ADVERTISEMENT

If Cal (Hypothetically) left to the NBA to create a team full of former UK players

If Cal left to the NBA to create an NBA team full of former UK players

• Total voters
Oct 14, 2011
Ignore my post count for a minute, but keep in mind I've been a long time Catspause/Catsillistrated daily viewer since the 90s (excepts I can' stomach coming on here after a disappointing loss or for a couple of weeks after a disappointing end to a season just like the last.) Reading the posts on this site is a daily routine for me, but I just don't like to post. I'm a bit of an antisocial hermit who won't even login to facebook...

Anyway I've always been a die hard UK fan since I was a kid and a UK Alumni, but I'v never been too into the NBA much until recently when we started putting all these players in the league. I've been keeping up with the Pelicans because I'm a huge Davis fan, and the fact that he is already one of the best players in the league has me excited. I have been browsing the Pelican's team message boards all season and I since the Monty Williams firing I was reading a thread where one of the poster's was fantasizing about what coach Cal could do for them if he was hired... Now I know this is not happening, but it just got me wondering what people would think if call did jump to the NBA and all of a sudden his former players wanted to play for him. Thinking of a team with Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, John Wall, and other's joining a team with Cal is actually pretty appealing.

I'd be devistated if Cal left, but if history is any indication, we will be ok even if for a short period of time we don't reach our ideal success. For me I would hold no ill will toward Cal for trying to take on the NBA. With the relationships he's built with his former players I would think they would love to play for him.

I'll be a UK fan no-matter what, but to me it would be pretty cool if there was an NBA team full of ex-cats and our former coach. I know we had Pitino and a few cats in Boston back in the day, but I'm talking about a real family of cats that can be a force in the NBA.

What do you guys think about this? I never want Cal to leave, and honestly I'm not even realistically entertaining it as a real possibility. I know he's not going anywhere, but if hypothetically he did go to the NBA in a position to call the shots, do you think our former players would give up some of their money and flock to a Cal coached team? I'm not necessarily talking about it being the Pelicans, but any team. If this happens, would our fans be excited by the idea of basically a UK alumni NBA team? Would some of you not care because they don't have "Kentucky" accross their chests?.. Or would some of you just be bitter about Cal ditching us for the NBA.

I for one would love this, but only if it were actually to happen, which I don't realistically see a remote chance of this happening. I just think its interesting to think about. I'd be extremely upset that Cal left, but after a playoff caliber team filled with a bunch of former Kentucky greats is established, I think this would be awesome.

Interesting poll but for the love of all that is Holy why do posters on any forum have to have one stupid polling option? You make a poll to collect data. When you put an option for Troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! most people will troll you and choose that option. You're just shooting your self in the foot and wasting your time by putting in stupid polling options.

Sorry this is a massive pet peeve of mine. It makes zero sense. If you want to poll for serious data, don't put stupid options.

Interesting poll but for the love of all that is Holy why do posters on any forum have to have one stupid polling option? You make a poll to collect data. When you put an option for Troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! most people will troll you and choose that option. You're just shooting your self in the foot and wasting your time by putting in stupid polling options.

Sorry this is a massive pet peeve of mine. It makes zero sense. If you want to poll for serious data, don't put stupid options.

Sorry... I've just always found it pretty humorous when people are called out for being a troll. And due to the subject matter and the fact that I'm new to posting, I just wanted to see how many people called me a troll. I guess that is pretty trollish, but that wasn't my intention.

ADVERTISEMENT