you include Murray as a top 10 recruit which we know he is , you are looking at 4 players in the top 10 of their respective classes:
Skal
Briscoe
Murray
Poythress

Plus we have 3 five star veterans in Poy, Lee and Ulis to show the new guys the ropes.

I think this team has the perfect blend of vets and newcomers especially when you throw in Hawkins and Willis to go along with Mulder and Matthews.

No way this team loses more than 3-4 gms.

Kentucky had 38 five stars last year and didn't won a title.

I thought the stupidity and crazy threads from preseason last year would disappear for this season esp with so much doom and gloom after the season ended. Guess not. Just let this team be. A solid core but so many question marks and the last thing they need is ridiculous expectations like last season. I think this is more of a Cal team than the past few seasons. Slashing guards, tight rotation, and athletic, not versatile bigs.However, you have three PGs which is going to lead to some bumps along the way esp as the team tries to gel. I think this team will still struggle to score at times but will find ways to score and defend. I'm going to let them tip it off and play a few games before I get fired up for a March run. They are capable but will need some things to come together.

Reactions: Jazzycat
Wont need alot of size. We will have all the size we need with Skal at 6'11, Lee at 6'10 and Poy at 6'8 all 5 star McDonalds AA.

What do high school accolades have to do with Lee and Poythress? After 5 years combined of college basketball , they've shown themselves to be average players. They will certainly play a role, but listing their high accolades is silly. What have they done in college?

Duke repeats.

We all know you would love this to happen.

Actually, Murray was a little exposed in the PAG. Make him go right, he becomes average.

We watched those games.

"The announcer said he likes going left and they keep letting him go left."

Please indicate the game and time when he went right and was average?

You know who is average? KU most of the time, except when we beat your ass by 32, then you are below average.

Reactions: KyFord
ADVERTISEMENT