ADVERTISEMENT

If you don't want to play for Kentucky, then I don't know you.

Rupp said something similar at one time in the context of memorial.

This will come down blood sweat and tears from the team we have. If all that effort pays off, we see a team improve dramatically and they go further than anyone expects, it will be a year to remember. After 40 + years of this, I think the years we overachieve are the best. If the team we have on hand overachieves, we have a hell of a ride on the way.

youre-dead-to-me.jpg

If a player picks Duke, Kansas, Arizona or similar programs, I completely understand. But the schools that they picked UK over lately are head scratchers.

Ditto for me. UK is the school I care about. If you don't come here, then I don't care what you do at all.

I just wonder if Brown ever really considered coming to Kentucky or did he just build us up to let us down hard, he never really looked like a Kentucky guy to me, if that makes sense, that's why I never joined in on most of the threads about him. :confused:

If a player doesn't want to play for Cal or Kentucky, that's fine. The recruiting may not have turned out the way many would have liked, but I will not lose any sleep over it. I am thankful for the players that did want to play for Kentucky... they want to be here and they will have my fan support 100%. I think it will be a very interesting year and I am looking forward to it.

KYJamm
GO WILCATS!!!!!!!!!

I just wonder if Brown ever really considered coming to Kentucky or did he just build us up to let us down hard, he never really looked like a Kentucky guy to me, if that makes sense, that's why I never joined in on most of the threads about him. :confused:
He's obviously too dumb to play here, so it's just as well he goes somewhere else.

I think what is more likely is that he knew he wasn't coming here, but being recruited by UK is a special thing even if you dont commit.

IMO, a top recruit that chooses a school like California, has no desire to be in the spotlight and doesn't care about winning NCAA championships.

Reactions: Double Oaked Juice
Guys like newman and brown clearly don't care about winning. I mean, you can't argue that. I like the guys that value winning and success above all, and are willing to do WHATEVER it takes to go after it. These guys in this class just aren't super ultra competitive winners. They're playing for mom and some weather. Good luck.

Reactions: ukfan041
Guys like newman and brown clearly don't care about winning. I mean, you can't argue that. I like the guys that value winning and success above all, and are willing to do WHATEVER it takes to go after it. These guys in this class just aren't super ultra competitive winners. They're playing for mom and some weather. Good luck.

LOL...clearly...smh.

So, does this mean you don't like Cal? :sunglasses:

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Cal should recruit more Kentucky boys. Their is no question where there loyalty are. Plus when they get drafted they bring all that NBA money back to the commonwealth

Cal should recruit more Kentucky boys. Their is no question where there loyalty are. Plus when they get drafted they bring all that NBA money back to the commonwealth
The continued attempted comedy routine by this little fella is not working out too well. Someone give him a pat on the head, and a sucker, and send him on his way. Schools out pretty soon, and i'm afraid it's gonna get worse if he's not banned by then.

Newman won 4 state titles in HS. I think he is probably a competitive winner.

Reactions: brianpoe
Well he had better get used to losing now.That Mississippi State team is horrible and their best hope is the NIT.
No question. I would say he probably believes he can make them a winner though. He is wrong!

So, does this mean you don't like Cal? :sunglasses:

What a moron. Have you ever seen Cal on the sidelines chewing out his own players or acting like a complete child while losing? Are you a duke fan? I Bet you love Duke getting every call and K staying planted in the officials ear like a rat on cheese. I don't think I've ever seen him go after his own player once. Always on the official. You root for a sick, selfish, rat who history will show was nothing more than the ncaa's flopping golden boy. Run off.

Newman won 4 state titles in HS. I think he is probably a competitive winner.

Sure. Picking Mississippi state over a school like Kentucky shows he values winning over being "the man". Good observation.

Sure. Picking Mississippi state over a school like Kentucky shows he values winning over being "the man". Good observation.
He is from the state of Mississippi. Not completely strange for a kid to stay home. Does it show he might value being the man at his home school over playing and practicing with other top players, sure. Your comment about him not being a competitive winner just sounds like you're salty. To this point in his basketball career the kid literally couldn't have been more accomplished.

As I said, a guy that has competed for and won 4 state titles in 4 years of HS probably thinks he can turn Miss State's program around. He is wrong, but I feel he thinks that. Throw in the fact we already have Ulis and Briscoe and that might have made his decision that much easier. Just my opinion, obviously.

As Don said though, he isn't coming to UK so who cares?!? I'm done talking about him. Go Cats

Reactions: brianpoe
He is from the state of Mississippi. Not completely strange for a kid to stay home. Does it show he might value being the man at his home school over playing and practicing with other top players, sure. Your comment about him not being a competitive winner just sounds like you're salty. To this point in his basketball career the kid literally couldn't have been more accomplished.

As I said, a guy that has competed for and won 4 state titles in 4 years of HS probably thinks he can turn Miss State's program around. He is wrong, but I feel he thinks that. Throw in the fact we already have Ulis and Briscoe and that might have made his decision that much easier. Just my opinion, obviously.

As Don said though, he isn't coming to UK so who cares?!? I'm done talking about him. Go Cats

Fari enough. I'm not salty though I can admit I wanted him. I just don't think picking Mississippi State shows he values winning above other aspects. Personally, I'd want o play where I had the best chance at winning a championship, bettering myself under a proven coach, and becoming part of a family tradition that can help you for generations. He's not going to get much of that at State.

But yea it's kind of pointless talking about it anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT