ADVERTISEMENT

If Livingston and Reeves Return

Mar 21, 2023
What could the lineup look like? Bradshaw says he’s playing the four but if Livingston returns where does he fit in? I doubt he would come off the bench.

I can't even remotely see Livingston coming back. By not scrimmaging at the combine, he most likely has a late first or second round commitment from some team. Otherwise, he's made himself invisible when exposure and performance is necessary to have any shot at being drafted at all.

Depends on egos.

Wagner, Edwards, and Bradshaw will definitely expect to start. They are all top 5-ish recruits.

Livingston probably won’t come back without assurances he will start. In fact, he probably wants to play the 3 again.

Reeves probably doesn’t care whether he starts, as long as gets minutes.

So the problem might be whether Bradshaw will play the 5 or not. If the rumors are true, he has demanded that he play the 4.

Then there is Dillingham, that likely expects to start.

So it all depends on how serious these demands are.

The best lineup is probably:

G Dillingham
G Wagner
G Edwards
F Livingston
F Bradshaw

With Reeves as the 6th man.

CL would backup Edwards at the 3, and play some 4 also. Which he should want to do since the NBA are bigger guys anyway, and our 4 plays mostly on the perimeter.

CL would backup Edwards at the 3, and play some 4 also. Which he should want to do since the NBA are bigger guys anyway, and our 4 plays mostly on the perimeter.
Just don’t see him coming back to UK if he won’t start. He’s not even projected as a draft pick, so a return would make sense if he’s a starter

Cal has probably promised seven players they will start. So he needs two to go pro. Or something similar.

Probably the best thing that could happen to us is Tshiebwe, Livingston, and Reeves return and the top seven accept their roles and are content to all get starter minutes, regardless of who starts.

If all seven get around 25 minutes a game, that’s 175 of the 200 total minutes. That leaves 25 minutes for Sheppard, Onyenso, and Thiero to fight over.

1-3 spots (120 minutes)- Dillingham(25), Edwards(25), Reeves(25), Wagner(25), Sheppard(10), Livingston(5), and Thiero(5).

4-5 spots (80 minutes)- Bradshaw(25), Tshiebwe(25), Livingston(20), and Onyenso(10).

That would be a pretty strong roster, IMHO.

Livingston in an interview today mentioned “if my ankle is good”. A bad ankle may be why he opted out of the scrimmages.

Reactions: downthehatch
I can't even remotely see Livingston coming back. By not scrimmaging at the combine, he most likely has a late first or second round commitment from some team. Otherwise, he's made himself invisible when exposure and performance is necessary to have any shot at being drafted at all.
He’s 74th on ESPN best available list. He’s not going to be picked in the top 58. Not sure what he is doing or what bad advice he is getting.

He’s 74th on ESPN best available list. He’s not going to be picked in the top 58. Not sure what he is doing or what bad advice he is getting.

Yeah it's crazy.

My guess is they are selling him on the Austin Reeves route. If you don't go in the top-45, decline to get drafted (even if someone does want to draft you), and sign a 2-way with the right franchise where you can grow into a proper role.

It was the perfect decision and worked out great for Austin Reeves, think that is probably what Klutch is selling him on at this point. They can get him a 2-way for the right franchise and he can grow into it.

Just a guess.

Depends on egos.

Wagner, Edwards, and Bradshaw will definitely expect to start. They are all top 5-ish recruits.

Livingston probably won’t come back without assurances he will start. In fact, he probably wants to play the 3 again.

So the problem might be whether Bradshaw will play the 5 or not. If the rumors are true, he has demanded that he play the 4.

G Dillingham
G Wagner
G Edwards
F Livingston
F Bradshaw

What rumors? From the Cal hate cult? Cal has never once promised minutes or a position to any player in his career. And you, or your cult buddies, cannot find even one player that says differently.

Depends on egos.

G Dillingham
G Wagner
G Edwards
F Livingston
F Bradshaw

With Bradshaw and Livingston, we have two prima donnas whose expectations for the upcoming roster make them mutually exclusive. There's no way those two are on the same roster. Bradshaw should be the 5 and Livingston should be the 4, but both of these geniuses want to be mediocre at a position one size lower instead of being potentially great at the position they should be playing.

It's remarkable how Calipari keeps finding these types of divas,

With Bradshaw and Livingston, we have two prima donnas whose expectations for the upcoming roster make them mutually exclusive. There's no way those two are on the same roster. Bradshaw should be the 5 and Livingston should be the 4, but both of these geniuses want to be mediocre at a position one size lower instead of being potentially great at the position they should be playing.

It's remarkable how Calipari keeps finding these types of divas,
I'm starting to wish Bradshaw had left so we could get a real stretch 4.

Reactions: G-PIP
I'll be thrilled with our incoming roster if we can get Reeves, Livingston, and Oscar all back.

That being said, I think we're a lot closer to 1 out of 3 than we are 3 out of 3.
We haven't had a summer worth giving a crap about since that spring/summer when Cal bagged Travis, Hagans, Montgomery - in addition to the news about PJ returning.

Since then, every summer has been trash-worthy.

Livingston in an interview today mentioned “if my ankle is good”. A bad ankle may be why he opted out of the scrimmages.
Sure it was. He doesn’t wanna get more exposed. He’s not ready for the league and they all know it but they will try their best to get him in on measurements and perceived rank in HS. He’s gonna be good and I want him back but he needs another year and more refinement.

Sure it was. He doesn’t wanna get more exposed. He’s not ready for the league and they all know it but they will try their best to get him in on measurements and perceived rank in HS. He’s gonna be good and I want him back but he needs another year and more refinement.
Yeah Livingston dribble and then when a player gets in a stance and he can’t go straight line to the paint….has to kick it back out

Pretty sure NBA will take a hard pass on drafting that skill set

Reactions: kyjeff1
In a world where logic is preeminent, Livingston would come back and get better while making $200,000 off NIL. Not a bad gig.

Bradshaw - Onyenso
Livingston - Johnson
Edwards - Thiero
Reeves - Dillingham - Sheppard
Wagner - Dillingham - Sheppard

The problem with this lineup is that although it's entirely logical, it simply cannot happen because we have two players, in the persons of Bradshaw and Livingston, who think they're Kevin Durant and want to play on the perimeter as much as possible.

I'm certain Livingston and Bradshaw cannot exist on the same roster. They're mutually exclusive.

Reactions: Fox2monk
In a world where logic is preeminent, Livingston would come back and get better while making $200,000 off NIL. Not a bad gig.

Bradshaw - Onyenso
Livingston - Johnson
Edwards - Thiero
Reeves - Dillingham - Sheppard
Wagner - Dillingham - Sheppard

The problem with this lineup is that although it's entirely logical, it simply cannot happen because we have two players, in the persons of Bradshaw and Livingston, who think they're Kevin Durant and want to play on the perimeter as much as possible.

I'm certain Livingston and Bradshaw cannot exist on the same roster. They're mutually exclusive.
Which is sad because if Livingston played the 4, and Bradshaw the 5 it would be a pretty modern lineup with the right shooters on the floor.

Livingston is gone and I'm fine with it. Give me Keshad Johnson over Chris any day.

We need to get Reeves and a bigtime 5 man in here though. Preferably Oscar, but Cal needs to get somebody soon.

I still think we need another elite shooter, even if Reeves returns. It looks like Cal tried to reach out to a shooter yesterday, but he was too late, kid signed with Auburn. But at least he tried, that’s something, I guess.

• Sad
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
If Livingston comes back, don’t be surprised when Cal trots this starting lineup out:

G Wagner
G Edwards
F Livingston
F Bradshaw
F Tshiebwe or Onyenso or transfer big man.

• Haha
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
The best thing he could have done was say that he's coming back. Saying your ankle isn't good isn't going to result in anything positive as far as the NBA goes. They've heard it all. And avoiding further exposure is just the clarification the NBA needs.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Have it on good authority that Livingston is telling front office ppl he’s not returning to UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT