ADVERTISEMENT

If Murray signs and starts we will play three point guards...

23jumpboy

Senior
Jan 5, 2003
having three guys like that on the floor at once is such an advantage. They can create, score, be impossible to pressure, and put immense pressure on the other teams guards.

1 true PG and 2 combo G. ANY could play the poit, handle the ball, initiate offense, break press, 2 have solid size and skill to play the 2/3. Sounds nice

Reactions: Brando Mac
that was a great backcourt for Illinois. they were really good. Loved the beat down they put on UofSmell in the final four that year.

I want Murray bad as well; however, I feel like we have been waiting forever on a some type of news out of him. I just wonder when some type of decision will come out, I mean how long is it going to take I wonder?

I want Murray bad as well; however, I feel like we have been waiting forever on a some type of news out of him. I just wonder when some type of decision will come out, I mean how long is it going to take I wonder?

Well, they're just finishing up his senior year and deciding on the reclassification, just like Murray's dad said a few weeks ago. Now, they're visiting UK. Everything seems to be running smoothly at this point.

Just a guess, but I'd expect to hear something substantial within a week or so.

Reactions: joester5612
Well, they're just finishing up his senior year and deciding on the reclassification, just like Murray's dad said a few weeks ago. Now, they're visiting UK. Everything seems to be running smoothly at this point.

Just a guess, but I'd expect to hear something substantial within a week or so.
I hope you are right, I am just naturally impatient. lol

I think it will be soon. College classes just finished up and HS classes are all going to be ending in the next few weeks.

He can wait until August, but if he already plans to play next season, he will want to make his choice quickly and get on campus ASAP to get started on classes, conditioning, etc.

This is assuming he does not have HS class work to finish up in order to be eligible. I think in Canada they have more flexibility with their classes than in the US, so that should not be a problem.

With Murray, our starters and rotation would be set, IMHO.

Barring a surprise late addition we will ride with this team:

Starters
G Ulis- 30-35mpg
G Briscoe- 30-35mpg.
G Murray- 30-35mpg.
F Poythress- 25-30mpg.
F Labissiere- 25-30mpg.

Key Reserves
F Lee- 20-25mpg.
G Mulder (or Matthews)- 15-20mpg.

Bench
F Willis- fills in when there is foul trouble.
G Matthews (or Mulder)- spot duty.
G Hawkins- spot duty.
G Floreal- mop up minutes.

Reactions: Federal Cat

Starters
G Ulis- 30-35mpg
G Briscoe- 30-35mpg.
G Murray- 30-35mpg.
F Poythress- 25-30mpg.
F Labissiere- 25-30mpg.

Key Reserves
F Lee- 20-25mpg.

Bench
G Hawkins- spot duty.

Matthews will play alot and Willis will play some . I think Matthews plays more then Mulder .

Starters
G Ulis- 30-35mpg
G Briscoe- 30-35mpg.
G Murray- 30-35mpg.
F Poythress- 25-30mpg.
F Labissiere- 25-30mpg.

Key Reserves
F Lee- 20-25mpg.

Bench
G Hawkins- spot duty.

I think both Mulder and Matthews will get some run every game if they earn it. Cal can take the 20 you give them and play them both 10 each or so. It just depends. Mulder can shoot the 3, so I see no way he is spot duty.

except Illinois in 2005 haha

But yea I get the point.

In fairness to them, they were going to classes all year while the team that robbed them of their title was "earning" their fake degrees.

Also, their coach was Bruce Weber.

They had way too much to overcome.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I think both Mulder and Matthews will get some run every game if they earn it. Cal can take the 20 you give them and play them both 10 each or so. It just depends. Mulder can shoot the 3, so I see no way he is spot duty.

I think they battle it out for the seventh spot early in the season, with both getting 10 or so minutes per game each, then when Cal tightens up the rotation (per usual) he gives whichever one fits best with the other guys the most run.

Regardless, six guys are going to get the most clock and the rest will fight for the scraps.

Starters
G Ulis- 30-35mpg
G Briscoe- 30-35mpg.
G Murray- 30-35mpg.
F Poythress- 25-30mpg.
F Labissiere- 25-30mpg.

Key Reserves
F Lee- 20-25mpg.

Bench
G Hawkins- spot duty.
That looks like a pretty solid team, c'mon Jamal pull the trigger;)

You could play 5 guards or 5 forwards or 5 centers. You still have Cal for a coach and uh, how many Championships has he won with the No.1 recruiting class each year.
One more than the number of women you've seen naked without having paid for it.

You could play 5 guards or 5 forwards or 5 centers. You still have Cal for a coach and uh, how many Championships has he won with the No.1 recruiting class each year.
2014- Mercer 78, Duke 71
2013- Louisville 85, Duke 63
2012- Lehigh 75, Duke 70
2011- Arizona 93, Duke 77
2009- Villanova 77, Duke 54
2008- West Virginia 73, Duke 67
2007- VCU 79, Duke 77

ADVERTISEMENT