ADVERTISEMENT

I missed the game . Couple of questions.

yoshukai

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2002
Harrodsburg
So I took my grandsons to a Christmas parade and taped the game. Now I don’t think I’ll watch it . Couple of questions.

We shot so few threes , were they “running us off the line” like we did Miami? And I know he didn’t play much but what is everyone’s first impression of Bradshaw?

So I took my grandsons to a Christmas parade and taped the game. Now I don’t think I’ll watch it . Couple of questions.

We shot so few threes , were they “running us off the line” like we did Miami? And I know he didn’t play much but what is everyone’s first impression of Bradshaw?
The key to victory is shooting as few threes as possible. Just ask Bass and the other troll.

Yes. They did to us what we did to Miami.

Bradshaw was +11. No issues.

Reactions: yoshukai
Bradshaw looks raw to me very thin build and KY was ran off the line a lot but also reverted back to trying to pound the ball inside.

Reactions: yoshukai

I missed first 8 min , or 9 .. but when I tuned in we were down 6-8 points and we were attacking the basket when we didnt have numbers , we were rushing everything like crazy , running near zero sets . The play was so bad it was like even when we did do something right , the smallest thing would blow it up , or a three would be 3/4 down and roll out , And it wasnt 1 player , Reed had a terrible passing 1st Half . Overall just a lack of focus and urgency . And in half 2 our D by our guards was near non existent . Reeves was totally off , Reed got taken advantage a few times . Just a bad omen for when we actually play good teams on the road . For a # 1 class of recruits its another black eye for the well respected star system of recruiting . Or lack of coaching them up

The ball and player movement were awful thus lower 3P attempts. Dillingham was a disaster and Shep didn’t really create open 3s for others while having a statistically impressive day.

Bradshaw is very tall, pretty thin, runs more awkwardly than I remember from AAU!, and offered very little floor spacing or shot blocking. Players unsure of what they’re doing tend to look slower so I think we need more time to see if he can offer more, especially defensively. Cal wants to play him with Mitchell but IMO he needs more speed next to him to make up for his lateral deficiencies as someone that tall.

Reactions: know1 and yoshukai
^^ one worrisome thing is add we add more pieces , in the two 7 footers , it makes things more complex for a coach who seems , NO HAS , lost his ability to shuffle players and keep them happy and bought in . Those days seem like a distant memory . I have zero faith , not 1 % , that Johny C can piece this all together .

Guys getting beat off the dribble and Cow has no adjustments defensively. Just like every other year. Reeves and Mitchell choked and can’t be depended on in crunch time. Game over.

We had terrible ball movement, got VERY few 50\50 ballsdidnt shoot well and played horrible defense. Finally our coach made 0 adjustments.

Reactions: RunninRichie

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT