ADVERTISEMENT

Isaac Humpries FIBA U-17 stats breakdown of each game

Kid put ip 41 pts 19 boards and 5 blocks on 16/23 fg and 9/11 ft against Canada...curious if Canada had anyone near his height.

He only had 8 pts and 7 boards against the US....had only 5 shot attempts....looks like he was game planned against to limit his touches.

The current rule — which has been in place since 2005, when the players' union agreed to bar future high-schoolers from entering the draft in exchange for some financial concessions more beneficial to players who were already in the league — prevents a player from playing in the NBA until he's been eligible for at least one draft. In order to be eligible, you must be at least 19 during the calendar year in which that draft takes place; if you're an American-born prospect, you have to be at least one year removed from high school.

A few very telling stats here.

The obvious one is in the Canadian game. He had a 3 inch height advantage over the Canadian center, but still yet, he shot 16/23 from the field (that's a 69.6 FG%), and scored 41 points. That's solid when having anybody defending you.

Throughout the duration of the tournament, he shot a very solid 57.6 FG%

Throughout the 7 game tournament, he shot 41 free throws (nearly 6 per game, which is very good in the 28.3 mpg that he averaged), and shot a ridiculous 82.9% from the free throw stripe, as a 16 year old big man. That's a terrific indicator for shooting potential, of course, you could watch his games and see that he shoots very well from mid-range.

Reactions: brianpoe
I think some fans see a white guy outside of the top 25 and assume he won't be an impact player. The videos I have seen were very impressive. Scouts that have seen him play a lot say he will be an impact guy from day one. He has great size, shoots it well from the mid range, has nice moves and touch around the basket and seems decently mobile. Nothing about this kid screams project. 7 footers with skill don't stick around in college very long.

This kid looks very legit. I see a kid that let's the game come to him. He appears to be a good passer shooter,and rebounds his area. He may become more practicing with exceptional team mates.:)

I think some fans see a white guy outside of the top 25 and assume he won't be an impact player.

It's hilarious. We see guys like Dennis Smith Jr. dominating undersized, physically outmatched amateur talent and form narratives that paint these players as easily making the transition to the next level. When a 7'0" white guy dominates a 6'7" big, it's almost immediately dismissed.

For the purposes of college basketball, I'll take a 7 footer who makes his living dominating smaller opponents, given that that's all he'll face. I know we had three of them this year, but guys that size are ultra rare at the elite level.

Put it this way: there's the same height difference between this kid and Boogie as there is between Boogie and Poythress.

The best part of all this for this kid is he has ZERO pressure on him this coming season. If he shocks us all and comes in and dominates so much he is starting at Center with Skal at PF (hey you never know)...awesome. If he comes in and just gives us some good minutes here and there off the bench...no worries.

I think some fans see a white guy outside of the top 25 and assume he won't be an impact player. The videos I have seen were very impressive. Scouts that have seen him play a lot say he will be an impact guy from day one. He has great size, shoots it well from the mid range, has nice moves and touch around the basket and seems decently mobile. Nothing about this kid screams project. 7 footers with skill don't stick around in college very long.

More often than not their aren't. But Humphries does look talented. I think he's going to be a good addition after watching some highlights of him.

ADVERTISEMENT