ADVERTISEMENT

Is it just me?

robo222

Senior
Nov 21, 2008
This year, if I understand the policy, fans sitting in The Club section will be allowed to buy beer? I don't know how it happens that the policy of the SEC is circumvented so easily? I find it odd and am hoping that someone can explain this simple perk in a way that makes sense to me....

This year, if I understand the policy, fans sitting in The Club section will be allowed to buy beer? I don't know how it happens that the policy of the SEC is circumvented so easily? I find it odd and am hoping that someone can explain this simple perk in a way that makes sense to me....

I'm afraid money talks.

I'm afraid money talks.
I understand the money aspect... Pay more money get a better view, get a nicer seat, have better access to amenities...
I just wonder how they get around Conference rules, and State laws?
Guess what I'm saying is... What kind of BS did they use to slide on this?
If it was about money why wouldn't they call every seat "Club"....
YUM and PJ say... drink lot'o beer, good for da'ville!!!

There has been alcohol in the suites ever since they were built, so this may be just an extension of however they justified that.

Alcohol has never been allowed to the public for SEC games for purchase. The Suites are not considered public and I'm assuming the Clubs are not considered public either.

I understand the money aspect... Pay more money get a better view, get a nicer seat, have better access to amenities...
I just wonder how they get around Conference rules, and State laws?
Guess what I'm saying is... What kind of BS did they use to slide on this?
If it was about money why wouldn't they call every seat "Club"....
YUM and PJ say... drink lot'o beer, good for da'ville!!!

Club by definition means private, not public. Not sure if SEC rules will allow the sale of beer but I would think you could surely bring it in like you already can in the suits. What state laws apply? UofL is in the same state and they sell beer, liquor and wine to the general public.

Club by definition means private, not public. Not sure if SEC rules will allow the sale of beer but I would think you could surely bring it in like you already can in the suits. What state laws apply? UofL is in the same state and they sell beer, liquor and wine to the general public.
It's not a state law, it's an SEC rule.

I'm going to answer my own question... Won't link any articles on the subject because there are plenty... As stated above it's an SEC rule...
The SEC says you can't sell alcohol in a public area during an SEC game (or something to that effect)... There are different interpetations of the rule when playing at a neutral site... My take on this rule is just my opinion ... But it makes sense to me...

My take is that schools are looking for every opportunity to make a $$$... I believe it's discussed at the SEC meetings but done in an off-the-record, manner... Here's the conspiracy theory... If you want to pull maximum dollars out of the unsuspecting public what would you do?... Well I'd build/modify private areas into existing stadiums, call them Cub Seating. I'd then charge a premium for chair-back, 50 yard line, lower level seating give those fans the privilege of having a few Heinekens during the game. Then, after a 2-3 years, I'd vote so the SEC could make Bud available to everyone.... Club seaters, are used to their ticket prices, like their seats, and the Athletic Dept. makes the dime off many thousands fans rather than a couple thousand.....

I'm feeling better about it already, think I'll have a Bud!!!.... Thanks to you ... "Men of Genius"

I have no idea, but I would guess like others have too or maybe they know, that it is treated like a private club like a country club or maybe a VFW.

ADVERTISEMENT