ADVERTISEMENT

If you had a draft of only UK pros, how would it go?

EvilMD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2003
Assuming every team is starting from scratch and all positions are open. Here's how I think it would go...

1. Anthony Davis
2. John Wall
3. Karl Anthony Towns
4. Michael Kidd Gilchrist
5. Nerlens Noel
6. Demarcus Cousins
7. Willie Cauley Stein
8. Eric Bledsoe
9. Brandon Knight
10. Julius Randle

1. Davis
2. Wall
3. Cousins
4. KAT
5. Randle
6. Bledsoe
7. Nerlens
8. MKG
9. Jones
10. Knight

Assuming every team is starting from scratch and all positions are open. Here's how I think it would go...

1. Anthony Davis
2. John Wall
3. Karl Anthony Towns
5. Nerlens Noel
6. Demarcus Cousins
7. Willie Cauley Stein
8. Eric Bledsoe
9. Brandon Knight
10. Julius Randle

You've got Demarcus way too low. WCS way too high, and the rest around ok.

I remember I really used to enjoy 3 on 3 basketball in the half court. I'll take Davis, Bledsoe and Gilchrist. Give me those three and I don't think it matters who you pick. Cousins would be scary to face though as 3 on 3 can get really physical.

If we're going all time, Davis, Issel and Macy.

Davis
Wall
Cousins
KAT
Bledsoe
Noel
WCS
Jones
MKG
Randle
Knight
Lyles
Booker
Young
Andrew Harrison
Dakari Johnson
Aaron Harrison.

LOL. Cousins 6th? He might be a top 5 player in the league.

1. Davis
2. Cousins
3. Wall
4. Towns
5. Bledsoe
6. Noel
7. Randle
8. Cauley-Stein
9. Knight
10. Jones
11. Kidd-Gilchrist
12. Booker
13. Lyles
14. Patterson
15. Young
16. Goodwin
17. Aa. Harrison
18. An. Harrison
19. Johnson

The rest are probably scrubs. This includes Miller, Teague, Lamb, Orton and Liggins. It does not include this year's team in-which Labissierre, Briscoe, Lee, Ulis and Poythress would make up the top 24.

Cousins puts up big numbers, but I bet a lot of GMs wouldn't want the distractions. He hasn't even come close to a winning season. Meanwhile, all the other players I listed ahead of him have started to turn their franchise's fortunes around. You watch, in five years MKG will be one of the most valuable players in the league.

1. Anthony Davis
2. John Wall
3. Karl Anthony Towns
5. Nerlens Noel
6. Demarcus Cousins
7. Willie Cauley Stein
8. Eric Bledsoe
9. Brandon Knight
10. Julius Randle

Hmm, interesting question.

1. Davis
2. Wall
3. Cousins
4. KAT
5. Prince
6. Randle
7. Bledsoe
8. MKG
9. WCS
10. Knight
11. Lyles
12. Noel
13. Booker
14. Jones
15. Patterson

You can have 15 under contract. I'd be happy to go to war with that group.

I'd love to see Coach Cal's list. He'd never in a million years let it out but I'd love to see his honest opinion.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
He'll never score enough points to be an MVP, but he will be respected as one of the better players in the league. He brings it on both ends of the court.

1. Anthony Davis
2. John Wall
3. Karl Anthony Towns
5. Nerlens Noel
6. Demarcus Cousins
7. Willie Cauley Stein
8. Eric Bledsoe
9. Brandon Knight
10. Julius Randle

First off is this a Cal players only list? If not Prince would be on mine above Bledsoe and Knight. Prince has an NBA ring as a key player/starter for the Pistons. He may not be as good as he was but in his prime in the league he was damn good. Also let's not forget Walker, Bogans, Bowie, Mercer, MASHBURN, Magloire, Mohammed, RONDO, etc. I'll go modern era since I was young when Bennet, Walker, Bowie, etc played. Also I can't rate guys that have yet to play an NBA game. I just can't see putting Towns above Cousins without Towns yet showing how he will do in the NBA. Don't get me wrong, I think he will be a good Pro but until they step on the court with the "big boys" I can't rate them.

1) Davis
2) Wall
3) Cousins
4) Rondo
5) Mashburn
6) Walker
7) Noel
8) MKG
9) Prince
10) Randle
11) Knight
12) Mercer (if healthy, I feel if he wouldn't have had bad luck with injuries he could have been a pretty good NBA player)
13) Patterson
14) Magloire (may not have been a superstar but had a long NBA career as a solid role player)
15) Bogans
16) Bledsoe
17) T. Jones
18) Delk
19) Mohammed (the guy is STILL in the NBA...lol)
20) Hayes
21) Lamb
22) Anderson

Really once you get down to around 20 there are a lot of UK guys that could go there. Liggins, Teague, Miller, etc. I'd take my top 10 though any day.

I meant right now, so really the only non-Cal player under consideration would be Jodie Meeks. The others are in the final stages of their careers.

I would be curious what everyones alltime starting 5 would be. Wall vs Rondo would be a close one but based on attitude and team chemistry I would go with Wall.

PG- Wall
SG- Knight
SF- Mashburn (but Walker is a super close 2nd)
PF- Davis
C- Cousins

2nd String
PG- Rondo
SG- Prince
SF- Walker
PF- Randle
C- Noel

Ok so currently in the league....

1) Davis
2) Wall
3) Cousins
4) Rondo
5) Noel
6) MKG
7) Prince
8) Randle
9) Knight
10) Patterson
11) Bledsoe
12) T. Jones
13) Lamb
14) Young (has good upside and NBA frame, in a few years could be good)
15) Hayes

Cousins puts up big numbers, but I bet a lot of GMs wouldn't want the distractions. He hasn't even come close to a winning season. Meanwhile, all the other players I listed ahead of him have started to turn their franchise's fortunes around. You watch, in five years MKG will be one of the most valuable players in the league.

um...you can't be serious.

Did you say MKG will be one of the most valuable players in the league?

He has to become top player first on his team, much less one in discussion for MVP....

He'll become excellent player and teammate, but he's got a long ways to go before achieving that goal.

I said "in five years". He isn't one of the top players in the League right now, but if I'm drafting players I'm projecting the next 10 years or hopefully 10 plus. The NBA is filled with guys who make a lot of money in their first contract and never really improve. MKG is the antithesis of that. He will continue to get better year after year while guys like Thomas Robinson will drop from the league.

Ok so currently in the league....

1) Davis
2) Wall
3) Cousins
4) Rondo
5) Noel
6) MKG
7) Prince
8) Randle
9) Knight
10) Patterson
11) Bledsoe
12) T. Jones
13) Lamb
14) Young (has good upside and NBA frame, in a few years could be good)
15) Hayes

Everyone seems to be forgetting Kanter... he belongs on the list somewhere... I would put him definitely ahead of Lamb...

I said "in five years". He isn't one of the top players in the League right now, but if I'm drafting players I'm projecting the next 10 years or hopefully 10 plus. The NBA is filled with guys who make a lot of money in their first contract and never really improve. MKG is the antithesis of that. He will continue to get better year after year while guys like Thomas Robinson will drop from the league.

How do you know he will get better every year, and those guys won't? It's hard to get a lot better when you are solely an energy player and not much else.
He's worked on his jump shot his whole life. It is what it is.
I remember he started working extra hard on his jumper in the summer before his senior season, to allow him to become a small forward. He just is what he is. An undersized 4 with good quickness and plays hard

I'd go....

1. Davis (duh)
2. Wall (better intangibles than Cuz. Makes teammates better)
3. Cousins
4. Rondo
5. Kanter
6. Bledsoe
7. Noel
8. MKG
9. Randle
10. Knight
11. Terrence jones
12. Prince (always loved him but he's gettin old)
13. P. Patt.
14. Young

1. Anthony Davis
2. John Wall
3. DeMarcus Cousins
4. Karl Anthony Towns
5. Eric Bledsoe
6. Enes Kanter
7. Nerlens Noel
8. Michael Kidd Gilchrist
9.Willie Cauley Stein
10. Terrence Jones
11. Julius Randle
12. Brandon Knight
13. Trey Lyles
14. Devin Booker
15. Patrick Patterson
16. Rajon Rondo
17. Tayshaun Prince
18. Darius Miller
19.Andrew Harrison
20. James Young
21. Aaron Harrison
22. Nazr
23. Daniel Orton
23. Dakari Johnson
24. Josh Harrellson
25. DeAndre Liggins

MKG will struggle to be top 5 just from UK PRO....much less in discussion for MVP in the league in the next 5 years or 10 years.

What does it matter while guys like "Thomas Robinson" will drop from the league? As they are never in discussion for most valuable player in the league....

Davis will be front runner for MVP. Then you still have other guys from UK with huge potential like KAT, Cousins, and Wall. I don't see MKG ever passing those 4.

Then you got other UK players who are also improving a lot like Bledsoe, Knight, Noel, and Kanter. Is there guarantee that MKG can out pace the improvement of these 4?

Then you look at future superstar that we don't even know. Labissiere for example? He could become a major star.

Then you got guys like WCS, Lyles, Randle, and few other who can grow into a nice NBA player.

This is just UK Pro...

Then you got other guys like Wiggins, Parker, Irving, Okafor, Russell, etc. etc. who could become really good players...(some already are..)

I forgot Kanter. I'd rank him right with Knight and Noel. All 3 are just below "star" potential, but will have very solid decade long careers. Knight is in the J.R. Smith, Jamal Crawford caliber career. When all is said and done, will end up near 20,000 points but were never considered a franchise player or even a top option on any team.

Brandon Knight almost made the All-Star game last season.

1. Davis
2. Wall
3. Cousins
4. Towns
5. Bledsoe
6. Knight
7. Randle
8. MKG
9. Noel
10. Kanter

Only guys that are already in for mine.

Davis