ADVERTISEMENT

If you don’t think

I can’t figure out why so many think it’s a “shit show”, and the job should have been filled by now. It’s been four days. Four! Do we want it done quickly, or done right?
You only went after people who are settled in their life situation and don't need to build a career or money. Chances were very great that they would say no. Go after the right candidate profile. Young coaches on the rise who want the opportunity. Then, if turned down young start being concerned.

Looking like Pearl is the man for the job. He would love nothing more than to kick Cals ass. That's the attitude we need.

It IS! And if Pearl is the only guy with the balls to want to dominate all opponents, then so be it. Bring it on. (Don't think MB will do it, but if he's the only one with the guts for the job, LFG!) No reason to look further than that, imo.

That would be the first damn question out of my mouth as an AD before I ever thought about flying ANYWHERE to interview ANYONE.

"ARE YOU WANTING TO TRY TO WIN OR ARE YOU WANTING TO ABSOLUTELY DOMINATE THE CONFERENCE AND POST SEASON LEAVING NO DOUBT WHO IS THE BEST TEAM?"

If the answer is anything short of enthusiastic and confident, move on to the next phone call.

• Love
Reactions: bluebornwildcat
It may be less about UK and more about the potential candidates current situations.

Danny Hurley - family from the Northeast, back to back championships, great money....why leave
Scott Drew - family loves their current situation, created your own program, great money....why leave

So maybe it is less about UK and more about what they currently have.

I know we take it personal (who wouldn't want to come to UK) but maybe just maybe it is not about UK.

It may be less about UK and more about the potential candidates current situations.

Danny Hurley - family from the Northeast, back to back championships, great money....why leave
Scott Drew - family loves their current situation, created your own program, great money....why leave

So maybe it is less about UK and more about what they currently have.

I know we take it personal (who wouldn't want to come to UK) but maybe just maybe it is not about UK.

Well reasoned and well said

I can’t figure out why so many think it’s a “shit show”, and the job should have been filled by now. It’s been four days. Four! Do we want it done quickly, or done right?

It's been 2. 2.days.

Last edited:
Guy on the GYERO thread is pretty connected. He says cal is smearing UK and Mitch behind the scenes. It's making rounds in the nike circuit. He took shots at the Craft's yesterday too. With his love the govenor comment.

He'd probably smear his momma if she came between him and his reputation/money. You have to expect it now regardless of what he says on camera. It only matters if we let it affect us.

The right coach will be immune to his bullsht

Reactions: RunninRichie
They don't have to even ask him. If you think coaches are taking the fans side over the coaches side, you're mistaken. Coach Cal may not have a ton of fans among the coaching ranks, but you better believe they saw this breakup and aren't thinking Cal is the one fully at fault.

They don't have to even ask him. If you think coaches are taking the fans side over the coaches side, you're mistaken. Coach Cal may not have a ton of fans among the coaching ranks, but you better believe they saw this breakup and aren't thinking Cal is the one fully at fault.

Not if they've ever watched him coach

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT