ADVERTISEMENT

If a single quote could capture the lifeblood of Kentucky Basketball...

Jan 20, 2013
what would it be?...here's mine:

They had it before, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone.

--Al McGuire on the tradition of Kentucky basketball
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

btw...who is the Cat in this video of Marquette vs Kentucky?

http://kydem.blogspot.com/2010/03/kentucky-basketball-tradition.html

Especially in reference to the OADs . . . "First they'll ask us why we did it, then they'll ask us how we did it."
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
That's classic!

"The program that Is, that Was , that will all ways be KINGS of the Landscape, the program of IMMORTALITY!"

ME:fistbump:

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

unknown-51.jpeg

...from ESPN....QUOTES ABOUT TRADITION-RICH KENTUCKY BASKETBALL

Of the Final Four teams, the one with the greatest basketball tradition is the University of Kentucky Wildcats. Here are five all-time great University of Kentucky basketball quotes:

1. "Kentucky players put their pants on the same way our players do. It just takes them a little longer to pull them up."

-- Joe Sexson, former Butler coach

2. "I'd just as soon freeze to death."

-- Ashley Judd, Kentucky graduate, on being offered a University of North Carolina jacket on a movie set

3. "They're great. We could play them 10 times and lose nine. I wouldn't be sure we would win the tenth."

-- Rick Majerus, on a great Kentucky team

4. "I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body."

-- Winston Bennett, former University of Kentucky basketball player

5. "I know I have plenty of enemies, but I'd rather be the most hated winning coach in the country than the most popular losing one."

-- Adolph Rupp, legendary Kentucky basketball coach

Ricky Bobby "If you ain't first you're last". In College basketball we are first and the rest just doesn't matter.

Last edited:
this ain't a spelling bee or anything like that, we here to play basketball. -Boogie

Former LSU coach Dale Brown when asked about playing a depleted Kentucky team on probation around 1990....
"it's Kentucky basketball. You can take 5 guys out of the stands 5 minutes before tip off and they will give you a heck of a game."

For me when trying too explain too people outside of KY about UK basketball I always use the same phrase.
Cradle to grave.

For me when trying too explain too people outside of KY about UK basketball I always use the same phrase.
Cradle to grave.
In Kentucky we think a person who likes sex more than basketball is a pervert.

gotta give Rick a credit........."the Roman Empire of college basketball".

what would it be?...here's mine:

They had it before, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone.

--Al McGuire on the tradition of Kentucky basketball

btw...who is the Cat in this video of Marquette vs Kentucky?

http://kydem.blogspot.com/2010/03/kentucky-basketball-tradition.html
We are like tanks coming over the hill

Reactions: 1 for the Blue
If winning doesn't mean anything why do we keep score...........paraphrasing Adolph Rupp.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT