ADVERTISEMENT

Is it me or is there a lot of empty seats...

Everybody at other schools listened to cal when he said it wasn’t important and decided not to go.

Even the blue bloods at auburn apparently lolol
Guess KU, Duke, and others listened too. Damn, Cal. Good job killing other programs as well

UK not there is why. The SEC is a UK homecoming. Has nothing to do with any other team.

Most of the people in there are UK fans that didn’t go home.

It’s always that way. If it’s a surprise then you haven’t been there before.

In 2013 the announced attendance on Sunday was 5000. And that was being generous.

Announced crowd was 16+ - didn't think there were quite that many there but it wasn't as bad as some here think.

They should team up, Cal can recruit and Barnes can coach the defense at least. Maybe between them two than can win something, Barnes at least won the regular season crown.
Try. But he always sucks ass In. March. Hell that UT team he had two years ago should’ve easily made an E8. Smoked in the S16.

CBB coaching is a young man’s game. And it’s showing lore by the day.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Try. But he always sucks ass In. March. Hell that UT team he had two years ago should’ve easily made an E8. Smoked in the S16.

I don’t think that’s entirely accurate. Pearl holds his own at a doormat program. Roy Williams had no problems winning big either. Barnes has always been this guy even when he was younger. Calipari has always been this way too, he’s just had overwhelming talent most places he’s been.

I think it’s better suited for younger guys like anything else to a degree, but I don’t think it’s necessary. Coach K was making final fours at retirement too.

Calipari and Barnes are really bad coaches who’ve landed some good players. Califarti has had the better players therefore he’s got the final fours.

A fool would have played the 3 R’s and started them all year. A fool would have also had Knecht get Vescovi involved and played for March, set more screens, etc.

They are stupid horrible coaches. It’s hard to believe they were able to get this far given how awful they are. I spoke to a high school assistant coach at the square after the KS sweet 16. He went on for an hour about how awful Calipari is on the sideline.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
I don’t think that’s entirely accurate. Pearl holds his own at a doormat program. Roy Williams had no problems winning big either. Barnes has always been this guy even when he was younger. Calipari has always been this way too, he’s just had overwhelming talent most places he’s been.

I think it’s better suited for younger guys like anything else to a degree, but I don’t think it’s necessary. Coach K was making final fours at retirement too.

Calipari and Barnes are really bad coaches who’ve landed some good players. Califarti has had the better players therefore he’s got the final fours.

A fool would have played the 3 R’s and started them all year. A fool would have also had Knecht get Vescovi involved and played for March, set more screens, etc.

They are stupid horrible coaches. It’s hard to believe they were able to get this far given how awful they are. I spoke to a high school assistant coach at the square after the KS sweet 16. He went on for an hour about how awful Calipari is on the sideline.
Williams won before NIL. Different ear of ball. I doubt he’d do well today either. The old guard is struggling.

Williams won before NIL. Different ear of ball. I doubt he’d do well today either. The old guard is struggling.

Yea that might be true actually. Williams also knew it was time to go and saved his legacy.

But I don’t think it must be this way. F’n adapt, it’s not that hard. Nobody likes the rules except GonzoCat so just work with them.

I do think there’s merit to the idea that the younger you are the better the chances you have of competing at the highest level year in and year out, I just don’t believe it has to be that way. I also don’t think Barnes and Calipari are good examples, they’ve always been meh coaches.

It must be, I’m keeping an eye on TJ Otzelberger at Iowa State, he’s like 47 and on the rise. Hasn’t won anything but did get that huge win today and have been top 25 the last 2 years. Number 6 and rising now, and they have gotten better every year he’s been there. Super cheap contract too apparently. I have a feeling he will be a smoking hot commodity soon, I’d hate to see him get locked into a massive deal somewhere else before we are looking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT