ADVERTISEMENT

ignorant duke fans think they would have beat us by 15+

And we nearly lost to notre dame, and they crushed notre dame, and they won the title...sorry but what else is there to say? Sour grapes here.
ND had a winning record against them.

We had a much better matchup against Duke than Wisconsin.

Either could beat us, but imo Wiscy wins almost 40% of the time, Duke more like 30%.

Just look at who duke beat in the tourney. Their round of 32 opponent beat no one all year.

Utah, had one win against tourney teams. That was a 1 point win against Wichita state in december.

Gonzaga's best win was by 13 against ucla a week before we went up 41-7 against them.

Michigan state had 12 losses.

They played one true top 15 team the entire tournament.

I watched Duke beat Louisville on their home floor a lot easier than UK did so it would have been a close game. No way to know the answer so not worth arguing over.
Why do people use this transitive property crap?

And no, duke did not beat Louisville easier than UK did. Both teams' biggest lead was 14 and both were up 11 in the final minute. It's just that the refs decided to call fouls on meaningless shots in our game to get the score in single digits.

There are soooooooo many people here that know absolutely nothing about basketball it's ridiculous. It doesn't help that Louisville fans come over here and create fake accounts to troll us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jkwo
Drives me crazy because we would have SMASHED them. NCAA always gives Duke the easiest path because Duke's success helps with the NCAA's image.

They're the champs, they get to say what they want.

Sad but true.

Drives me crazy because we would have SMASHED them. NCAA always gives Duke the easiest path because Duke's success helps with the NCAA's image.

Is this a parody trying to make us look silly?

They beat the team that knocked us out to win the title.

Felt Duke was a better matchup for us. They got Wisco out of their game by pushing the pace, something we couldn't do. In an uptempo game and a half court game I think we would have had the advantage over them. Too much length for them to get clear looks on the perimeter and enough bigs to neutralize Okafor. Enough depth to tire them out in an uptempo game like most of the teams we've played this year. Sue me.

Felt Duke was a better matchup for us. They got Wisco out of their game by pushing the pace, something we couldn't do. In an uptempo game and a half court game I think we would have had the advantage over them. Too much length for them to get clear looks on the perimeter and enough bigs to neutralize Okafor. Enough depth to tire them out in an uptempo game like most of the teams we've played this year. Sue me.

I'm not going to sue you, but it looks silly as hell to say we would have smashed then when they won the title, we didn't, and they beat the team that knocked us out to finish the job.

This might be worse than a lawsuit ... but comments like that should be reserved for Louisville fans. Gotta respect the champs. Don't have to like em, but you gotta respect em. They got it done, we didn't.

We lost Wisc game because Cal let his favorite player try to take game over in last 5 minutes and he wasn't good enough. Watch the game people...if you don't believe it watch last years final 4 game against same team. Same thing happened except his brother bailed him out.

I know this about Duke I take Cook & Jones over Twins...Okafor & KAT a push...and Winslow @ end of season is was much better than Lyles. Look we had a bunch of players who were benefitted from Ky hype.

Could Willie score on anybody down low? Is he really better than a Plumlee on offense...did we not play 4 on 5 with him in the game?

K recruits skilled kids on offense. K is flexible..will play a zone...will press & trap. Our Coach has his black book. Switching man defense..shot blockers...no blocking out no charges drawn. Take no chances on defense...get a lead and then hope like hell the dang clock runs out.

I'm not going to sue you, but it looks silly as hell to say we would have smashed then when they won the title, we didn't, and they beat the team that knocked us out to finish the job.

This might be worse than a lawsuit ... but comments like that should be reserved for Louisville fans. Gotta respect the champs. Don't have to like em, but you gotta respect em. They got it done, we didn't.
Why Do We Have To Respect A Team That Got Blown Out IN Their Conference Tournament Against The Team We Beat To Get To The final four? If they had beaten anybody to get to the championship game, I MIGHT respect them. They played a mid major conference tournament to get to Monday and we played the last team to beat them (destroyed the, it was a 20 point game at multiple times thru the 2nd half) and they played a team whose only good win was ucla and whose best player was kyle wiltjer.

Our 3 seed was the 5th best team in the country. Theirs was a team with 10 losses.

This is like saying "you have to respect the super bowl champions" if they were allowed to play a whole bunch of cfl teams before the super bowl.

And it's not silly for them to say they would beat us by 15+? It's one thing to respect the champs but not when they are being idiots and disrespectful.

Truthfully, I think it would be a closer game. If played 10 times I think UK would win 8x.

Why Do We Have To Respect A Team That Got Blown Out IN Their Conference Tournament Against The Team We Beat To Get To The final four? If they had beaten anybody to get to the championship game, I MIGHT respect them. They played a mid major conference tournament to get to Monday and we played the last team to beat them (destroyed the, it was a 20 point game at multiple times thru the 2nd half) and they played a team whose only good win was ucla and whose best player was kyle wiltjer.

Our 3 seed was the 5th best team in the country. Theirs was a team with 10 losses.

This is like saying "you have to respect the super bowl champions" if they were allowed to play a whole bunch of cfl teams before the super bowl.

They're the champs. They're hanging a national champions banner and we aren't. To blast them like some are here, say we would have smashed them, etc... is a very Louisville-fan-like type behavior.

Say whatever the hell you want about the teams they beat to get to the title have, but they beat the team that knocked us out. End of story.

It's all about match ups and I think we we're a better match up for duke. Wisconsin plays defense different than us. They couldn't afford to get in foul trouble so they would just let you score. We would've had some to foul out the way duke gets calls but we wouldn't just let them score. Too bad we didn't take care of bisness. Would've been a good game but I liked our chances.

I wont link it since its on scout... they are saying they would have won easier against us than they did against Wisconsin.

This is what truly sucks about this season. Duke gets a joke cake walk to the finals (not a single other team in the top 6 on their side of the bracket) and gets bragging rights.

We would have obliterated duke by 20 in a final. The only recipe to beat us was having a team that could put 5 players on the perimeter and Okafor sure as hell isn't that.

we played the one team we had to avoid (both from a match up and motivation standup) while they get no one in their first 5 tournament games (mind you they were blown out in their last game before the NCAAT in a virtual home game against our elite 8 opponent). Then they got a team that they matched up perfectly against who was spent from beating us.

Now they get to puff out their chest, even though the got blown out in 3 games, didn't win their conference or conference tournament and beat only one team with a pulse (on life support) on their way to a title. They were still ranked #4, #6 & #6 by the main 3 computer rankings at the end of the year. Sucks we choked, because I would have rub that slaughter we were looking at (uk-76 duke-59) in for the rest of eternity.

I wont link it since its on scout... they are saying they would have won easier against us than they did against Wisconsin.

This is what truly sucks about this season. Duke gets a joke cake walk to the finals (not a single other team in the top 6 on their side of the bracket) and gets bragging rights.

We would have obliterated duke by 20 in a final. The only recipe to beat us was having a team that could put 5 players on the perimeter and Okafor sure as hell isn't that.

we played the one team we had to avoid (both from a match up and motivation standup) while they get no one in their first 5 tournament games (mind you they were blown out in their last game before the NCAAT in a virtual home game against our elite 8 opponent). Then they got a team that they matched up perfectly against who was spent from beating us.

Now they get to puff out their chest, even though the got blown out in 3 games, didn't win their conference or conference tournament and beat only one team with a pulse (on life support) on their way to a title. They were still ranked #4, #6 & #6 by the main 3 computer rankings at the end of the year. Sucks we choked, because I would have rub that slaughter we were looking at (uk-76 duke-59) in for the rest of eternity.
No one will ever know cause we didn't make it to the finals. I will refer to the Dukie fans as "speculators"

no way of knowing what would've / could've happened in the final game if we had been there. While I don't agree with the assessment by Duke fans - can't really say anything against it; they won the title, they have the bragging rights. it is what it is.

Well, if we hadn't choked and our coach hadn't had a brain freeze in the last four minutes, we would have found out if we could've beaten Duke. Duke has the bragging rights and can say what they want. We just have to hope we can get 10 All Americans so we can at least make the final four and have a chance.

There's a very good chance that we would have lost to Duke.

They would have spread us out and drove the ball just like Wisconsin, except they had better guards.

Cal refused to adjust his defense to prevent this from happening and therefore we would have seen a repeat of the Notre Dame and Wisconsin games.

They beat Wisconsin twice. Once on the Badgers home floor. Duke worried me all year.
We could not have out scored them.

Yeah, you're right. We couldn't beat a team that got beat by Notre Dame twice, Miami, and N.C. State. One of the dumber posts I've read this year.

ND had a winning record against them.

We had a much better matchup against Duke than Wisconsin.

Either could beat us, but imo Wiscy wins almost 40% of the time, Duke more like 30%.

I disagree, always thought Duke was the tougher matchup...as much talent on paper as UK, as deep as us, athletic guards (which usually gave us trouble), HOF coach, Winslow playing out of his mind, etc.

Fact remains, duke won titles in two recent years where UK had the best team in the country(2010 , 2015). They won, while we blew games and got out coached. End of story.

The same exact thing was true in 2010, too.

Does that mean Duke had the better team?

No.

It means we were playing a single elimination tourney and that format stops the best team from winning if they simply don't close out in one single 5 minute span over 6 games - unlike the NBA, where you basically know the best team goes home with the trophy.

I'm not concerned about duke or their fans...they're the champs and on a high...will be for a year...that's fine...

however, to entertain the what if fantasy...I will say this, UK played to the level of their competition...

games that meant something to our guys you could tell, because the energy and play was different than against games against far inferior opponents...

KU, UCLA, UNC, Texas, UL...the squad showed up and the outcomes were never really in doubt...

I feel a title game against duke would have gone the same way...Grayson Allen doesn't look like a lottery pick against our D...

Okafor would have been outnumbered down low and swatted at least a couple of times...he would have been worn out by the platooning...and the few minutes Plumlee would have had to play to give him a break or keep him from fouling...flood gates would have opened...

They're the champs. They get to talk.

That said, who cares what they say?

Duke took care of business. We did not . We can't say a thing .
This line of thinking completely ignores the fact that duke played one good team the entire tournament. We would have had to play 3 of the top 5 teams in the country to win.

Why is this repeated? They took care of business against a joke bracket. A bracket that should have been afforded to the #1 overall seed.

Lol...this is stupid. It wasn't stall ball! It was a failure of the players not executing their coaches instructions which was to get the ball to Karl on the post on every possession. For whatever reason they did their own thing.
If you think it wasn't stall ball then your sir are stupid as you say...This is something Cal always employs at the end of games, but he started it way too early in the game clock this time...If not please tell me why we wasted three critical possessions doing the same thing with the same results with no timeout...

The banner tally stands at 8-5. And that is what matters. And in opposition to the way counting works, I think 9 comes before 6 in this instance

I guess we'll never know since we choked in the semi-final. And Duke won their second title when the Cats were clearly the better teams '10, '15. So I think they can say whatever the hell they want. They have the ring to back it up. Facts, are facts.

I guess we'll never know since we choked in the semi-final. And Duke won their second title when the Cats were clearly the better teams '10, '15. So I think they can say whatever the hell they want. They have the ring to back it up. Facts, are facts.
Yep, but they had the best team in '99 and mighty Coach K lost. And he also had those awful 2-15 and 3-14 games just in the last couple years.

It can happen to the very best.

The lesson is to be grateful if you're in the Final Four 4 out of 5 years.

Yep, but they had the best team in '99 and mighty Coach K lost. And he also had those awful 2-15 and 3-14 games just in the last couple years.

It can happen to the very best.

The lesson is to be grateful if you're in the Final Four 4 out of 5 years.
This is true. Just because coach Cal had a bad game doesn't mean he's a bad coach, although some will say he lost the title with his Derrick Rose led Memphis team because he employed the same late game strategy.

ADVERTISEMENT