ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting take

All I know is Cal’s approach is the wrong one based on everything we’re seeing.

Couldn’t give less of a shit who owns who, if Kentucky isn’t one of the premier programs in the country, which it no longer is, then someone else needs to be in charge.
Just my though, but if your letting a sports agency dictate who your starters are and what you do with your roster, maybe you should stop working with said sports agency

Or jay wright, I know he would never come here, but if I was AD I was give him a blank check and say name your price
Jay Wright retired due to exactly what we're seeing happen with Cal right now. He didn't want to deal with the portal and NIL and all the other nonsense in college sports. It's a circus right now and he would rather retire then have to navigate it.

Last edited:
That's 8 months old... wonder if he feels differently now?
"Not doing a collective..." no disrespect... but I don't want to be owned... lol.
Except by Tang.

Worst part is... he still wants to take credit for NBA success of the elite talent he coached for less than a year.
Any of those kids could have went someplace else and did as well or better... they've figured that out.
Kids that grew up in Kentucky from family that are affluent will be who we get going forward with that attitude... every out of state kid doesn't know anything about UK and every kid wants to be compensated.

I agree with the philosophy Calipari stated in the video that Dwb posted above. But I also agree with the posters above who I think are saying: "If you're going to do it that way and try to be pure to what NIL was supposed to be, then you have to develop players. However, to do this I'm wondering if Calipari might not be forced to rely a little more heavily on OAD freshmen (who likely won't feel the pull of collective money as much) than I think is ideal, and which I think makes it harder to win. The hope, however, would be that he wouldn't have to almost solely rely on freshmen and could annually put together a starting lineup and short rotation from (1) 2-3 good returning players; (2) 1-2 of the top transfers from the portal on the basis that NIL money would be there for a top guy (or two); and (3) a couple of OADs.

Now, I think there's a good chance the collectives are prohibited sooner rather than later, but until it does Calipari/whoever has to figure out a viable approach that let's UK remain in the hunt for championships.

Reactions: bookerfan66
Shady Sharpe & posse debacle comes home to roost...

4OWJ6DA.png

All I know is Cal’s approach is the wrong one based on everything we’re seeing.

Couldn’t give less of a shit who owns who, if Kentucky isn’t one of the premier programs in the country, which it no longer is, then someone else needs to be in charge.
He’s been owned by NBA and shoe companies, what wrong with getting transfers lol? He’s basically admitting he doesn’t know who to play and what to do based on past years results. That’s scary not being “owned.”

Who did Klutch tell him to start ? Livingston ? I mean at one point the entire board complained that he wasn’t starting lol .

Who is the other Klutch guy ? I feel like I could be missing someone

Jay Wright retired due to exactly what we're seeing happen with Cal right now. He didn't want to deal with the portal and NIL and all the other nonsense in college sports. It's a circus right now and he would rather retire then have to navigate it.
He had enough sense to see it coming and get out. Cal thinks he's gonna win another title in reality he might not even sniff another Final Four. The odds are so far against him this season with the young man rotation, Wagner gonna have to be D Wade like for Cal to advance past solid teams.

So did K and Roy Williams. I live in Roy's hometown and have friends that grew up with him and still speak to him often

Reactions: Zissou87
Who did Klutch tell him to start ? Livingston ? I mean at one point the entire board complained that he wasn’t starting lol .

Who is the other Klutch guy ? I feel like I could be missing someone
I think it’s rich Paul and the Carter guy, and I don’t think they straight up say these guys have to start, but they probably hint at it

I mean, Wheeler checked out when he lost his starting spot. Checked out in January. Other people are already controlling the team, every season.
Couch Cal's swan song...with his game prep, strategy, and uncanny penchant for placing players out of position, we'll be riding the last four in fenceline, that is if we don't have injuries.

Cupboard will be bare for 2024...he will likely bolt and leave Barney holding the bag of shit.

Couch Cal's swan song...with his game prep, strategy, and uncanny penchant for placing players out of position, we'll be riding the last four in fenceline, that is if we don't have injuries.

Cupboard will be bare for 2024...he will likely bolt and leave Barney holding the bag of shit.
I doubt he has enough sense to leave. I bet u will have to drag him out like a toddler in Candy Craze to ever get a change of direction here. I really thought someone would hire him away now it will take some bad upper management to give him more money then he's took from UK.

I mostly agree with you. The biggest question will be whether or not he can find an escape route that will pay as much as what UK still owes him. I think if Calipari had that offer back from UCLA now, he'd go. He knows the fan base has turned on him. He'll milk the pay checks as long as possible.

Funny the opinions here. Then we see the hater gaggle try to act like a collective and dictate terms to KY basketball.
Funny you mention anyone's opinions at all. I'm certain you never actually process them in an intelligent way.

You're the last poster in the world who is up for an intelligent debate. Mostly, all you do is rampage around here like a babbling mad man. Whenever you post, I know it's going to be some insane rant. This is the image that comes to my mind when you post:

screaming-old-man.gif

I doubt he has enough sense to leave. I bet u will have to drag him out like a toddler in Candy Craze to ever get a change of direction here. I really thought someone would hire him away now it will take some bad upper management to give him more money then he's took from UK.
I mostly agree with you. The biggest question will be whether or not he can find an escape route that will pay as much as what UK still owes him. I think if Calipari had that offer back from UCLA now, he'd go. He knows the fan base has turned on him. He'll milk the pay checks as long as possible.
My guess is he gets a significant buyout and will line up something like a return to UMass, or maybe land in a place like Pitt...or, as much as he likes to hear himself talk, I can see him at ESPN...I mean look at the competition, Dan Jockitch and Creepy Crean [laughing]

I do not see him staying on in the role of ambassador...too many bridges burned to play the role of emissary.

Sure. Need an address for the 40 mill? Then 10 - 20 for a new coach. The 5 or so for a new teams NIL. I got you down for 65 big-uns phighty boy.

Getting ready for a U6 red white game?
34 mill after this season and that is a negotiable figure most assuredly...how much, depending on what he manages to accomplish with his pot luck roster.

My guess it is a mutual separation, since he's tired of us hillbillies.

Are you one of the “at tubby got farred” group? They meet right after the flat earthers.

You clearly know zip about that time. Nobody wanted Tibby gone that mattered. UK has NEVER fired a basketball coach for performance reasons. Nobody that matters is trying to push this coach out. KY is not run by a drunken mob carrying pitchforks

I will do the same as I have always done. Support the KY basketball team. A concept that is hopelessly beyond your comprehension.
Who's Tibby...you been dipping into the gin again bass?

Tibby Tubby couldn't handle the heat and got the hell outta the kitchen...made a play for Virginia before settling on Minnie - as it turned out LOD was right and Tibby's Tubby's Superfriends were WRONG!

UK Athletics run from K Fund, corporate donations, endowments, etc...not just $EC football dollars...

No Mike Pratt to lead the charge, but someone will step up and take the bull by the horns, just watch and see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT