ADVERTISEMENT

Iran's president and foreign minister dead in helicopter crash

Iran is absolutely miserable and the Muslim revolution there in the late 70s absolutely wrecked the Middle East and has resulted in millions killed. F*ck them. Also f*ck Mexico for being completely bought and paid for by drug cartels - grow a damn backbone. And China blows for a myriad of reasons as well.
Iran in the 70's before the cia and mi6 started overthrowing iran governments...

R.a9f0f491e8fadb9e37a3c06ec21f7eb4

R.47f9f2c2ec1afd5263dd8a1d0ad3249e

236a293d234c495757c052fa7edf7490.jpg

So you are OK with your allies not paying their agreed amount to an alliance? Shocked you'd have that take.
You'll have to point me to the line in my post where I said that. We all take the occasional leap with a post so it's not the end of the world but you quoted me, took a line where I said the previous admin said something, pretended I disagreed, and then said you were shocked that I have a take that doesn't exist lol.

I'm willing to believe our allies don't pay their fair share but the point of my post was that we're lead by every admin in power to hate country after country after country. I don't think we have the stomach to always be pissed at our neighbors, plus the Middle East, plus China, plus Russia, plus our allies around the globe, plus little pissant countries like N. Korea. It leads to paranoia and the fantasy of wanting us alone in the world as if no one else exists, and that's unrealistic. If you gave the average American a list of countries they're supposed to hate, they're going to say, "you know what? That's a pretty long list and a lot of hatred and I'm going to just go watch some Netflix because I don't have the time to be pissed at dozens of countries."

, I felt the vibe given off was we were supposed to be pissed at our allies for not paying their fair share. So our govt. wants us pissed at the Middle East, pissed at China and Mexico, and pissed at our allies too? Um, no. We don't have the stomach to be pissed at the known world all the time and that type of attitude is unhealthy. Oh, and also...don't do drugs. It's possible for us to say no to the shit that comes across our border but many don't, instead opting to gobble it up, and ask for more. Just my take.

You'll have to point me to the line in my post where I said that. We all take the occasional leap with a post so it's not the end of the world but you quoted me, took a line where I said the previous admin said something, pretended I disagreed, and then said you were shocked that I have a take that doesn't exist lol.

I'm willing to believe our allies don't pay their fair share but the point of my post was that we're lead by every admin in power to hate country after country after country. I don't think we have the stomach to always be pissed at our neighbors, plus the Middle East, plus China, plus Russia, plus our allies around the globe, plus little pissant countries like N. Korea. It leads to paranoia and the fantasy of wanting us alone in the world as if no one else exists, and that's unrealistic. If you gave the average American a list of countries they're supposed to hate, they're going to say, "you know what? That's a pretty long list and a lot of hatred and I'm going to just go watch some Netflix because I don't have the time to be pissed at dozens of countries."
And it's not hate. I don't hate any country in Europe but I don't feel we should defend them if they won't even live up to the meager promises they've made. The Russia invasion in Ukraine and Europes inability to help is proof they haven't spent enough for decades.

Iran in the 70's before the cia and mi6 started overthrowing iran governments...

(Photos Snipped)
You got your timelines wrong. The shah was in power in Iran in 70s (till 1979). It was Mossadegh who was overthrown in 1953 with the CIA's and MI6's help.

You got your timelines wrong. The shah was in power in Iran in 70s (till 1979). It was Mossadegh who was overthrown in 1953 with the CIA's and MI6's help.
Pretty sure they helped destabilize the Shah... I just don't think it went how they intended. It's not like the cia didn't start al qaeda and isis.

Pretty sure they helped destabilize the Shah... I just don't think it went how they intended. It's not like the cia didn't start al qaeda and isis.
Ermmm, no. That notion is nonsensical. In what way would destabilizing the shah have helped U.S. and Western interests? Iran was already precarious. The country had modernized quite rapidly, (as evidenced by the photos above) which had provoked a backlash.

For anyone interested in the topic, I recommend the book Inside the Iranian Revolution by Dr. John Stempel, former director of the Patterson School at UK.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
We have business relationships with China that likely won't ever be broken and Mexico won't be fixed unless we potentially go in and do it ourselves. No one wants an actual war with one of our neighbors and history has shown if that happens, we'd likely screw it up even further, so we live with our neighbors as best as we can. During a previous administration, I felt the vibe given off was we were supposed to be pissed at our allies for not paying their fair share. So our govt. wants us pissed at the Middle East, pissed at China and Mexico, and pissed at our allies too? Um, no. We don't have the stomach to be pissed at the known world all the time and that type of attitude is unhealthy. Oh, and also...don't do drugs. It's possible for us to say no to the shit that comes across our border but many don't, instead opting to gobble it up, and ask for more. Just my take.
Not shocked at all your bring up Trump but you did. The allies should step up and pay their fair share so we can take care of the Americans at home. Quit being soft and not be able to stomach this thought.

Ermmm, no. That notion is nonsensical. In what way would destabilizing the shah have helped U.S. and Western interests? Iran was already precarious. The country had modernized quite rapidly, (as evidenced by the photos above) which had provoked a backlash.

For anyone interested in the topic, I recommend the book Inside the Iranian Revolution by Dr. John Stempel, former director of the Patterson School at UK.
It was my understanding the US and Britain had deals on oil that were set to expire and the Shah had no intentions of renewing at such a low price. Granted, I heard an interview with the Shahs son so maybe he was making it up. But it didn't make sense to arm alqaeda or isis in hindsight either, but we still did that.

the world is healing. nothing eagle screeches like two anti americans spiraling down in a heli

if you hate america I would be really careful getting off the ground

You were simply just mistaken in your original post about the CIA and MI6 overthrowing the Iranian government in the 70s. They very clearly instigated that in the 50s. Not sure why you feel the need to continually double down on this.

You were simply just mistaken in your original post about the CIA and MI6 overthrowing the Iranian government in the 70s. They very clearly instigated that in the 50s. Not sure why you feel the need to continually double down on this.
I may be wrong but I'm not mistaken. I watched an interview with the Shahs son. He may have been lying. But that is what he said.... The cia and mi6 were upset that the Shah didn't want to renew the oil deal the had.... Not sure why you are so certain it was only one time our spies overthrew or destabilized Iran... Weird.

I may be wrong but I'm not mistaken. I watched an interview with the Shahs son. He may have been lying. But that is what he said.... The cia and mi6 were upset that the Shah didn't want to renew the oil deal the had.... Not sure why you are so certain it was only one time our spies overthrew or destabilized Iran... Weird.

1d5Zn8FqmJqApu4hNU.webp

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT