ADVERTISEMENT

In WDRB Interview Turtleneck Admits That uavel is Lil Brother

Apr 16, 2015
After UK finished considerably higher in the Director's Cup standing (again) the sports guru at WDRB ,Eric Crawford did a study of the 2 schools.He stated that "UK has reasserted itself in the race between the schools" and is back on top after Mitch Barnhart was named Athletic Director of the Year.
Aggressive building of new facilities such as a new $45 Million dollar practice facility and a $110 Million dollar renovation of Commonwealth Stadium has put uavel on the back burner .
Interviewing the media Nazi Tom Jurich..he admitted "Louisville is happy to be Little Brother"
At least he knows his place.

Reactions: blubo
Once UK begins winning in football, our top sports will be looked at very favorably. Baseball has been down a bit lately, but when you look at where they were, it's still looking good. Finish that baseball stadium and then get a great coach in here. Feel like the current coach is more of a placeholder at this point.

The UK sports programs have never been in a better position than they are now.

Once UK begins winning in football, our top sports will be looked at very favorably. Baseball has been down a bit lately, but when you look at where they were, it's still looking good. Finish that baseball stadium and then get a great coach in here. Feel like the current coach is more of a placeholder at this point.

The UK sports programs have never been in a better position than they are now.
agree 100%

After UK finished considerably higher in the Director's Cup standing (again) the sports guru at WDRB ,Eric Crawford did a study of the 2 schools.He stated that "UK has reasserted itself in the race between the schools" and is back on top after Mitch Barnhart was named Athletic Director of the Year.
Aggressive building of new facilities such as a new $45 Million dollar practice facility and a $110 Million dollar renovation of Commonwealth Stadium has put uavel on the back burner .
Interviewing the media Nazi Tom Jurich..he admitted "Louisville is happy to be Little Brother"
At least he knows his place.

If they are happy, then so am I, at least in this instance.

Nothing is more offensive to UL fans than being called "Lil Brother" and I love it.

Speaking of, how long before De'Andre Johnson starts taking snaps for Petrino?

Embracing it as a motivational tool sure isn't helping him in any sport other than Football, and the worms about to turn there very shortly.

This is something that no UK fan should ever forget. If I'm Mitch B., I have it hanging in my office for motivation. This is from the CJ. I kept to remind me from time to time why I hate the CJ. The part where they gave MB grief for not hiring Doug Williams is particularly moronic in retrospect.

Titled: Blue giant(Jurich), white dwarf (MB)

OUR skepticism over Mitch Barnhart's appointment as the University of Kentucky athletics director seems increasingly well-founded. We initially doubted whether he could come up with a new and better way of doing business. In fact, his performance has proven uniquely bad.

What other light in the Kentucky firmament has faded so quickly? UK President Lee Todd, to whom Mr. Barnhart answers, hoped he would shine. Who would have guessed it would be as a white dwarf, a star that has run out of fuel?

In six short months, Mr. Barnhart has managed to unify two opposing camps of UK supporters.

The win-at-allcost types think he's failed by missing two chances: first, to keep the popular and successful Guy Morriss as football coach and, second, to hire the well-qualified Doug Williams, who led legendary Grambling to its third straight conference title this season. Instead, Mr. Barnhart hired an unemployed fellow, with a career losing record, with whom he had worked at the University of Oregon. Fairly or not, the cozy result made the prolonged search look more like a sham.

The more cynical of the boosters consider the failure to hire Mr. Williams a wasted chance for insurance against race-based criticism, should basketball coach Tubby Smith decide to go elsewhere. Others simply lament the lost opportunity for UK to break the race barrier among Southeastern Conference football coaches.

The other group of UK backers, those whose first priority is a clean program, were also appalled by Mr. Barnhart, be-cause he didn't do a thorough background search and/or didn't tell UK's president about NCAA violations in the background of the man he did hire.

In a subsequent interview, Mr. Barnhart made matters worse by (1) offering an im-plausible version of his failure to recall details of Oregon's NCAA problems, (2) calling the failure to fully inform Dr. Todd ``a very slight error,'' and (3) inserting a lachrymose story about his family's being victimized by the reaction to his self-imposed troubles.

Meanwhile, he has even angered legislators by deciding the state song is too slow and sappy to sing before football and basketball games.

A white dwarf is especially dense, and in the last stage of its existence as a star.

Mitch Barnhart

Copyright (c) The Courier-Journal. All rights reserved. Reproduced with the permission of Gannett Co., Inc. by NewsBank, inc.
Record Number: lou2003011012334442

This has always been the case and isn't new to most UK fans. To this day I still don't understand the mindset of those that like to claim UL as anymore than an insignificant in state rivalry game.

To beat them does UK absolutely no good. To lose, however hurts UK tremendously.

This is something that no UK fan should ever forget. If I'm Mitch B., I have it hanging in my office for motivation. This is from the CJ. I kept to remind me from time to time why I hate the CJ. The part where they gave MB grief for not hiring Doug Williams is particularly moronic in retrospect.

That's great, DrH, thanks for posting this. I've told this before.....Years ago, I worked with someone on the UK Board. He told me that in a conversation with someone at the CJ, and I forget the name, the guy actually said that if UK refused to hire Doug Williams, the paper would crucify the school. And that's a story that tells a whole lot about that newspaper......

That's great, DrH, thanks for posting this. I've told this before.....Years ago, I worked with someone on the UK Board. He told me that in a conversation with someone at the CJ, and I forget the name, the guy actually said that if UK refused to hire Doug Williams, the paper would crucify the school. And that's a story that tells a whole lot about that newspaper......

They cannot go out of business quickly enough for me.

I got a call a while back from one of their telemarketers trying to solicit advertising business. I listened to his spiel as to why it was great business for me to advertise in their fish wrapper. When he finished I told him that I'd never EVER spend a single dime advertising in the CJ. He asked why. I told him that their anti-UK stance and constant attacks at the athletic department was at the root.

He said in a wise ass voice, you mean you'd let your love for UK would keep you from making a smart business decision. I said that I had cancelled my subscription long ago over this, there is a thing called the Internet now, duh, and he is the one who will soon be looking for a job rather than me.

I've never heard from them again.

Was that an editorial from the CJ or from Bozich?

How embarrassing for that rag and for anyone who shared that asinine opinion.

Was that an editorial from the CJ or from Bozich?

How embarrassing for that rag and for anyone who shared that asinine opinion.

That was ignorantly displayed for all to read on their OpEd page. It was the part of the OpEd where they don't actually say which glorious moron it was who actually poison penned it. But it is the editorial stance of their editorial board. I am fairly sure that at the time the spectacular fool named Betty Winston Baye (spelling?) was responsible.

They never came back to admit their total ignorance...oops, Coach Brooks actually did a pretty good job and Doug Williams now seems pretty damn stupid. Lets just forget we wrote that one..... Nope, they doubled down on it if anything.

Just did a google search and I found this to be ironic and sweet.

Betty Winston Bayé, the only African American columnist and editorial writer at the Courier-Journal in Louisville, Ky., was among about 700 employees laid off by the Gannett Co. on Tuesday as the nation's largest newspaper company cut back "to align our costs with the current revenue trends."

In a "confidential" memo to members of Gannett's U.S. Community Publishing Division, republished on the independent Gannett Blog, Bob Dickey, president of the division, said:

"National advertising remains soft and with many of our local advertisers reducing their overall budgets, we need to take further steps to align our costs with the current revenue trends. Each of our local media organizations faces its own market conditions, challenges and opportunities. Therefore, it has been up to each local publisher to determine his or her unique course of action.

"While we have sought many ways to reduce costs, I regret to tell you that we will not be able to avoid layoffs. Accordingly, approximately 700 employees within USCP, or about 2% of our company’s overall workforce, will be let go. Publishers will notify people today and we will make every effort to reach everyone by end of day."

I suppose in my own way I was able to get her tossed.

Hey Ben..How's your Dad? The big G..you know who this is...

Thanks for asking. He is not doing too badly. His lungs are still an issue, and they will never get better, but he is doing ok. He and my step mother moved into an assisted living center in Valley Station, three weeks ago. Really nice place and they are adapting. He turns 86 on the 19th. They still get out and around. I'll tell him that you asked about him.

Reactions: BillyBones
This has always been the case and isn't new to most UK fans. To this day I still don't understand the mindset of those that like to claim UL as anymore than an insignificant in state rivalry game.

To beat them does UK absolutely no good. To lose, however hurts UK tremendously.
agreed but they are the Lil Brother..

Thanks for asking. He is not doing too badly. His lungs are still an issue, and they will never get better, but he is doing ok. He and my step mother moved into an assisted living center in Valley Station, three weeks ago. Really nice place and they are adapting. He turns 86 on the 19th. They still get out and around. I'll tell him that you asked about him.
What is the name I live in Valley Station.may be near me..I'll visit him..

Embracing it as a motivational tool sure isn't helping him in any sport other than Football, and the worms about to turn there very shortly.
Oh and I can't wait either, Stoops is recruiting his --- off;)[banana]

"Little Brother" is the only good thing to come out of the Sutton years, he tagged them right and it kills them
Eddie tagged them with a name that will last forever..There was a tshirt that had the Tweety bird as the Loserville mascot and the Wildcat was pulling the feathers out of it.This was popular after the Cats kicked the Red pigeons ass 85-51 in Cheetum Hall.1986:cool2:

Whe
Where is he at in Valley Station? I live there ..I 'll go and see him.

What is the name I live in Valley Station.may be near me..I'll visit him..

It is Elmcroft, on Valley Farms, which is just of Dixie Hwy. It is just across of RR tracks. His number is 502-935-4697. Just give him a call before you go, to make sure he is home.

It is Elmcroft, on Valley Farms, which is just of Dixie Hwy. It is just across of RR tracks. His number is 502-935-4697. Just give him a call before you go, to make sure he is home.
I live in Valley Farms..I can walk over there...Will make a pont to go see him Thanks..

Reactions: Ben101er
ADVERTISEMENT