ADVERTISEMENT

If you could do the schedule...

EvilMD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2003
what would it look like?

I would get out of the two four-team deals we have now as soon as they expire

To replace them, I would rotate Duke and UNC, every other year, and play it where the Final Four is that year.

I would rotate IU, Cincinnati and West Virginia. Every third year. Home and home. Make it a four team rotating opponent deal.

I would play WKU, EKU, Murray and Morehead at home (two per year, rotating)

I would play one hot program not mentioned in Dallas or Indy or Brooklyn every year. Like Maryland next year or Kansas or whoever.

I would bring back the UKIT, but with real teams. Purdue. Utah. The kind of teams it used to attract.

what would it look like?

I would get out of the two four-team deals we have now as soon as they expire

To replace them, I would rotate Duke and UNC, every other year, and play it where the Final Four is that year.

I would rotate IU, Cincinnati and West Virginia. Every third year. Home and home. Make it a four team rotating opponent deal.

I would play WKU, EKU, Murray and Morehead at home (two per year, rotating)

I would play one hot program not mentioned in Dallas or Indy or Brooklyn every year. Like Maryland next year or Kansas or whoever.

I would bring back the UKIT, but with real teams. Purdue. Utah. The kind of teams it used to attract.

UK is not going to play the Loosiers at their thug palace. Otherwise, interesting schedule. I tend to like ours the way it is though to be honest. 5-6 Power 5 type teams, mostly at neutral sites (which is the best locale for tourney prep), a couple of decent to big name home games, and one big name road game each season OOC.

I wish they would bring back the Big Four Classic they played in Indy for 4 years. Double header with UK, UL, IU, ND and UK rotates every other year between IU and ND. Short lived, but I loved that one.

I imagine most fans' ideal schedule isn't possible. I just don't think you can get all of those teams and neutral court sites in agreement. It'd be fun though.

I wish they would bring back the Big Four Classic they played in Indy for 4 years. Double header with UK, UL, IU, ND and UK rotates every other year between IU and ND. Short lived, but I loved that one.

Agree on Big Four Classic but replace Indiana with Ohio St.

I would prefer we drop UNC and at least one other major opponent, if not more. I see no reason to beat up the team early in the season. The SEC schedule is enough to prepare them for the tournament. UCLA won a lot of championships with great teams but if you look at their schedules they played nobody during the regular season and it made absolutely no difference when tournament time comes around. The NCAA tournament championship is all that really matters.

Thumbs down to Cincy and WV. I never, ever want to play those two teams. I hate Bob Huggins, and his thuggy stench is still all over Cincy as well. I'd rather swap in some random Big 10s or ACCs.

I would like to see the UKIT back with quality teams. I would never schedule any schools from the State of Kentucky--it divides the fans.
I would never schedule Cincinnati but I would schedule Indiana. Would also replace 3-4 of our cripples

Annual game (home & home) w/ UNC.
Annual game (Louisville & either Raleigh or Greensboro) with Duke (opposite travelwise of UNC game)
Annual game (home & home) w/ UofL
Annual game (Indy Dome, 50/50 ticket split) with IU
SEC/B12 Challenge game (KU most years)
Games in 2 of NYC (Brooklyn?), LA, and Chicago vs decent rotation of top 100 teams (for recruiting)
Annual home game vs rotation of Murray St, EKU, WKU, Morehead, and the visitor gets a couple thousand tickets to be distributed via lottery or stand-in-line at that school
Annual home game vs rotation of Cincy, WV, Ohio St, (if any don't want it, then offer to ND, Memphis or Purdue)

I'd have Duke's punk asses on there every year. I want Louisville, Indiana, North Carolina, and Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT