ADVERTISEMENT

Is It Possible???

Pope's shotgun approach is just to get applications. Now he has weeded out those that don't want to come to Kentucky, those that are over priced, and those that won't fit in. we are down to starting interviews. He may have recruited over an early interviewee. Pope may not have put many players in the pros, but we have 2 assists that have. And have recruited at a high level.

Pope said in the first interview that I saw of him is how important off ball movement and cutting was. He said he told guys that players who are good cutters get ‘paid’ in the league. This isn’t a message that is going to sell. Who is the best cutter in the NBA today?

Pope said in the first interview that I saw of him is how important off ball movement and cutting was. He said he told guys that players who are good cutters get ‘paid’ in the league. This isn’t a message that is going to sell. Who is the best cutter in the NBA today?
I disagree. It is a message that will sell and Mark can probably name them to recruits.

The fit for the system thing is overdone. Great basketball players are great basketball players. I can assure you Pope is looking for great basketball players. Shooters, paint enforcers and athletes that do it all.
So guys that fit his system then?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT