ADVERTISEMENT

Is Mitchell a pro?

Jan 27, 2023
Basically every announcer calls him the most important player on the team and calls him complete and rounded, yet I don’t think I’ve heard one say that he’s a future pro. Will he get a chance to play in the NBA? If not, why not?

Last edited:
I think the NBA will ultimately expose his size and athleticism. He's making his mark because his basketball IQ and experience just far surpasses a lot of other players right now.

Like anyone else.. if you're good enough for the NBA, you'd be there. They find you.

But, if there's any place where he can get the tools he needs to make it to the NBA for a few years.. this is it. It's certainly possible.

I feel like he’s really good at a lot of things but he’s not overly strong, quick, or athletic. I’d guess he goes undrafted but gets picked up and gets a few minutes here and there for a year or two before going overseas.

Reactions: Fox2monk
His ceiling is what a Morris twin does if he can hang with players on defense a few minutes at a time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Col. Angus
Definitely a pro, just not sure about NBA or overseas.

He definitely has the skill set, just not sure about his athleticism and motor. Might depend on team and system fit. Can't imagine there wouldn't be a place for him on a roster as a stretch big who can pass the ball.

Reactions: Fox2monk
No.

He’s still in college because he’s not a pro player.

He’s a damn fine college player. He is not an NBA player.

Will he make money playing somewhere? Yes.

Poythress makes $1 mil a year now.

Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
He’s the same size as Cam Johnson who plays SF and SG in the NBA. Stretch 4s in the league are 7 feet. Imagine Mitchell guarding KD.

So can he develop the skills to be a 3 and D SF or SG? He’s on the bubble. His defense hasn’t been great but he should be better than he is.

He’ll get a look in the NBA but I think the defense will keep him mostly in G or overseas. I’ve been wrong before though!

He might have a chance if the right team/coach gets a hold of him. One that knows how to play up to his strengths, while masking his weaknesses.

Basically every announcer calls him the most important player on the team and calls him complete and rounded, yet I don’t think I’ve heard one say that he’s a future pro. Will he get a chance to play in the NBA? If not, why not?
I don’t know if he is athletic enough to really have a spot in the league but he is definitely skilled enough.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
He should get a shot but he will make most of his money playing overseas. Hell even Reid Travis went overseas for a few years and had a shot to make the NBA this year. Signed with the Pacers but now in the G-League with the Mad Ants.

Really good college player, doesn’t fit current nba😂 slow can’t jump not 7ft just knows how to play simple disagree but whatever

Who cares?!

He's a damn good college player that he plays for UK is a bonus. That's what we need ballers that aren't good enough for the NBA but elite in college.

That's how it's done.

Reactions: deep3
Probably not but I'd give him an outside chance to ride the bench on an NBA team for a few years. Last man in the rotation type of guy who manages to just hang on. He's a below average athlete by NBA standards, seems relatively slow footed and isn't a proficient enough shooter to make up for the shortcomings. Good college player and all, though.

Yes he’s a pro.

NBA ain’t the only pro ball.

But I would expect him to still get his shot at the NBA as a stretch 4 with his shooting and passing/vision. He would help a lot of teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT