ADVERTISEMENT

Ingram to Duke

<sigh>
long-sigh.gif

Reactions: Bkocats
Duke and Coach K are ruining College Basketball!!!!
I would say they are setting up for back to back...elite players and the best coach in the country probably spells back to back...Should have an awesome offensive team next year and he will let the players decide the game...

I would say they are setting up for back to back...elite players and the best coach in the country probably spells back to back...Should have an awesome offensive team next year and he will let the players decide the game...

Duke goes 40-0 next year with back to back championships!

Bro. I'm just from southern Ky. Your probably from another part. Big difference actually. I'm as hardcore of a UK fan as you get. Just a meathead country boy who takes UK basketball more seriously than a lot of folks. But we're all brothers here right?

Yea that's true.. But that still was a dumb post,, lol.. You have to admit that.. It's all good though..

Reactions: UK_Johnny24
Think about Dooks lineup next year.

Derryck Thornton
Luke Kennard
Brandon Ingram
Sean Obi
Chase Jeter

Then they'll have Plumlee, Jefferson, Allen, and Jones off the bench. as bad as I hate to say it. That's a pretty damn good team even though they're young. Obi's a really good PF who's going tocatch some people by surprise.

Reactions: Jazzycat
"By any means necessary?" What do you suggest, putting a gun to his head? Perhaps kidnapping a family member to hold as ransom until he signs with UK?

Some folks need to step back from the ledge, Cal is a great recruiter, but he can't force these kids to choose UK.

Bro I'm just saying Cal needs to have the full court press on. I mean do whatever it takes to sell the kid on reclassifying and coming here.

I thought this board said he grew up a UNC fan? just looked it up and previous articles said he grew up a Duke fan.

It was bad enough dealing with perpetual UL fans pretending to be UK fans on this board, now we've got Memphis, Kansas, and Dookies all joining in.

Duke goes 40-0 next year with back to back championships!

Do you think one and done recruits ever think about the fact that going to a team that just won the national title extremely diminishes their chance to be able to win one the following year? Most will say they want to go somewhere to win the title, but the historical odds of that happening this day and age with the roster turnover that takes place year to year makes that extremely unlikely.

Only two teams (Duke 1991/1992 and Florida 2006/2007) have won back to back since the UCLA days of the 60's/70's and both of those teams basically brought back the same team the next year to be able to do it.

Players think they are continuing opposed to the difficulty of Back to back . Duke could do what we so desperately wanted this year . Brutal !

Man i think i hate Duke more than UL, but they ar egoing to have a really good team. I think we will be right there with them though. I trust in Cal, and i'll never count him out. I think he has a rabbit in the hat that he has yet to pull out.

Brandon Ingram is who I wanted most in this class besides Skal. I want a true 3 more then anything. Hopefully Cal can somehow get brown

You mean like the run they made of getting ousted in the 1st weekend 2 out of 3 years. One by a 15 seed I believe. I agree.

I don't know if there is anything dumber than citing early exits as some kind of indictment for a program that has won 2 national titles in the time span that Cal has been here. I mean do you realize how stupid that sounds?

If someone said we could have 2 national titles in 6 years I wouldn't give a damn what happened the other 4. Yet somehow some of our fans have backward logic that tells them 4 Final Fours in 6 years and a title is better than 2 national titles? If thats the case then the Buffalo Bills are the greatest football team of the 90's.

God just incredibly dumb how often fans go back to early exits in the tournament for Duke as a way to minimize their program's success. They won 2 national titles! Who cares what happened in the other 4 years. I would rather have the two titles.

They are just killing it on the recruiting trail, they now have 4 five star recruits. Plus they have Allen, Matt Jones, and a Plumlee still there !
Plus the best coach in the country who will let the players decide the game and give them the freedom to be an offensive juggernaut...

ADVERTISEMENT